Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TECNO C8 Stuck in TWRP Boot, NEED file to flash through TWRP
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

TECNO C8 Stuck in TWRP Boot, NEED file to flash through TWRP

TECNO C8 Stuck in TWRP Boot, NEED file to flash through TWRP

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
wifi123
wifi123
wifi123
Enthusiastic Member
13-04-2020, 01:57 PM

I did so, SPFT could finish the task. The phone still does not boot.

I copied scatter file from SP ROM to the miraclebox firmware. There is a difference in number of files in both folders. I renamed all *.bin files in new folder to match SP ROM. MB firmware has much more bin files. So, I left them as is. Also, SP ROM has a different preloader (preloader_h352_a1.bin). Flashing with this preloader failed. So, I edited scatter file to use "preloader.bin" of MB firmware.

I am running out of ideas. Should I choose "download only" as the option? Should I choose every file to be downloaded/flashed?
preloader
lk
boot
recovery
logo
secro
tee1
tee2
system
cache
userdata
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-04-2020, 09:04 PM
(13-04-2020, 01:57 PM)wifi123 I did so, SPFT could finish the task. The phone still does not boot.

you don't need to interfere with preloader as your device is still able to power on
i'll take it that the files mentioned below are the ones you were able to flash?
Code:

lk
boot
recovery
logo
secro
tee1
tee2
system
cache
userdata

if yes, did you perform a factory reset in recovery mode (vol up + power button) after flashing? or emmc wipe in factory mode (vol down + power button)?
wifi123
wifi123
wifi123
Enthusiastic Member
14-04-2020, 01:23 PM
That's correct. I flashed all those files. Some of them do not exist in the SPFT files though. E.g. tee1 and tee2.

Anyhow, I did a emmc wipe. nothing changed.

The weird thing is I was never able to get into factory reset mode (vol up and reset). I tried again to no avail, phone boots as normal and shows dead android robot. I tried different combinations with the camera button (C8 has 2 volume buttons, power and camera button). no luck.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-04-2020, 06:39 PM
(14-04-2020, 01:23 PM)wifi123 That's correct. I flashed all those files. Some of them do not exist in the SPFT files though. E.g. tee1 and tee2.

are you saying you skipped some files? if yes, which files did you skip from flashing?
you are meant to use the scatter file from the sp flash tool compatible firmware to flash the files from the miracle box firmware not flash the spft files
open the scatter file using a text editor such as notepad++, you'll find that both tee1&2 files are meants to go to tee1&2 partitions respectively

(14-04-2020, 01:23 PM)wifi123 Anyhow, I did a emmc wipe. nothing changed.

The weird thing is I was never able to get into factory reset mode (vol up and reset). I tried again to no avail, phone boots as normal and shows dead android robot. I tried different combinations with the camera button (C8 has 2 volume buttons, power and camera button). no luck.

on the android on its back screen, try power button + vol up to proceed to main recovery screen
this is after you can confirm that you've flashed the miracle box firmware files successfully
wifi123
wifi123
wifi123
Enthusiastic Member
16-04-2020, 09:31 AM

No, I didn't skip any files. I looked at all the files present in "working SPFT file". Then I copied the scatter file from this into Miracle box dump. Then, I renamed all the files to match what was present in "working SPFT file". After doing this, I realized Miracle box dump has more files (e.g. Tee1 and tee2) that are not present in the "working SPFT file". I wasn't sure what to do with that. Should I leave them as is, or should I change scatter file to use those?

I also tried vol up and power several times to no avail. Dead android comes and nothing happens there.

Will it work if I install TWRP and perform a factory reset there?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-04-2020, 08:14 PM
(16-04-2020, 09:31 AM)wifi123 No, I didn't skip any files. I looked at all the files present in "working SPFT file". Then I copied the scatter file from this into Miracle box dump. Then, I renamed all the files to match what was present in "working SPFT file". After doing this, I realized Miracle box dump has more files (e.g. Tee1 and tee2) that are not present in the "working SPFT file". I wasn't sure what to do with that. Should I leave them as is, or should I change scatter file to use those?

I also tried vol up and power several times to no avail. Dead android comes and nothing happens there.

Will it work if I install TWRP and perform a factory reset there?

yes, rename the extra files and include them when flashing. that's what i meant when i mentioned
open the scatter file using a text editor such as notepad++, you'll find that both tee1&2 files are meants to go to tee1&2 partitions respectively
do the same for all the extra files you find then flash

on the android lying on its back screen, you're meant to use power button + vol up (not the other way around)

using twrp for factory reset is not a good idea when you're still trying to figure out how to unbrick, unless you've used the same twrp on this same device in the past to perform a factory reset and everything turned out okay
Pages (2): Previous 1 2