Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android All infinix s5 users with GSI rom installed and Admins, help please
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

All infinix s5 users with GSI rom installed and Admins, help please

All infinix s5 users with GSI rom installed and Admins, help please

Emmysky
Emmysky
Emmysky
Enthusiastic Member
31-03-2020, 04:23 PM

I bought an infinix s5 last year and i observed some issues  with it
1) The gyroscope has a delay in it. After i move the phone, it takes a split second before the gyro responds and affects my gaming
2) i can't use more than 2 fingers on my screen at a time. When i try, it causes frameskip on the screen 

My question is if flashing a new GSI rom will help with the screen (and possibly gyro) issue(s) or it's a hardware fault? Also those that are using s5 with a gsi rom, please do you still encounter this issue? Pls help me try it out on your device
This post was last modified: 31-03-2020, 04:24 PM by Emmysky.
Emmysky
Emmysky
Emmysky
Enthusiastic Member
31-03-2020, 05:33 PM
I bought an infinix s5 last year and i observed some issues  with it
1) The gyroscope has a delay in it. After i move the phone, it takes a split second before the gyro responds and affects my gaming
2) i can't use more than 2 fingers on my screen at a time. When i try, it causes frameskip on the screen 

My question is if flashing a new GSI rom will help with the screen (and possibly gyro) issue(s) or it's a hardware fault? Also those that are using s5 with a gsi rom, please do you still encounter this issue? Pls help me try it out on your device @X3non
This post was last modified: 31-03-2020, 05:34 PM by Emmysky.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-03-2020, 08:12 PM
(31-03-2020, 04:23 PM)Emmysky I bought an infinix s5 last year and i observed some issues  with it

My question is if flashing a new GSI rom will help with the screen (and possibly gyro) issue(s) or it's a hardware fault? Also those that are using s5 with a gsi rom, please do you still encounter this issue? Pls help me try it out on your device

did you buy the phone as a new phone?
did both these problems start after you bought the phone or the phone had the problems from the very onset?
have you tried flashing stock firmware?
Emmysky
Emmysky
Emmysky
Enthusiastic Member
31-03-2020, 10:55 PM
(31-03-2020, 08:12 PM)X3non
(31-03-2020, 04:23 PM)Emmysky I bought an infinix s5 last year and i observed some issues  with it

did you buy the phone as a new phone?
did both these problems start after you bought the phone or the phone had the problems from the very onset?
have you tried flashing stock firmware?
Yes to all the questions. I noticed it the very first day i bought it. I also experienced it on a friend of mine who bought the same phone. His own had same issues. I'm thinking if it's a rom issue maybe a custom rom can help? I just want my multi-touch to work, the gyro if not fixable is no biggie.
This post was last modified: 31-03-2020, 10:57 PM by Emmysky.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-04-2020, 10:22 AM

(31-03-2020, 10:55 PM)Emmysky Yes to all the questions. I noticed it the very first day i bought it. I also experienced it on a friend of mine who bought the same phone. His own had same issues. I'm thinking if it's a rom issue maybe a custom rom can help? I just want my multi-touch to work, the gyro if not fixable is no biggie.

check if your friend's phone has the same build number as yours, if its the same, you might want to check for updates (if there's any available, read the changelogs to find out if any of the known bugs will be fixed by the update) or try flashing a lower firmware build

oh and btw, i do not have an infinix s5 device and yes while a custom rom might help, you should know they don't all come without their problems, you'll need to try as many as you can to find if any works on your device perfectly (that is without the bugs you can't live with)
Emmysky
Emmysky
Emmysky
Enthusiastic Member
07-04-2020, 10:33 AM
(01-04-2020, 10:22 AM)X3non
(31-03-2020, 10:55 PM)Emmysky Yes to all the questions. I noticed it the very first day i bought it. I also experienced it on a friend of mine who bought the same phone. His own had same issues. I'm thinking if it's a rom issue maybe a custom rom can help? I just want my multi-touch to work, the gyro if not fixable is no biggie.

check if your friend's phone has the same build number as yours, if its the same, you might want to check for updates (if there's any available, read the changelogs to find out if any of the known bugs will be fixed by the update) or try flashing a lower firmware build

oh and btw, i do not have an infinix s5 device and yes while a custom rom might help, you should know they don't all come without their problems, you'll need to try as many as you can to find if any works on your device perfectly (that is without the bugs you can't live with)
Thanks tho. But pls can you give me a full guide to root the device? Wanna check something in the root folder. I tried patching the boot.img with magisk and replace but after flashing, my device got stuck in a bootloop with an error on the infinix logo screen saying something like "Red State" that i should flash the original boot image or disable verified boot. Please help
And again, If u have any recommendations on how to get that "Sensor Hub Test" option in the attachment clickable, It'd be much appreciated. Thanks
This post was last modified: 07-04-2020, 11:00 AM by Emmysky.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20200407-105351.png
Size: 41.63 KB / Downloads: 6
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-04-2020, 03:57 PM
(07-04-2020, 10:33 AM)Emmysky Thanks tho. But pls can you give me a full guide to root the device? Wanna check something in the root folder. I tried patching the boot.img with magisk and replace but after flashing, my device got stuck in a bootloop with an error on the infinix logo screen saying something like "Red State" that i should flash the original boot image or disable verified boot. Please help
And again, If u have any recommendations on how to get that "Sensor Hub Test" option in the attachment clickable, It'd be much appreciated. Thanks

you've deviated from the original discussion of the thread
fix your device by flashing back stock boot
to root, unlock bootloader of your device > disable dm_verity by flashing empty vbmeta @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32719.html > patch boot using the latest magisk manager version
if it doesn't work for you then patch recovery.img instead; same technique as explained @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-gain...rk-go-kc1/
if you still have any problems then create a different thread for rooting

items you find disabled in engineering mode don't apply to your device, as far as i know they can't be enabled
Emmysky
Emmysky
Emmysky
Enthusiastic Member
07-04-2020, 07:44 PM
Thank you Xenon and i apologise for deviating, My bad. I'll try n give feedback. Thank you