Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to unbrick / fix an Infinix device
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to unbrick / fix an Infinix device

[Tutorial] How to unbrick / fix an Infinix device

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-05-2014, 09:35 AM

If you're among those who installed the wrong apps or did something that has caused your Infinix phone to get stuck at the Infinix logo without booting further or in a boot loop, then this guide is for you (For other Android phones, see How to unbrick / fix a bricked Android device). If your Infinix phone is so bricked that it doesn't even respond to power button anymore then read how to fix a totally dead Infinix phone; wont come on, charge or show any sign of life

Flashing the firmware
A. Factory Reset / Cache wipe

This method assumes your phone is not rooted, you did nothing and the phone just got stuck or you merely installed an app that doesn't require root permission

1. Switch off the phone
2. Press the volume increase button and don't release
3. Press the power button and keep holding down both buttons
4. Don't release till you enter recovery mode which will either show clockworkmod or an Android lying on its back
4a. If you see a robot lying on its back then you're in stock recovery. Press the volume buttons or power button to go past the robot lying on its back
4b. In stock recovery, you use the volume decrease button to navigate and volume increase button to select
4c. In Clockworkmod recovery, you use both volume buttons to navigate and power button to select
5. First wipe cache partition then reboot the phone
6. If that doesn't work, reboot into recovery and select Wipe data / factory reset then reboot
6b. If factory reset doesn't work then format the memory card, slot it back in, do a factory reset and reboot.
7. If none of the above helps then proceed with this guide .

B. Clockworkmod Backup & Restore Method

This method assumes you have access to a working phone of the same model

1. Get a phone of the same model that isn't bricked
1b. Flash clockworkmod to both phones (use this method @ //www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-455.html )
2. Boot the good phone into recovery mode
3. Go to Backup and restore
4. Select Backup then yes to confirm
5. After Backup is complete, reboot the good phone
5b. Copy the entire clockworkmod folder from the memory card of the good phone to the memory card of the bricked phone (dont place it inside any folder)
6. Boot the bricked phone into recovery mode
7. Go to backup and restore
8. Select Restore
9. Select the backup you just copied and click yes to confirm
10. Your Infinix phone should come back to life
11. Here are Clockworkmod recovery images for Infinix phones by Hovatek If you need a pre-created clcokworkmod recovery image

* Note
# If successful, the bricked phone will look exactly like the good one (settings and all) so you could do a factory reset

# If you get an md5 mismatch error, then make sure that both phones are on clockwokrmod recovery then repeat the backup-restore process. You'll get an error backing up stock recovery and restoring to another phone. Follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-115.html to fix it.

C. Manual  Driver and Clockworkmod installation ; Backup and restore

This method assumes you neither have access to a working phone of the same model nor have clockworkmod installed on the bricked phone but have downloaded / have access to the clockworkmod backup of the same model  and Mediatek drivers preinstalled on the PC

1. Download MTK Droid tools
2. Manually Install MTK / Vcomm drivers (use the method @ //www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html ) or  Use the automatic method @ //www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-317.html
3. Get the the boot.img for your phone type from someone who has the same phone as your bricked one (via MTK tools backup) or download boot.img for your Infinix phone.
4. Still with the phone connected, extract and launch MTK Droid tools (green logo)
5. MTK Droid tools should display your phone's details and the box at the bottom should be yellow
6. If it doesn't, ensure the drivers were correctly installed then boot the phone into factory mode (volume decrease + power button)
7. MTK should now detect and display the phone's details
8. Click ROOT at the bottom, select Yes / Grant to any prompt on phone or PC and wait till the box turns green
9. When the box turns green, click on the root, backup, recovery tab
10. Click to choose boot.img file
11. Click Recovery and Boot then navigate to the boot.img from 3 and select it
12. Click yes to every prompt
13. When asked, click yes to boot into recovery mode
14. You should now have Clockworkmod recovery installed on the bricked Infinix phone from which you can do a restore, wipe cahe partiton, wipe davlink cache, reset to factory state or flash a new stock or custom ROM
15. Get the Clockworkmod backup of a good phone of the exact model (you can download @ //www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-533.html ) as the bricked phone then follow the steps in method B.
16. If you're having trouble, see How to easily flash Clockworkmod to a bricked MTK (including Infinix) phone
17. Here are Clockworkmod recovery images for Infinix phones by Hovatek If you need a pre-created clockworkmod recovery image
18. If the above steps fail, you can flash the clockworkmod recovery image for your phone using SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
This post was last modified: 07-10-2019, 06:25 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
epoxide
epoxide
epoxide
16-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Plsssssss can i get permission to download tecno l3 mtk backup and infinix hot mtk backup ?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-02-2015, 09:26 AM
(16-02-2015, 07:00 PM)epoxide Plsssssss can i get permission to download tecno l3 mtk backup and infinix hot mtk backup ?
To get permission to download stock ROMs, please read https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1326.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
nyamunga
nyamunga
nyamunga
21-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Infinix Alpha Marvel X502 (MTK Backup) pliz if anybody got one
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-02-2015, 08:40 PM

(21-02-2015, 07:58 PM)nyamunga Infinix Alpha Marvel X502 (MTK Backup)  pliz if anybody got one

yes, we have it. To get permission to download stock ROMs, please read https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1326.html

Note!
Mede22
Mede22
Mede22
09-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Good day sir, please I need your permission to downloadInfinix Hot X507 (MTK Backup). My email is: idemudiachildren@Gmail.com Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-05-2015, 09:24 PM
(09-05-2015, 05:25 PM)Mede22 Good day sir, please I need your permission to downloadInfinix Hot X507 (MTK Backup). My email is:  idemudiachildren@Gmail.com Thanks

To get permission to download stock ROMs, please read https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1326.html

Note!
examhelp
examhelp
examhelp
Enthusiastic Member
15-06-2015, 11:03 PM
s sir I install popkat for infinix hot x507……  from 4.4.2 to 5.0.2
… . is now given me problem….  I try to backup  and go bak to my old vision 4.4.2 but is not working…..  The main  problem I hav is b4 I install  d popkat I did not bakup…..

For now I try to bak up from my friends  infinix hot x507 nd install  in my own but… .. It usually  say error in bakup nd am using 7.90gb memory bt stil failed….

Pls sir I need ur help….  My number is 08137483459.

I wait to c ur reply tnkx
Manavjetguy
Manavjetguy
Manavjetguy
Enthusiastic Member
14-07-2015, 11:22 PM
pls sir i need you to grant me permission to download infinix zero stock rom @ onilejinhakeem@yahoo.com
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-07-2015, 10:38 AM

(14-07-2015, 11:22 PM)Manavjetguy pls sir i need you to grant me permission to download infinix zero stock rom @ onilejinhakeem@yahoo.com

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next