Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Firmware safe or not ???
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Firmware safe or not ???

Firmware safe or not ???

Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Experienced Member
31-12-2019, 02:44 PM

Sir I request you plz check this link:

Actually I posted a link here but then removed thinking that maybe I can't post external links here. Can i post that I want you to check .

Once I downloaded firmware from this link due to available v182 because after installing v166, four to five OTA's I have to install. And because my phone was rooted and security patch of November had arrived but failing to install even I had replaced the magisk boot to stock boot then I decided to flash V182 firmware and after flashing it was showing security patch to 5 sep. 2019 by seeing that I became happy that now I only have to install the latest OTA patch of November 5, 2019 . But a strange thing happend , I was waiting for OTA notification but notification didn't receive then I checked the system update in settings but it was repeatedly showing that I have the latest update but this didn't happen whenever I flashed the firmware below this version, then I waited for about half an hour but neither received update notification nor update in settings so I had to install v166 after which the OTA's were coming as soon as I connected to internet by installing one after other.
I want to ask, did I have to wait more or Is there anything wrong with this firmware.
This post was last modified: 01-01-2020, 07:34 AM by Bhupender890.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-01-2020, 01:01 AM
(31-12-2019, 02:44 PM)Bhupender890 Sir I request you plz check this link:

Actually I posted a link here but then removed thinking that maybe I can't post external links here. Can i post that I want you to check .

Once I downloaded firmware from this link due to available v182 because after installing v166, four to five OTA's I have to install. And because my phone was rooted and security patch of November had arrived but failing to install even I had replaced the magisk boot to stock boot then I decided to flash V182 firmware and after flashing it was showing security patch to 5 sep. 2019 by seeing that I became happy that now I only have to install the latest OTA patch of November 5, 2019 . But a strange thing happend , I was waiting for OTA notification but notification didn't receive then I checked the system update in settings but it was repeatedly showing that I have the latest update but this didn't happen whenever I flashed the firmware below this version, then I waited for about half an hour but neither received update notification nor update in settings so I had to install v166 after which the OTA's were coming as soon as I connected to internet by installing one after other.
I want to ask, did I have to wait more or Is there anything wrong with this firmware.

you don't need to wait, if the update hasn't come up yet then it won't
as for anything been wrong with the firmware, only the OEM can really answer that
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-01-2020, 03:45 PM
(31-12-2019, 02:44 PM)Bhupender890 Sir I request you plz check this link:

OTAs are sometimes region-specific. Flashing firmware ffrom different regions might or might not give you access to certain updates. Flash the v166 firmware then reinstall all available updates till you get to the latest

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Bhupender890
Experienced Member
04-01-2020, 03:59 PM
Thanks Sir.

Sent from my TECNO ID5a using Hovatek Mobile