Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows How to Repair or Change IMEI of laptop's build-in WWAN card
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to Repair or Change IMEI of laptop's build-in WWAN card

How to Repair or Change IMEI of laptop's build-in WWAN card

Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
17-12-2019, 10:43 AM

Hello fellows. Hope everyone is doing fine!
I'm struggling to get access to my laptop's build-in WWAN card, so I can repair or even change my IMEI. This is HP elitebook 820 and got a sim slot for mobile data access via any network's sim card. 
I want to get access to it's IMEI as we can do on mobile phones. How is it possible? Please guide me about any program which can access this build-in network card to change it's parameters.
This post was last modified: 17-12-2019, 10:45 AM by Abdullah Zafar.
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
17-12-2019, 10:56 AM
Hello fellows. Hope everyone is doing fine!
I'm struggling to get access to my laptop's build-in WWAN card, so I can repair or even change my IMEI. This is HP elitebook 820 running on windows10, and got a sim slot for cellular data access via any network's sim card. 
I want to get access to it's IMEI as we can do on mobile phones. How is it possible? Please guide me about any program which can access this build-in network card to change it's parameters.

My Build-in 4g device info is:
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: HP lt4112 Gobi 4G Module

Firmware: 12.430.23.08.00

Network type: GSM

Data class: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, LTE, HSPA+
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
17-12-2019, 11:54 AM
(17-12-2019, 10:43 AM)Abdullah Zafar Hello fellows. Hope everyone is doing fine!
I'm struggling to get access to my laptop's build-in WWAN card, so I can repair or even change my IMEI. This is HP elitebook 820 and got a sim slot for mobile data access via any network's sim card. 

open device manager and check the properties of the the wwan card, under advanced tab you might find the option to change imei
or search through registry editor, you might find the imei values are stored and might just be able to change it

note that you try at your own risk, no idea if any of the above works or even possible to achieve what you looking for
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
18-12-2019, 09:51 AM
(17-12-2019, 11:54 AM)freshtyt
(17-12-2019, 10:43 AM)Abdullah Zafar Hello fellows. Hope everyone is doing fine!

open device manager and check the properties of the the wwan card, under advanced tab you might find the option to change imei
or search through registry editor, you might find the imei values are stored and might just be able to change it

note that you try at your own risk, no idea if any of the above works or even possible to achieve what you looking for

no, it doesn't. No option to change IMEI in device MGR. I want to change hardware IMEI number, not only in windows registry. but, how to connect to the hardware directly via Comm port with PUTTY or any other method, to perform this kind of changes directly on it?
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
18-12-2019, 05:13 PM

(18-12-2019, 09:51 AM)Abdullah Zafar no, it doesn't. No option to change IMEI in device MGR. I want to change hardware IMEI number, not only in windows registry. but, how to connect to the hardware directly via Comm port with PUTTY or any other method, to perform this kind of changes directly on it?

doubt that's possible and even if it is idk, no such documentation anywhere maybe cause it's illegal afterall