Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android miracle box not detecting ITEL it2160, it only shows charging...
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

miracle box not detecting ITEL it2160, it only shows charging...

miracle box not detecting ITEL it2160, it only shows charging...

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
07-03-2020, 09:46 AM

(06-03-2020, 08:24 PM)thabitu
(06-03-2020, 12:39 PM)X3non
(05-03-2020, 11:11 PM)thabitu hello, hovatekkers, i have itel it2160 with forgotten phone lock, i was try to read the code with miracle box but the phone keep showing charging, i tried same phone and it was detected, and i read the code with mtk option in miracle box, i thought it might be cloned, so tried rda option but yet not detecting, only shows charging.... pls help

i believe there are two variants of this device, one mtk and one spd. maybe device sold to different regions or maybe clone
did you try reading unlock using the spd tab?

YES I DID, BUT I DOUBT THAT SPD DRIVERS ARE NOT PROPERLY INSTALLED ON MY PC, PLS HOW CAN I PROPERLY INSTALL SPD DRIVER IN WINDOWS 7?

refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-827.html
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-03-2020, 09:57 AM
(06-03-2020, 08:24 PM)thabitu YES I DID, BUT I DOUBT THAT SPD DRIVERS ARE NOT PROPERLY INSTALLED ON MY PC, PLS HOW CAN I PROPERLY INSTALL SPD DRIVER IN WINDOWS 7?

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-827.html
BTW for spd, problem might not be your drivers but rather you holding the correct boot key
boot key for spd feature phones include right soft key, left soft key, center button, key 0, e.t.c you can also search online for boot key for your model or try other spd feature phone boot keys you might find online
and the chipset should be 6531
Dilone61
Dilone61
Dilone61
Experienced Member
13-06-2020, 03:22 AM
(05-03-2020, 11:11 PM)thabitu hello, hovatekkers, i have itel it2160 with forgotten phone lock, i was try to read the code with miracle box but the phone keep showing charging, i tried same phone and it was detected, and i read the code with mtk option in miracle box, i thought it might be cloned, so tried rda option but yet not detecting, only shows charging.... pls help

Hi, don't know if the post is already out of date, but I'll still post my response here, as someone will need it at one point or the other.
When I started flashing phones, Names like MTK and SPD used to throw me off guard. And as a result I used to make some glaring mistakes. Make no such mistakes now. The best and the easiest way to flash a phone is to know it's chipset well. To know whether your device is running on MTK, SPD, RDA ETC, Kindly download Platform detecter tool by infinity box, unzip it, Run it on your windows PC and connect your device to the PC via USB and it will detect your phone's chipset and display it on your screen. The file is at https://androidfirmhost.com/qesiv/
And, for Itel IT2160, the boot key is the key just above the call key. There are 2 variants of the phone, 1 runs on MTK and the other on SPD. PDT will surely tell you. Note! To successfully use PDT you must install ADB drivers, SPD drivers, MTK drivers on your PC.
And, for PDT to detect your phone well kindly switch off your phone before connecting it to the PC.
With me, since feature phones rarely hold much data, In cases of forgotten passwords, I recommend just resetting the user code or if it fails, just flashing a new firmware on it. But this is always the last result. The best thing is that for full flash SPD upgrade tool and SP flash tool always does the job, although people tend to believe that they are only for smart phones, I have successfully used them on feature phones too. In case of UART send error, kindly use miracle box.
This post was last modified: 13-06-2020, 03:45 AM by Dilone61.
thabitu
thabitu
thabitu
Techie Member
09-07-2020, 04:03 PM
(13-06-2020, 03:22 AM)Dilone61

Hi, don't know if the post is already out of date, but I'll still post my response here, as someone will need it at one point or the other.
When I started flashing phones, Names like MTK and SPD used to throw me off guard. And as a result I used to make some glaring mistakes. Make no such mistakes now. The best and the easiest way to flash a phone is to know it's chipset well. To know whether your device is running on MTK, SPD, RDA ETC, Kindly download Platform detecter tool by infinity box, unzip it, Run it on your windows PC and connect your device to the PC via USB and it will detect your phone's chipset and display it on your screen. The file is at https://androidfirmhost.com/qesiv/
And, for Itel IT2160, the boot key is the key just above the call key. There are 2 variants of the phone, 1 runs on MTK and the other on SPD. PDT will surely tell you. Note! To successfully use PDT you must install ADB drivers, SPD drivers, MTK drivers on your PC.
And, for PDT to detect your phone well kindly switch off your phone before connecting it to the PC.
With me, since feature phones rarely hold much data, In cases of forgotten passwords, I recommend just resetting the user code or if it fails, just flashing a new firmware on it. But this is always the last result. The best thing is that for full flash SPD upgrade tool and SP flash tool always does the job, although people tend to believe that they are only for smart phones, I have successfully used them on feature phones too. In case of UART send error, kindly use miracle box.
Very infomative.... thankss
Pages (2): Previous 1 2