Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Tutorial] How to find touchpad driver of a spreadtrum / unisoc android device
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to find touchpad driver of a spreadtrum / unisoc android device

[Tutorial] How to find touchpad driver of a spreadtrum / unisoc android device

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-03-2020, 04:19 PM

This is a quick guide that'll explain how to find the touch input driver of a unisoc (SPD) android device. This will come in handy if you're to attempt fixing no touch in TWRP recovery

UPDATE: An easier way to find touch driver is to install & launch Device Info HW @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...fohw&hl=en , the touchscreen driver will be displayed in the General tab

Requirements

I'm going to be referring to -dt, -dtb or -dtbo as dtb so regardless of what you get after unpacking recovery.img, it's all the same thing

Steps on how to find the touch input driver of a unisoc (SPD) android device

Follow the steps below to find the touch input driver of a unisoc (SPD) android device

See the video below or @ https://youtu.be/Cm7HVeL6v0w

1. Extract your stock recovery.img using AIK tool (drag and drop onto the unpackimg.bat). If you have dtb.img or dtbo.img from your firmware then skip this step

2. If successful, open the \splitimg folder and copy the file with -dtb name to your desktop

[Image: how-to-find-the-touch-input-driver-of-a-...vice-1.jpg]

3. Launch Hxd hex editor tool
  4. Drag and drop the dtb file onto hxd hex editor window

[Image: how-to-find-the-touch-input-driver-of-a-...vice-2.jpg]

5. Click Search > Find
    Code:

search for : D0 0D FE

6. Highlight everything before "D0 0D FE" up until the first item then right click and delete it

[Image: how-to-find-the-touch-input-driver-of-a-...vice-3.jpg]

7. Using a linux based PC, right click on the desktop, Open terminal
  8. In the terminal window, install device tree compiler using the commands below (requires internet)
    Code:

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install device-tree-compiler

9. Once installation is successful, change directory in terminal to the location of the dtb file (in my case, i'm using vmware so it's within mnt/hgfs/desktop )

[Image: how-to-find-the-touch-input-driver-of-a-...vice-4.jpg]

10. Type the command below
    Code:

dtc -I dtb -O dts -o recovery.dts teclast.dtbo
    where
    • recovery.dts is the name of the output file after conversion is successful
    • teclast.dtbo is your modified dtb file

11. Switch back to windows OS, Open the .dts file using any text editor such as Notepad++

[Image: how-to-find-the-touch-input-driver-of-a-...vice-5.jpg]

12. In notepad++, click search > find
    Code:

find what: focaltech

[Image: how-to-find-the-touch-input-driver-of-a-...vice-6.jpg]

13. Now focaltech is a driver very common in spreadtrum / unisoc devices, but you need to look closely at the items both on top and below focaltech's section

[Image: how-to-find-the-touch-input-driver-of-a-...vice-7.jpg]

14. You'll eventually find the touchpad driver for your device (in my case, it's just below focaltech and it's named gslx680)

[Image: how-to-find-the-touch-input-driver-of-a-...vice-8.jpg]

Important Notice
  • If you don't find anything driver related (including focaltech) in the dts, you got from decompiling dtc file found within splitimg, try dtb.img or dtbo.img from within your atock firmware

Quote:In this video tutorial, i'm going to be showing how you can find the touchpad driver on a spreadtrum android phone. Now the essence of this guide might come in handy if you're trying to look for the driver or if you're trying to fix no touch when you boot into twrp recovery
So for the sake of this guide, i'm going to be use the stock recovery for the teclast p80x model, so before we begin i'll need to unpack the recovery file.
To do this, i'm going to use android image kitchen. So to unpack, i'll simply drag and drop.
Now the file we need is under splitimg folder and it'll be named dtbo, so it'll either be named dtbo or dt or dtb whichever one you find, like in your stock firmware you might find dtb or dtbo but whichever one you find, just know that's the file you're looking for
So let me quickly drag this file here, now i no longer need this and i no longer need this
So the next thing we need to do is that we'll need to remove a certain header, so i'm going to use hxd tool.
Now i'll drag and drop, so the begin header for a dtb file should start from this hex, D0 0D FE
So i need to remove everything from here, i'll simply highlight everything and delete, so save.
As usual it'll create a backup for me, but this is the file i just saved now. So i'm going to rename it to teclast.dtbo
Yes
Now we'll need to boot into a linux PC, i'm using ubuntu for this
So in linux, you'll need to install DTC (device tree compiler)
To install this you can simply use these commands but to install you'll need to run sudo apt-get update to update the apt-get repo and sudo apt-get install device-tree-compiler to install the software we're going to use, it's a command line tool
Now we'll launch terminal, you can easily launch terminal by right clicking anywhere and launch terminal
So i need to find the location of the files, the dtbo file i just saved
okay it's on my desktop and i named it teclast.dtbo
so this is the file i need
so what i need to do is properties, i need to change directory
so first thing we'll do is cd paste desktop
so now i'm on this folder, now we'll issue the command dtc -I dtb -O
what this means is dtc which is the tool, input will be a dtb file, output will be a dts file, then output the name of the file we want and then the name of the image which is teclast.dtbo so teclast.dtbo then press enter
You'll get a lot of warnings and all what not but at the end you'll get a dts file, so this is the file we actually need
So let me quickly switch back to windows, i'm running vmware on my system so i'll quickly switch back to windows and this is the dts file on my desktop
So now i'm going to right click and edit with notepad++ , now using notepad++ to find a specific driver we'll just need to scroll down but what i'll normally do is Search, find, focaltech, find next
So this focaltech is a driver in itself and it seems very common with spreadtrum devices so i'm going to use the focaltech, just beside the focaltech you'll find a second driver
So in this case we can see a second driver name, this is the name of the driver for teclast p80x, but in your case you might find the driver above focaltech it's not compulsory that it'll be below focaltech but it might be just above focaltech
So that's it, this is the name of the driver i'm looking for
So this is how you find the name of your touchpad driver on a spreadtrum android phone
Okay, Thanks guys for watching and ensure to subscribe to get more videos
This post was last modified: 30-07-2020, 06:31 AM by hovatek.
theHOD
theHOD
theHOD
27-07-2020, 06:27 AM
hello Hovatek, thank you guys so much for the toturials . please i have an issue identifying my device touch driver since i cant find the "focaltest"
am using the itel A56 attach to this reply is my recovery.dts file thank you
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-07-2020, 09:50 AM
(27-07-2020, 06:27 AM)theHOD hello Hovatek, thank you guys so much for the toturials . please i have an issue identifying my device touch driver since i cant find the "focaltest"
am using the itel A56 attach to this reply is my recovery.dts file thank you

try the method indicated in UPDATE, at the beginning of the post
that should be far more easier
AtifKhan Bhatti
AtifKhan Bhatti
AtifKhan Bhatti
Enthusiastic Member
31-08-2020, 05:41 AM
I have SPD 7731C MM 6.0
I have ported Using SPD Porter tool now
Touch not working
I have tried to find Touch driver using apk in general tab it's Showing Focaltech_ts
Now how to find focaltech_ts.ko
To touch working
Using Hovatek Touch Fix Guide
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-08-2020, 03:12 PM

(31-08-2020, 05:41 AM)AtifKhan Bhatti I have SPD 7731C MM 6.0
I have ported Using SPD Porter tool now
Touch not working
I have tried to find Touch driver using apk in general tab it's Showing Focaltech_ts
Now how to find focaltech_ts.ko
To touch working
Using Hovatek Touch Fix Guide

already replied to @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-34044.html
falka
falka
falka
22-10-2020, 06:42 AM
Hello hovatek, I have a question about how to install the screen drivers, since the file of the drivers of my screen is not in hexadecimal, like the one of you who places as a guide, how would I do to convert my file to hexadecimal.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-10-2020, 11:25 AM
(22-10-2020, 06:42 AM)falka Hello hovatek, I have a question about how to install the screen drivers, since the file of the drivers of my screen is not in hexadecimal, like the one of you who places as a guide, how would I do to convert my file to hexadecimal.

not sure what you mean by this, opening a file using any hex editor software will give you the file in hex view
darkrai_24
darkrai_24
darkrai_24
22-01-2021, 01:47 AM
Hello, in the step 5 when i search D0 0D FE with hex editor he not found nothing, and if i go to next steps when i on the stepp to convert on linux the .dbo file to .dts i get a error that shows: error blob has incorrect magic number and i try the updated method but the app only show focaltesh_ts how i can do for fix the problem of touch on twrp
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-01-2021, 01:00 PM
(22-01-2021, 01:47 AM)darkrai_24 Hello, in the step 5 when i search D0 0D FE with hex editor he not found nothing, and if i go to next steps when i on the stepp to convert on linux the .dbo file to .dts i get a error that shows: error blob has incorrect magic number and i try the updated method but the app only show focaltesh_ts how i can do for fix the problem of touch on twrp

see the updated method in the first post
darkrai_24
darkrai_24
darkrai_24
22-01-2021, 01:44 PM

(22-01-2021, 01:00 PM)X3non
(22-01-2021, 01:47 AM)darkrai_24 Hello, in the step 5 when i search D0 0D FE with hex editor he not found nothing, and if i go to next steps when i on the stepp to convert on linux the .dbo file to .dts i get a error that shows: error blob has incorrect magic number and i try the updated method but the app only show focaltesh_ts how i can do for fix the problem of touch on twrp

see the updated method in the first post

Yes i try the updated method but the app on the touchscreen driver show: focaltesh_ts, this is my driver?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next