Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Rom Dump
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Rom Dump

Rom Dump

rggr5
rggr5
rggr5
Techie Member
02-01-2020, 12:53 PM

As you already know I was trying to backup rom using sp+wwr , in that conversation Admin@x3non told me an easy approach to readback particular partitions and because I already had scatter file so I edited the option.ini file  and relaunched sp and did a readback of boot and got success and I am very thankful to x3non who made me aware of this method, because I already had scatter file but I was going for a time consuming method in the lack of knowledge. But now I have some questions listed below related to this rom dump :
1) After successful readback of boot , I have a new file in sp flash tool's folder named Rom_28 of size 32mb , is this the backed up boot file .
2) Can I make a full backup from this method and if I can back up full rom this way then what type of file I'll get after readback.
3) Do I have to rename the files which I'll back up separately.
4) Also when I relaunched SP after editing file then in readback tab all partitions were listed but at the bottom a file was also loaded which I think was blank, do I have to remain ticked this file for full backup or this is something wrong.
Lastly, if there is already a tutorial or post available for this rom dump then please provide me link, if not then I request you to please make a full video tutorial on this method because even though some of your videos are very long, but even a beginner can get complete information from them.
This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 01:05 PM by rggr5.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-01-2020, 09:38 AM
(02-01-2020, 12:53 PM)rggr5 As you already know I was trying to backup rom using sp+wwr , in that conversation Admin@x3non told me an easy approach to readback particular partitions and because I already had scatter file so I edited the option.ini file  and relaunched sp and did a readback of boot and got success and I am very thankful to x3non who made me aware of this method, because I already had scatter file but I was going for a time consuming method in the lack of knowledge. But now I have some questions listed below related to this rom dump :
1) After successful readback of boot , I have a new file in sp flash tool's folder named Rom_28 of size 32mb , is this the backed up boot file .
2) Can I make a full backup from this method and if I can back up full rom this way then what type of file I'll get after readback.
3) Do I have to rename the files which I'll back up separately.
4) Also when I relaunched SP after editing file then in readback tab all partitions were listed but at the bottom a file was also loaded which I think was blank, do I have to remain ticked this file for full backup or this is something wrong.
Lastly, if there is already a tutorial or post available for this rom dump then please provide me link, if not then I request you to please make a full video tutorial on this method because even though some of your videos are very long, but even a beginner can get complete information from them.

1. yes, you can rename the rom** to boot.img
2. yes, each file will be named in the same linear arrangement from top to bottom on the list, rom0 till rom**
3. yes, you will have to rename every single one. you can do this before or after the backup.
renaming before backup, when you click on the readback, you'll see everything is listed already, simply click on the first item, you'll get a new window to specify where you want to save the file and filename, you can change the filename at this point. Do the same for all the other items on the list
4. A screenshot of this would help but there should be no empty file seeing as sp flash tool gets the info needed for readback directly from the scatter file, only the partitions within the scatter file should get listed
rggr5
rggr5
rggr5
Techie Member
03-01-2020, 02:11 PM
I appreciate your way of answering the way my questions are, here is the screenshot and I have not ticked it. It comes like this already whenever I open readback tab after loading the scatter file.
Attached Files
.jpg
Capture.JPG
Size: 174.28 KB / Downloads: 7
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-01-2020, 08:30 PM
(03-01-2020, 02:11 PM)rggr5 I appreciate your way of answering the way my questions are, here is the screenshot and I have not ticked it. It comes like this already whenever I open readback tab after loading the scatter file.

that's an empty one, you can remove it or just don't tick
userdata is usually the last readable partition on most devices
BTW i hope the scatter file you're using is for your device model not just a random scatter for the same chipset type
rggr5
rggr5
rggr5
Techie Member
04-01-2020, 12:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. I just tried to reload the scatter file and the empty file didn't load, I don't know what it is but I just have to reload the scatter file then no any extra file loads automatically. My main purpose of this reply is to tell you that I have found a solution to this problem.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
04-01-2020, 10:25 PM
(04-01-2020, 12:03 PM)rggr5 Thanks for the reply. I just tried to reload the scatter file and the empty file didn't load, I don't know what it is but I just have to reload the scatter file then no any extra file loads automatically. My main purpose of this reply is to tell you that I have found a solution to this problem.

Share your solution to help others.
rggr5
rggr5
rggr5
Techie Member
05-01-2020, 02:09 AM
Actually this is the solution I mentioned above.