Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android twrp for Tecno LB8a
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

twrp for Tecno LB8a

twrp for Tecno LB8a

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-05-2020, 10:49 AM

(09-05-2020, 06:32 PM)Lexycal The DM_Verity & Auto TWRP porter tool does not work for my device. It does not support Android version (9) pie. Kindly assist me. I want to flash Android version 10 into my device.

i hope you're using the latest version of the twrp porting tool and are you saying that the kernel version of your device is not on the list? if so, what's the kernel version of your device?
and you don't necessarily need twrp to flash android 10, if that's what you're really after. you have bootloader unlocked so you can flash custom images using fastboot
Lexycal
Lexycal
Lexycal
Techie Member
27-05-2020, 10:34 PM
Of recent through your help (Xnon).I have rooted my device Tecno pouvoir 3 plus. I was also able to unlock my phone bootloader. Later I flashed twrp 3.1.1.0 into the phone. I have downloaded custom ROMs but my entered bootloop almost three times. I bricked my phone last week and it took me 4 days to revive it.

Pls I need a guide on how to install GSI related and lineage 17 ROMs. I tried it on twrp after reading wide on it. I have downloaded 2 different version 10 roms but it was very difficult. Can you guide me on how to flash Android version 10 into my phone.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-05-2020, 11:02 AM
(27-05-2020, 10:34 PM)Lexycal ...
Pls I need a guide on how to install GSI related and lineage 17 ROMs. I tried it on twrp after reading wide on it. I have downloaded 2 different version 10 roms but it was very difficult. Can you guide me on how to flash Android version 10 into my phone.

flashing is done the same way for all gsi. disable dm_verity, flash the system image, factory reset then reboot
Code:

fastboot flash vbmeta empty_vbmeta.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

if flashing is sucessful and your phone doesn't boot then you need to do research yourself. you can start from the lineage os thread @xda
Lexycal
Lexycal
Lexycal
Techie Member
29-05-2020, 05:56 AM
Thank you so much bro. I have done all this but ended up bricking my phone. Please kindly guide me one step by step on how to achieve it. I downloaded lineage and one other rom for my device but flashing ended in bricking. Even, the gapps is very hard to flash. I am tired and this is the last step for me to upgrade my Tecno LB8a to Android 10. Pls kindly help me send ur WhatsApp number for more effective communication. Thank you X3non. You remain my oga and personal person.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-05-2020, 12:50 PM

(29-05-2020, 05:56 AM)Lexycal Thank you so much bro. I have done all this but ended up bricking my phone. ...

if so then the rom doesn't work for your phone. search for and try a different rom
Pages (2): Previous 1 2