Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android no camera or fingerprint reader after rooting blu g9 pro
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

no camera or fingerprint reader after rooting blu g9 pro

no camera or fingerprint reader after rooting blu g9 pro

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
16-04-2020, 08:48 PM

(16-04-2020, 12:24 PM)pythonenthusiast
(16-04-2020, 11:48 AM)X3non
(15-04-2020, 10:38 PM)pythonenthusiast I'm flashing the files for the correct build. I recut them just to make sure. Flashing the patched magisk recovery file allows me to flash the original boot img and rom, which i can't do with the patched boot img from magisk. But whenever I flash the vendor img, it causes a boot loop.

did you factory reset after flashing the vendor.img?
can your phone boot to homescreen without flashing the vendor.img?
I haven't factory reset yet but I'll try that. And yes, it can boot to home screen without flashing the vendor img. That seems to be the only img that's giving me problems with flashing it right now, 'cause i can flash most everything else and the phone boots to home screen. But I apparently need the vendor img for the camera to work because it has hardware files.
Doing a factory reset after flashing the vendor img still causes a bootloop. Is there a way to sign img files so that dm verity doesn't disable them. Maybe I'll just have to hope that a version of magisk which doesn't disable the camera comes around and use it to flash a boot img that won't cause a bootloop.
This post was last modified: 16-04-2020, 11:28 PM by pythonenthusiast.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-04-2020, 01:40 PM
(16-04-2020, 08:48 PM)pythonenthusiast Doing a factory reset after flashing the vendor img still causes a bootloop. Is there a way to sign img files so that dm verity doesn't disable them. Maybe I'll just have to hope that a version of magisk which doesn't disable the camera comes around and use it to flash a boot img that won't cause a bootloop.

for dm_verity you should see the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32719.html
if your device has a vbmeta partition then you should try method 3 (i.e flashing empty vbmeta then flashing the stock boot) otherwise try method 1 (i.e manually patching boot then flashing the patched boot)
This post was last modified: 17-04-2020, 01:44 PM by X3non.
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
13-05-2020, 08:25 PM
(17-04-2020, 01:40 PM)X3non
(16-04-2020, 08:48 PM)pythonenthusiast Doing a factory reset after flashing the vendor img still causes a bootloop. Is there a way to sign img files so that dm verity doesn't disable them. Maybe I'll just have to hope that a version of magisk which doesn't disable the camera comes around and use it to flash a boot img that won't cause a bootloop.

for dm_verity you should see the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32719.html
if your device has a vbmeta partition then you should try method 3 (i.e flashing empty vbmeta then flashing the stock boot) otherwise try method 1 (i.e manually patching boot then flashing the patched boot)
It's been a while. The issue is still there. I was thinking of trying to see why magisk disables the camera by analysing the way it works when it patches the boot img and then seeing what in that process is causing the issue. Do you know of any tools i could use to do this or have a general idea about how i would do something like that. Thank you.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-05-2020, 06:08 PM
(13-05-2020, 08:25 PM)pythonenthusiast It's been a while. The issue is still there. I was thinking of trying to see why magisk disables the camera by analysing the way it works when it patches the boot img and then seeing what in that process is causing the issue. Do you know of any tools i could use to do this or have a general idea about how i would do something like that. Thank you.

what's the current issue? phone still in bootloop OR camera & fingerprint not working?
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
16-05-2020, 05:29 PM

(14-05-2020, 06:08 PM)X3non
(13-05-2020, 08:25 PM)pythonenthusiast It's been a while. The issue is still there. I was thinking of trying to see why magisk disables the camera by analysing the way it works when it patches the boot img and then seeing what in that process is causing the issue. Do you know of any tools i could use to do this or have a general idea about how i would do something like that. Thank you.

what's the current issue? phone still in bootloop OR camera & fingerprint not working?
sorry for the delay in responding. the camera and fingerprint sensor don't work
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-05-2020, 09:11 AM
(16-05-2020, 05:29 PM)pythonenthusiast sorry for the delay in responding. the camera and fingerprint sensor don't work

flash the entire files from this rom dump @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-330...#pid190932
only flash the rom without making any modifications (no disabling dm_verity or trying to root) then perform a factory and check both the fingerprint and camera
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
15-06-2020, 04:17 AM
(18-05-2020, 09:11 AM)X3non
(16-05-2020, 05:29 PM)pythonenthusiast sorry for the delay in responding. the camera and fingerprint sensor don't work

flash the entire files from this rom dump @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-330...#pid190932
only flash the rom without making any modifications (no disabling dm_verity or trying to root) then perform a factory and check both the fingerprint and camera
I'm just posting this for reference in case anyone ever runs into the same issue that I did. I finally managed to find and flash the g0231ww rom from needrom and just restored the phone to factory settings. The fingerprint scanner and camera work just fine now. Magisk is still incompatible with both of them though.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3