Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno Spark 3 KB7j dead with no button functionality but LED light
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno Spark 3 KB7j dead with no button functionality but LED light

Tecno Spark 3 KB7j dead with no button functionality but LED light

odidahenry
odidahenry
odidahenry
12-04-2020, 08:17 AM

Hello, i have a bricked tecno in my hands that i want to bring up so bad. I tried rooting the phone using this method here unofficialtwrp website but seemed not to work. So out of impatience, instead of running in ADB 'fastboot boot Magisk_patched.img', i did 'fastboot flash boot Magisk_patched.img' seemingly flashed a bad boot image and the phone went silent. I have tried every single guideline on here using SP flashtool and the software download tool to no avail. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
This post was last modified: 13-04-2020, 12:58 AM by X3non.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-04-2020, 09:13 AM
(12-04-2020, 08:17 AM)odidahenry Hello, i have a bricked tecno in my hands that i want to bring up so bad. I tried rooting the phone using this method here unofficialtwrp website but seemed not to work. So out of impatience, instead of running in ADB 'fastboot boot Magisk_patched.img', i did 'fastboot flash boot Magisk_patched.img' seemingly flashed a bad boot image and the phone went silent. I have tried every single guideline on here using SP flashtool and the software download tool to no avail. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

is that the only command you sent?
what's the present state of your device? totally dead or stuck at bootlogo
do you remember the original build number of your device?
lastly what error do you get when you try to use software download tool? attach a screenshot if possible
odidahenry
odidahenry
odidahenry
13-04-2020, 08:35 PM
(13-04-2020, 09:13 AM)X3non
(12-04-2020, 08:17 AM)odidahenry Hello, i have a bricked tecno in my hands that i want to bring up so bad. I tried rooting the phone using this method here unofficialtwrp website but seemed not to work. So out of impatience, instead of running in ADB 'fastboot boot Magisk_patched.img', i did 'fastboot flash boot Magisk_patched.img' seemingly flashed a bad boot image and the phone went silent. I have tried every single guideline on here using SP flashtool and the software download tool to no avail. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

is that the only command you sent?
what's the present state of your device? totally dead or stuck at bootlogo
do you remember the original build number of your device?
lastly what error do you get when you try to use software download tool? attach a screenshot if possible
Thats the only command i sent then it went cold. Currently, it cant power on but shows the white LED when plugged in to power socket or when connected to the PC. The PC detects it but all flashing procedures show no progress or gives the errors as follows. Unfortunately i cant provide the screenshots as am away from my PC to run the flash procedures.

s_brom_cmd_startcmd_fail (0xc0060001)  sometimes, status brom cmd send da fail 0xc0060003 and at one point it gave me S_CHIP_TYPE_NOT_MATCH
This post was last modified: 13-04-2020, 08:37 PM by odidahenry.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-04-2020, 10:05 AM
(13-04-2020, 08:35 PM)odidahenry Thats the only command i sent then it went cold. Currently, it cant power on but shows the white LED when plugged in to power socket or when connected to the PC. The PC detects it but all flashing procedures show no progress or gives the errors as follows. Unfortunately i cant provide the screenshots as am away from my PC to run the flash procedures.

s_brom_cmd_startcmd_fail (0xc0060001)  sometimes, status brom cmd send da fail 0xc0060003 and at one point it gave me S_CHIP_TYPE_NOT_MATCH

disasemble the back cover, disconnect / reconnect the battery clip of the device then confirm if the device can at least power on to bootlogo
then retry flashing using the latest version of software download tool and if you get an error message, attach a screenshot of SWD tool along with the error message
odidahenry
odidahenry
odidahenry
14-04-2020, 06:54 PM

(14-04-2020, 10:05 AM)X3non
(13-04-2020, 08:35 PM)odidahenry Thats the only command i sent then it went cold. Currently, it cant power on but shows the white LED when plugged in to power socket or when connected to the PC. The PC detects it but all flashing procedures show no progress or gives the errors as follows. Unfortunately i cant provide the screenshots as am away from my PC to run the flash procedures.

disasemble the back cover, disconnect / reconnect the battery clip of the device then confirm if the device can at least power on to bootlogo
then retry flashing using the latest version of software download tool and if you get an error message, attach a screenshot of SWD tool along with the error message
I have done that numerous times and the state remains the same, Dead. It doesn't even vibrate when I press the power button. SWD and SP flash tool can detect it and it connects without disconnecting but it either gives the s_brom_cmd_startcmd_fail (0xc0060001) error or doesn't show any progress of flashing if it doesn't show any error.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-04-2020, 09:33 AM
(14-04-2020, 06:54 PM)odidahenry I have done that numerous times and the state remains the same, Dead. It doesn't even vibrate when I press the power button. SWD and SP flash tool can detect it and it connects without disconnecting but it either gives the s_brom_cmd_startcmd_fail (0xc0060001) error or doesn't show any progress of flashing if it doesn't show any error

still waiting for the screenshot of the error message
Bxdman
Bxdman
Bxdman
01-12-2020, 09:29 PM
Please any progress on this tread???....I'm into the same problem....holly lord
Bxdman
Bxdman
Bxdman
01-12-2020, 09:31 PM
All same problem....same phone technospark3 kb7j......please help....please
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-12-2020, 06:30 AM
(01-12-2020, 09:29 PM)Bxdman Please any progress on this tread???....I'm into the same problem....holly lord

This is someone else's thread.
Create a new thread by clicking Ask Question at the top

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.