Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android no camera or fingerprint reader after rooting blu g9 pro
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

no camera or fingerprint reader after rooting blu g9 pro

no camera or fingerprint reader after rooting blu g9 pro

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-04-2020, 04:45 PM

(14-04-2020, 11:08 AM)pythonenthusiast I had to do format all+download because sp flash toll said that the rom had changed. And i flash all of the .img files. Should i flash the .bin ones as well

due to format all + download, i'll suggest that you recut the rom dump you made using wwr (this time, tick and cut all the partitions. they'll be much more than what you currently have now)
when flashing with fastboot, flash back everything including the bin files (filenames usually are not the same as partition name so ensure to check the scatter file for partition names) but don't flash preloader and seccfg partitions.

the fastboot flashing usage command is
fastboot flash partition_name filename
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
14-04-2020, 06:58 PM
(14-04-2020, 04:45 PM)X3non
(14-04-2020, 11:08 AM)pythonenthusiast I had to do format all+download because sp flash toll said that the rom had changed. And i flash all of the .img files. Should i flash the .bin ones as well

due to format all + download, i'll suggest that you recut the rom dump you made using wwr (this time, tick and cut all the partitions. they'll be much more than what you currently have now)
when flashing with fastboot, flash back everything including the bin files (filenames usually are not the same as partition name so ensure to check the scatter file for partition names) but don't flash preloader and seccfg partitions.

I tried that but still get the same error. This is the new rom dump https://imgur.com/tzGw4ii. djj anhttps://imgur.com/4o6kO4Jd   its 116gb instead of the ususal 3
This post was last modified: 14-04-2020, 08:45 PM by pythonenthusiast.
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
14-04-2020, 09:46 PM
(14-04-2020, 04:45 PM)X3non

There's been a bit of progress. I finally managed to flash the original rom. I managed to disable dm verity using magisk and flashed the rom. I still get the same error about dm verity if i try to flash the stock rom with sp flash tool so i use adb. I flashed the .bin files to the system partition but that caused a bootloop and i had to redo everything to get dm verity disabled again. I'm not sure what partition those files go to or if flashing them might reenable dm verity. I flashed all of the other img files excluding the spmfw. But still, the camera and fingeprint sensor don't work.
This post was last modified: 15-04-2020, 01:55 AM by pythonenthusiast.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-04-2020, 09:58 AM
(14-04-2020, 09:46 PM)pythonenthusiast There's been a bit of progress. I finally managed to flash the original rom. I managed to disable dm verity using magisk and flashed the rom. I still get the same error about dm verity if i try to flash the stock rom with sp flash tool so i use adb. I flashed the .bin files to the system partition but that caused a bootloop and i had to redo everything to get dm verity disabled again. I'm not sure what partition those files go to or if flashing them might reenable dm verity. I flashed all of the other img files excluding the spmfw. But still, the camera and fingeprint sensor don't work.

open the scatter file using notepad, you'll find the partition name for all the files you have present in the backup
flash every single one to their various partitions only excluding preloader
also flash stock boot instead of magisk boot
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
15-04-2020, 01:54 PM

(15-04-2020, 09:58 AM)X3non
(14-04-2020, 09:46 PM)pythonenthusiast There's been a bit of progress. I finally managed to flash the original rom. I managed to disable dm verity using magisk and flashed the rom. I still get the same error about dm verity if i try to flash the stock rom with sp flash tool so i use adb. I flashed the .bin files to the system partition but that caused a bootloop and i had to redo everything to get dm verity disabled again. I'm not sure what partition those files go to or if flashing them might reenable dm verity. I flashed all of the other img files excluding the spmfw. But still, the camera and fingeprint sensor don't work.

open the scatter file using notepad, you'll find the partition name for all the files you have present in the backup
flash every single one to their various partitions only excluding preloader
also flash stock boot instead of magisk boot
I reflashed all of the correct files, but flashing the original boot img causes a bootloop. The magisk boot image seems to be the cause of the issues. It is incompatible with the camera and fingerprint sensor for whatever reason. I have two of the same phones and when i flashed it on the unrooted one i got the same issue. I reflashed the original boot img and the issue went away for that phone.

How do i flash the original boot img on my other phone that has the camera issues without causing a bootloop. I think a part of the reason I'm getting the bootloop issue is because flashing the original boot img re-enables dm verity, and none of the firmware files I have are verified. When dm-verity recognises a stock rom that isn't verified by the manufacterer, it causes a bootloop. So, do you think that there's any way around this.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-04-2020, 06:38 PM
(15-04-2020, 01:54 PM)pythonenthusiast I reflashed all of the correct files, but flashing the original boot img causes a bootloop. The magisk boot image seems to be the cause of the issues. It is incompatible with the camera and fingerprint sensor for whatever reason. I have two of the same phones and when i flashed it on the unrooted one i got the same issue. I reflashed the original boot img and the issue went away for that phone.

How do i flash the original boot img on my other phone that has the camera issues without causing a bootloop. I think a part of the reason I'm getting the bootloop issue is because flashing the original boot img re-enables dm verity, and none of the firmware files I have are verified. When dm-verity recognises a stock rom that isn't verified by the manufacterer, it causes a bootloop. So, do you think that there's any way around this.

had a feeling magisk might have been the cause of the issue which is why i advised to flash stock boot, about your stock boot bootlooping the device, check and ensure that you're flashing the right boot for the current firmware build you flashed. if it's possible re-cut the entire firmware backup again

for rooting this device, patch recovery.img instead of boot and use the same technique as explained @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-gain...rk-go-kc1/
This post was last modified: 15-04-2020, 06:38 PM by X3non.
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
15-04-2020, 10:38 PM
(15-04-2020, 06:38 PM)X3non
(15-04-2020, 01:54 PM)pythonenthusiast I reflashed all of the correct files, but flashing the original boot img causes a bootloop. The magisk boot image seems to be the cause of the issues. It is incompatible with the camera and fingerprint sensor for whatever reason. I have two of the same phones and when i flashed it on the unrooted one i got the same issue. I reflashed the original boot img and the issue went away for that phone.

had a feeling magisk might have been the cause of the issue which is why i advised to flash stock boot, about your stock boot bootlooping the device, check and ensure that you're flashing the right boot for the current firmware build you flashed. if it's possible re-cut the entire firmware backup again

for rooting this device, patch recovery.img instead of boot and use the same technique as explained @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-gain...rk-go-kc1/
I'm flashing the files for the correct build. I recut them just to make sure. Flashing the patched magisk recovery file allows me to flash the original boot img and rom, which i can't do with the patched boot img from magisk. But whenever I flash the vendor img, it causes a boot loop.
This post was last modified: 15-04-2020, 10:57 PM by pythonenthusiast.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-04-2020, 11:48 AM
(15-04-2020, 10:38 PM)pythonenthusiast I'm flashing the files for the correct build. I recut them just to make sure. Flashing the patched magisk recovery file allows me to flash the original boot img and rom, which i can't do with the patched boot img from magisk. But whenever I flash the vendor img, it causes a boot loop.

did you factory reset after flashing the vendor.img?
can your phone boot to homescreen without flashing the vendor.img?
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
pythonenthusiast
16-04-2020, 12:24 PM
(16-04-2020, 11:48 AM)X3non
(15-04-2020, 10:38 PM)pythonenthusiast I'm flashing the files for the correct build. I recut them just to make sure. Flashing the patched magisk recovery file allows me to flash the original boot img and rom, which i can't do with the patched boot img from magisk. But whenever I flash the vendor img, it causes a boot loop.

did you factory reset after flashing the vendor.img?
can your phone boot to homescreen without flashing the vendor.img?
I haven't factory reset yet but I'll try that. And yes, it can boot to home screen without flashing the vendor img. That seems to be the only img that's giving me problems with flashing it right now, 'cause i can flash most everything else and the phone boots to home screen. But I apparently need the vendor img for the camera to work because it has hardware files.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-04-2020, 08:23 PM

(16-04-2020, 12:24 PM)pythonenthusiast I haven't factory reset yet but I'll try that. And yes, it can boot to home screen without flashing the vendor img. That seems to be the only img that's giving me problems with flashing it right now, 'cause i can flash most everything else and the phone boots to home screen. But I apparently need the vendor img for the camera to work because it has hardware files.

try the vendor image along with a factory reset
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next