Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android ota firmware zte z820
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

ota firmware zte z820

ota firmware zte z820

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-01-2020, 11:41 AM

(31-01-2020, 01:30 AM)gonamec997 i forgot by now it seems i cant find the update file with this model for some reason in the root explorer. all this phone stuff is really pissing me off so much and stressing me out. i have two zte obsidian z820s i have successfully flashed with sp flash tool i cant even boot to fastboot and unlock the bootloader i really want twrp and magisk only way to root this one is with dr,fone root which uses supersu which modify system files.

you can try flashing magisk patched boot using sp flash tool and twrp too or flash twrp using rashr apk since you can get root already
gonamec997
gonamec997
gonamec997
01-02-2020, 12:02 AM
how to flash twrp? i was reading up on the patched boot for magisk. also will the settings remain active after reboot? thank you for the help. im thinking about re modifying my phones. after that i would like to find a good custom firmware. im not sure if twrp is supported for this device though however not totally sure as i havent been android modding in a few years. Thank You for your replies and help.
This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 12:02 AM by gonamec997.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-02-2020, 10:24 AM
(01-02-2020, 12:02 AM)gonamec997 how to flash twrp? i was reading up on the patched boot for magisk. also will the settings remain active after reboot? thank you for the help. im thinking about re modifying my phones. after that i would like to find a good custom firmware. im not sure if twrp is supported for this device though however not totally sure as i havent been android modding in a few years. Thank You for your replies and help.

if you are able to flash patched boot using sp flash tool, then you can also flash twrp using sp flash tool as well OR better still if you've gotten root access on your device then use rashr apk (download from playstore) to flash twrp

Not sure what settings you refer to in your second question
gonamec997
gonamec997
gonamec997
02-02-2020, 06:40 PM
what i meant to say is will the twrp and the magisk root remain after the phone reboots since the bootloader is locked. the only way to get this one unlocked i believe is through the company i bought it from. i tried using custom software to unlock the bootloader with no luck because it will not boot to fastboot or the bootloader even through recovery or with hardware keys options i tried as well. i will try to flash the twrp then. thank you for your help.
gonamec997
gonamec997
gonamec997
02-02-2020, 07:05 PM

since the bootloader is locked i dont think it is going to work. i tried flashing the twrp img 3.2.1 and after successfully flashing it says the device is locked from the phone company i bought it from. i think it is because the bootloader is locked
gonamec997
gonamec997
gonamec997
02-02-2020, 07:15 PM
ok so i restored the stock recovery for now since it is the stock recovery it unlocks the recovery for now. is there anything else i can try to get twrp. the device is rooted for now with supersu. it granted root permissions before the twrp img flash i selected. it flashed successfully even though since the bootloader is locked it detects it upon booting and locks from accessing recovery or the custom recovery until the stock recovery is restored. if there is anyway around this without an unlocked bootloader it would help a lot. so far i tried for a long time trying to unlock the bootloader and it seems almost impossible to do it myself. i tried adb commands and even phone tools and its a no go to unlock the bootloader. even though it can be rooted with dr.fone root/supersu. my goal is to get twrp and magisk installed for this device, however.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-02-2020, 09:03 AM
(02-02-2020, 07:15 PM)gonamec997 ok so i restored the stock recovery for now since it is the stock recovery it unlocks the recovery for now. is there anything else i can try to get twrp. the device is rooted for now with supersu. it granted root permissions before the twrp img flash i selected. it flashed successfully even though since the bootloader is locked it detects it upon booting and locks from accessing recovery or the custom recovery until the stock recovery is restored. if there is anyway around this without an unlocked bootloader it would help a lot. so far i tried for a long time trying to unlock the bootloader and it seems almost impossible to do it myself. i tried adb commands and even phone tools and its a no go to unlock the bootloader. even though it can be rooted with dr.fone root/supersu. my goal is to get twrp and magisk installed for this device, however.

is the root you get from dr fone root permanent? ie upon rebooting the device, does it still remain rooted?
how did you flash the twrp, using rashr? if yes, did you try to boot directly into recovery mode using rashr?
lastly, when your phone is locked due to flashing twrp, can you still boot the device into homescreen?
gonamec997
gonamec997
gonamec997
05-02-2020, 01:39 AM
yes the root is permanent using dr fone root and yes it remains after reboot. yes i can boot the phone after rashr even though the bootloader remains locked until i flash the stock boot loader. i will try to do it once more. if not this model cannot be modified any further than i have it now due to the locked bootloader. thank you for your reply.
gonamec997
gonamec997
gonamec997
05-02-2020, 01:50 AM
ok so i tried once again and tried to reboot with rashr after the supersu granted the phone permissions and flashed twrp.img file. well the stock bootloader says it has locked the bootloader because of unauhorized software. it lets me boot the phone just the bootloader remains locked until i reflash the stock bootloader i backed up before flashing. please let me know if there is any workaround or i should try to buy a different phone since this one i cannot get the stock bootloader unlocked and have been trying for months. i believe since the bootloader is locked there is no way to get custom recovery. please reply if you think i should give up trying to get custom firmware for this device. thanks
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-02-2020, 10:35 AM

(05-02-2020, 01:50 AM)gonamec997 ok so i tried once again and tried to reboot with rashr after the supersu granted the phone permissions and flashed twrp.img file. well the stock bootloader says it has locked the bootloader because of unauhorized software. it lets me boot the phone just the bootloader remains locked until i reflash the stock bootloader i backed up before flashing. please let me know if there is any workaround or i should try to buy a different phone since this one i cannot get the stock bootloader unlocked and have been trying for months. i believe since the bootloader is locked there is no way to get custom recovery. please reply if you think i should give up trying to get custom firmware for this device. thanks

unless you don't mind risking flashing twrp into boot partition then boot the device using only power key (note that once you're done, you must flash back boot.img back to boot partition in order to boot into homescreen), i believe you can quit now as you won't be able to get twrp using any other means
Pages (2): Previous 1 2