Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Looking forward to root my infinix s5 x652a 6gb ram + 128 gb
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Looking forward to root my infinix s5 x652a 6gb ram + 128 gb

Looking forward to root my infinix s5 x652a 6gb ram + 128 gb

transsiontestteam
transsiontestteam
transsiontestteam
Enthusiastic Member
16-01-2020, 09:02 AM

Is there any available stock room files or an guide to pull out my boot img from the stock running now?
Thanks in advance
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-01-2020, 01:33 PM
(16-01-2020, 09:02 AM)transsiontestteam Is there any available stock room files or an guide to pull out my boot img from the stock running now?
Thanks in advance

backup firmware using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html or miracle thunder @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html 
ensure to use DA file for your model when using sp flash tool or miracle thunder ; download DA @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23339.html

your device will most likely use system-as-root, so patching boot won't work. instead patch recovery and boot to magisk using the technique @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-gain...rk-go-kc1/
This post was last modified: 16-01-2020, 01:36 PM by X3non.
transsiontestteam
transsiontestteam
transsiontestteam
Enthusiastic Member
18-01-2020, 03:48 PM
thank you, now the phone is rooted and I have twrp working [using mtk twrp porter] for it except the internal storage is 0 when I flashed gsi havoc using fastboot I could see my internal storage working in twrp, I tried again to do it on stock-still 0, the crazy thing when I checked the fstab found it like in the method fix like the solution !! it does not force encrypt and it's encryptable so I don't know what to do :/ anything else in twrp is working fine! anyway, thanks in advance, also one question is your twrp treble supported?
This post was last modified: 18-01-2020, 03:53 PM by transsiontestteam.
racka98
racka98
racka98
Enthusiastic Member
18-01-2020, 09:38 PM
(18-01-2020, 03:48 PM)transsiontestteam thank you, now the phone is rooted and I have twrp working [using mtk twrp porter] for it except the internal storage is 0 when I flashed gsi havoc using fastboot I could see my internal storage working in twrp, I tried again to do it on stock-still 0, the crazy thing when I checked the fstab found it like in the method fix like the solution !! it does not force encrypt and it's encryptable so I don't know what to do :/ anything else in twrp is working fine! anyway, thanks in advance, also one question is your twrp treble supported?
I think you need  to patch the fstab in both vendor_a and vendor_b. If i'm not mistaken the device uses a/b partition scheme. Also did you need to disable verified boot when installing magsik, twrp and havoc?? And what are the bugs you are facing on havoc os 3? I want to flash the gsi to my phone. I will also make a twrp that supports both a and b partitions for system, boot and vendor when i get time
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-01-2020, 10:48 AM

(18-01-2020, 03:48 PM)transsiontestteam thank you, now the phone is rooted and I have twrp working [using mtk twrp porter] for it except the internal storage is 0 when I flashed gsi havoc using fastboot I could see my internal storage working in twrp, I tried again to do it on stock-still 0, the crazy thing when I checked the fstab found it like in the method fix like the solution !! it does not force encrypt and it's encryptable so I don't know what to do :/ anything else in twrp is working fine! anyway, thanks in advance, also one question is your twrp treble supported?

ensure that its encryptable on the current active slot ie either A or B or better still, modify fstab in both vendor slots as @racka98 suggested then format /data in twrp (don't forget to first boot into homescreen and copy out your files and other things you need before formatting /data)

if by treble support you mean flashing gsi roms, the twrp can but you will need to add the flashimg flag for /system partition

unpack the twrp using latest android image kitchen @XDA
edit the fstab file located within /ramdisk/etc/*.fstab
at the end of the /system line, add ;flashimg=1
remove the entire line for /system_image and /vendor_image (if they both exist)
repack twrp then you can flash gsi using the new twrp
This post was last modified: 20-01-2020, 10:53 AM by X3non.
transsiontestteam
transsiontestteam
transsiontestteam
Enthusiastic Member
06-02-2020, 12:12 PM
I actually fixed it without any of these methods but thank you for trying to help me, it's not that complicated, you need to remove any pin or security from your stock room before flashing the recover, flash the twrp then flash Disable-Force-Encryption-TWRP-flashable-zip-TREBLE.zip then reboot to recovery then flash orange_state_disabler_MTK Only.zip
Then reboot to recovery and wipe data or format data you will be fine also you can flash gsi with no edit they're working great any pie gsi working fine official or unofficial the only problem camera apps in all of them sucks so I found simple working gcam with her working for both front and back camera port version 5.1 something, some gsi required to flash gapps don't go with that you need a special gapps file I can make a full method if anyone interested, no Android 10 working one only did work it took 15 minutes to boot and no ril working wifi Bluetooth it was havoc 3.1 it would be nice if someone wants to do something but it's hard to get back original status as locked bootloader since we don't have yet full stock flashable I ended up with hard brick by flashing using my backup from miracle box because I locked the bootloader it went to to deep sleep mode that requires to let it power off by draining battery because no power button will make you exit it. Anyway I will give all files to hovatek team or I will do another forum about all that. Thanks hovatek

Disable-Force-Encryption-TWRP-flashable-zip-TREBLE.zip @ https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397887339
orange_state_disabler_MTK Only.zip @ http://www.mediafire.com/file/i06fdpf7h2...y.zip/file
This post was last modified: 10-02-2020, 12:24 AM by X3non. Edit Reason: added links for the necessary files for booting up twrp
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-02-2020, 11:00 PM
(06-02-2020, 12:12 PM)transsiontestteam I actually fixed it without any of these methods but thank you for trying to help me, it's not that complicated, you need to remove any pin or security from your stock room before flashing the recover, flash the twrp then flash Disable-Force-Encryption-TWRP-flashable-zip-TREBLE.zip then reboot to recovery then flash orange_state_disabler_MTK Only.zip
Then reboot to recovery and wipe data or format data you will be fine also you can flash gsi with no edit they're working great any pie gsi working fine official or unofficial the only problem camera apps in all of them sucks so I found simple working gcam with her working for both front and back camera port version 5.1 something, some gsi required to flash gapps don't go with that you need a special gapps file I can make a full method if anyone interested, no Android 10 working one only did work it took 15 minutes to boot and no ril working wifi Bluetooth it was havoc 3.1 it would be nice if someone wants to do something but it's hard to get back original status as locked bootloader since we don't have yet full stock flashable I ended up with hard brick by flashing using my backup from miracle box because I locked the bootloader it went to to deep sleep mode that requires to let it power off by draining battery because no power button will make you exit it. Anyway I will give all files to hovatek team or I will do another forum about all that. Thanks hovatek

right on time, you can write a guide on it in a new thread
David Godknows
David Godknows
David Godknows
Enthusiastic Member
17-02-2020, 10:46 PM
How did you successfully flash twrp
taher_420
taher_420
taher_420
10-06-2020, 08:52 AM
Can you share your working TWRP with us please.