Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Phone bricked with wrong command via fastboot
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Phone bricked with wrong command via fastboot

Phone bricked with wrong command via fastboot

idog8818
idog8818
idog8818
22-12-2019, 11:30 PM

Phone bricked because of wrong command inputed, I'd like to classify some details behind this.
I input Fastboot flash boot twrp.img and reboot. will this write twrp images into boot partition, or will it write into recovery partition, or both? 

For Non-A/B partition phone, will it require servicing, or can be resumed somehow? The phone is Redmi Note 8 Pro
I tried to google but I cannot get any answer particularly for the answer. Can someone help?
This post was last modified: 23-12-2019, 05:02 AM by idog8818.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-12-2019, 10:40 AM
(22-12-2019, 11:30 PM)idog8818 Phone bricked because of wrong command inputed, I'd like to classify some details behind this.
I input Fastboot flash boot twrp.img and reboot. will this write twrp images into boot partition, or will it write into recovery partition, or both? 

For Non-A/B partition phone, will it require servicing, or can be resumed somehow? The phone is Redmi Note 8 Pro
I tried to google but I cannot get any answer particularly for the answer. Can someone help?

fastboot flash partition_name twrp.img
e.g fastboot flash boot twrp.img
this command writes twrp into boot partition (or whatever partition you specify)

fastboot boot twrp.img
this command boots the device using the twrp.img (without flashing)

regardless of A-only or A/B, when you use the "fastboot flash boot twrp.img" command,the phone will always power up straight into twrp cause you've overwritten the normal boot.img. to return back to homescreen you must flash back stock boot.img or magisk_patched boot. flashing could be done through fastboot, twrp flash image or any other means you know off
idog8818
idog8818
idog8818
23-12-2019, 10:57 PM
(23-12-2019, 10:40 AM)X3non
(22-12-2019, 11:30 PM)idog8818 Phone bricked because of wrong command inputed, I'd like to classify some details behind this.

fastboot flash partition_name twrp.img 
e.g fastboot flash boot twrp.img
this command writes twrp into boot partition (or whatever partition you specify)

fastboot boot twrp.img
this command boots the device using the twrp.img (without flashing)

regardless of A-only or A/B, when you use the "fastboot flash boot twrp.img" command,the phone will always power up straight into twrp cause you've overwritten the normal boot.img. to return back to homescreen you must flash back stock boot.img or magisk_patched boot. flashing could be done through fastboot, twrp flash image or any other means you know off
Thanks for your reply. The phone was hard bricked after fastboot flash boot twrp.img. I assume it tried to boot up to twrp but failed. No fastboot, no recovery, no vibration, Only EDL mode, I paid $29 for authorised service account. Here's my question
1. are recovery image and boot image compatible and can be swiped? Eg, can I fastboot flash boot StockRecovery.img?

I also had test, after I unbricked use SP tool, I tried fastboot flash recovery twrp.img will work, Same twrp image. How can this happen? If it works in recovery, why astboot flash boot twrp.img will cause hard brick? 
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-12-2019, 11:38 AM
(23-12-2019, 10:57 PM)idog8818 Thanks for your reply. The phone was hard bricked after fastboot flash boot twrp.img. I assume it tried to boot up to twrp but failed. No fastboot, no recovery, no vibration, Only EDL mode, I paid $29 for authorised service account. Here's my question
1. are recovery image and boot image compatible and can be swiped? Eg, can I fastboot flash boot StockRecovery.img?

I also had test, after I unbricked use SP tool, I tried fastboot flash recovery twrp.img will work, Same twrp image. How can this happen? If it works in recovery, why astboot flash boot twrp.img will cause hard brick? 

i don't think that was necessary, you should have disconnected / reconnect the battery then you should be able to boot into fastboot mode using (vol down + power button) then flash stock boot.img
1. yes, at least on the devices i've tested with but that't not to say that it will work for all devices as one can't be too sure what security features different OEMs place on their devices
if the same twrp worked when flashed to recovery partition but doesn't work when flashed to boot partition and you can confirm that this twrp works for specifically for the current miui OS version running on the device, then it can only mean that for this model you can't inter-flash boot / recovery
idog8818
idog8818
idog8818
03-01-2020, 02:07 AM

(24-12-2019, 11:38 AM)X3non
(23-12-2019, 10:57 PM)idog8818 Thanks for your reply. The phone was hard bricked after fastboot flash boot twrp.img. I assume it tried to boot up to twrp but failed. No fastboot, no recovery, no vibration, Only EDL mode, I paid $29 for authorised service account. Here's my question

i don't think that was necessary, you should have disconnected / reconnect the battery then you should be able to boot into fastboot mode using (vol down + power button) then flash stock boot.img
1. yes, at least on the devices i've tested with but that't not to say that it will work for all devices as one can't be too sure what security features different OEMs place on their devices
if the same twrp worked when flashed to recovery partition but doesn't work when flashed to boot partition and you can confirm that this twrp works for specifically for the current miui OS version running on the device, then it can only mean that for this model you can't inter-flash boot / recovery
Unfortunately  disconnected / reconnect the battery  are not working on Redmi note 8 pro if it's hard bricked. Xiaomi added barrier not long ago to require server verification before SP Flash can be started. Other phones may not need this and can flash successfully. I noticed some failed trails on  disconnected / reconnect the battery. 
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-01-2020, 10:57 AM
(03-01-2020, 02:07 AM)idog8818 Unfortunately disconnected / reconnect the battery  are not working on Redmi note 8 pro if it's hard bricked...

did you try this yourself or its info you got from the internet?

(03-01-2020, 02:07 AM)idog8818 Xiaomi added barrier not long ago to require server verification before SP Flash can be started. Other phones may not need this and can flash successfully. I noticed some failed trails on disconnected / reconnect the battery.

Yes, we're aware for this. the device requires an authorized ID in order to flash
if the battery method doesn't work for you, then you need to search for (both online and offline) someone with authorized id and pay for the service
Aniugchukwu
Aniugchukwu
Aniugchukwu
03-01-2020, 12:51 PM
Pm me for Mi account Unlock. Thanks.

Sent from my itel A15 using Tapatalk
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
03-01-2020, 08:58 PM
(03-01-2020, 12:51 PM)Aniugchukwu Pm me for Mi account Unlock. Thanks.

Sent from my itel A15 using Tapatalk

he doesn't need mi account unlock instead he needs authorized id for flashing firmware using sp flash tool