Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] MTK DROID TOOLS CWM RECOVERY 5.5.0.4 PROBLEMS
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] MTK DROID TOOLS CWM RECOVERY 5.5.0.4 PROBLEMS

[Please help] MTK DROID TOOLS CWM RECOVERY 5.5.0.4 PROBLEMS

dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
08-05-2015, 11:29 PM

Hello Hovatek, I decided  to post this separately for proper attn. I installed  CWM RECOVERY thru MTK DROID  TOOLS awhile ago. Just recently I noticed  a problem with the backup and restore aspect  of it... I had backed up three different ROMS for future experiments..then I decided to restore one of them... and I got this error"md5 checksum mismatch " which I know means that there is an error  within the backup itself..... but it was created by the same recovery  that now is claiming  error... please I have lost those backups  but I want a solution  to this problem....I shud also say that during backups I get the error "sd-ext cannot be backed up"please cud this be the source of the error, if it isthen why does the md5 checksum error appear again when I try to flash just the system.img alone in advanced  restore.....Please is there a CWM RECOVERY 6  available  for TECNO M5 without bugs.... does it have any advantages over  CWM RECOVERY 5 apart from being touch enabled?
This post was last modified: 08-05-2015, 11:35 PM by dapo4friends.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-05-2015, 10:58 AM
(08-05-2015, 11:29 PM)dapo4friends Hello Hovatek, I decided  to post this separately for proper attn. I installed  CWM RECOVERY thru MTK DROID  TOOLS awhile ago. Just recently I noticed  a problem with the backup and restore aspect  of it... I had backed up three different ROMS for future experiments..then I decided to restore one of them... and I got this error"md5 checksum mismatch " which I know means that there is an error  within the backup itself..... but it was created by the same recovery  that now is claiming  error... please I have lost those backups  but I want a solution  to this problem....I shud also say that during backups I get the error "sd-ext cannot be backed up"please cud this be the source of the error, if it isthen why does the md5 checksum error appear again when I try to flash just the system.img alone in advanced  restore.....Please is there a CWM RECOVERY 6  available  for TECNO M5 without bugs.... does it have any advantages over  CWM RECOVERY 5 apart from being touch enabled?

the sd-ext4 error is nothing to worry about.
the md5 mismatch error happens with CWM backups from time to time . to resolve it, follow the guide @  https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-115.html

How exactly did you port the CWM 6 in question?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
10-05-2015, 12:12 AM
hovatekdapo4friendsHello Hovatek, I decided  to post this separately for proper attn. I installed  CWM RECOVERY thru MTK DROID  TOOLS awhile ago. Just recently I noticed  a problem with the backup and restore aspect  of it... I had backed up three different ROMS for future experiments..then I decided to restore one of them... and I got this error"md5 checksum mismatch " which I know means that there is an error  within the backup itself..... but it was created by the same recovery  that now is claiming  error... please I have lost those backups  but I want a solution  to this problem....I shud also say that during backups I get the error "sd-ext cannot be backed up"please cud this be the source of the error, if it isthen why does the md5 checksum error appear again when I try to flash just the system.img alone in advanced  restore.....Please is there a CWM RECOVERY 6  available  for TECNO M5 without bugs.... does it have any advantages over  CWM RECOVERY 5 apart from being touch enabled?the sd-ext4 error is nothing to worry about.the md5 mismatch error happens with CWM backups from time to time . to resolve it, follow the guide @  https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-115.html How exactly did you port the CWM 6 in question?

Hovatek... there is no md5 file in all my backups!!!!! what cud be wrong with my recovery ???
This post was last modified: 14-08-2016, 11:48 PM by hovatek.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-05-2015, 03:32 AM
(10-05-2015, 12:12 AM)dapo4friends Hovatek... there is no md5 file in all my backups!!!!!  what cud be wrong with my recovery ???

list the files in your CWM backup

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
10-05-2015, 10:37 AM

boot. img
 recovery.img
cache.ext4.tar
data. ext4.tar
sd-ext.ext2.tar
system.ext4.tar
And I haven't created a clockworkmod 6 recovery. I was just asking if it's available for Tecno M5and what it's advantages  are... 
This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 10:42 AM by dapo4friends.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-05-2015, 12:24 PM
(10-05-2015, 10:37 AM)dapo4friends boot. img
 recovery.img
cache.ext4.tar
data. ext4.tar
sd-ext.ext2.tar
system.ext4.tar
And I haven't created a clockworkmod 6 recovery. I was just asking if it's available for Tecno M5and what it's advantages  are... 

create an empty file named nandroid.md5 using notepad (NOT nandroid.md5.txt) then place this file among the other files then re-try restoring in cwm recovery

Note!