Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Tutorial] How to tweak an IMEI

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 07:20 PM by hovatek. )

Disclaimer: Its considered illegal to tweak or change the IMEI of a device in some countries so ensure you're not breaking any laws.

See the video tutorial below or @ http://youtu.be/N5V5mGlVICA

Tweaking an IMEI isnt the same thing as changing the IMEI of a device.
In this brief guide, I'll be explaining how to tweak an IMEI so you can use it to get free data (megabytes) and other bonuses. 
First, you need a base IMEI (this is the part of the IMEI that's common to all devices that qualify for the promo)
An IMEI comprises  of 15 digits so when you get an eleven digit IMEI to tweak, you need to make it up to 15, and that's what this guide is about.
A tweaked IMEI consists of three parts
1. Base
2. Salt
3. Validating digit
If  for example, someone says "Tweak 86987800044" . That's just 11 digits so its considered as the Base.
You need to make it up to 14 digits by adding any three random digits. The three random digits you add are considered as the Salt. The 15th digit is the Validating digit. Its the digit that ensures that the newly created IMEI is a valid IMEI
Lets use the above Base as an example

Above, I have the 11 digit Base in green and the Salt  (three random digits I added to make it 14 digits in all) in blue. What is missing is the 15th digit which is the Validating digit.
To get this last digit, 
* Go to http://www.nobbi.com/imeicheck.php (or use IMEI Analyzer)
* Paste the 14 digits into the input box and click Check
* You should now have a valid 15 digit IMEI
In this example, I'll have:

Base is Green (Part thats' common to all devices that qualify)
Salt is Blue (Makes base up to 14 digits)
Validating digit is Red (Ensures we end up with a valid 15 digit IMEI)

You can then write the IMEI to the phone and send the Promo code to get the bonus.

Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
........just a button away.
Please which network is the tweaking still working on, so I can send the promo code to get data. The last network I tried on was Airtel and it failed saying I wasn't qualified for the offer.....
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2015, 09:26 AM by hovatek. )
(05-11-2015, 12:01 AM)Oasiz Wrote: ........just a button away.
Please which network is the tweaking still working on,  so I can send the promo code to get data. The last network I tried on was Airtel and it failed saying I wasn't qualified for the offer.....
the same method applies to all network's IMEI tweaks.
With the method, you stand a better chance of getting an IMEI that qualifies for the Promo so far you have the correct base  (imei to be tweaked). if you get the not qualified message then keep tweaking. you should get one IMEI that'll work after several trials
For now, cant say for sure which tweak is out there
Hmmm i have tried to get the validating number over and over again, but when I paste the 14 digit number into the box and check, nothing displays.
Does it require PC rather? #admin

Sent from my TECNO M3 using Hovatek mobile
(06-02-2015, 02:29 PM)Braa Emma Wrote: Hmmm i  have tried to get the validating number over and over again, but when I paste the 14 digit number into the box and check, nothing displays.
Does it require PC rather? #admin

No, works on mobile phone too. just paste the 14 digits then click the check button. you'll get the complete 15 digit IMEI on the page after it reloads

Pls can we Ghanaians too tweak the IMEI produced by our Nigerian pals?

(06-03-2015, 06:06 PM)Braa Emma Wrote: Pls can we Ghanaians too tweak the IMEI produced by our Nigerian pals?

dont think those'll work. you need to search for data promos for certain device purchases in your country.
the video explains the principle behind IMEI tweaking. you should see it
(06-03-2015, 09:28 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(06-03-2015, 06:06 PM)Braa Emma Wrote: Pls can we Ghanaians too tweak the IMEI produced by our Nigerian pals?

dont think those'll work. you need to search for data promos for certain device purchases in your country.
the video explains the principle behind IMEI tweaking. you should see it

Thank u!!!