Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Infinix note 5 x604 unable to root after update to android 10 (Q)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix note 5 x604 unable to root after update to android 10 (Q)

Infinix note 5 x604 unable to root after update to android 10 (Q)

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
king_bumi
king_bumi
king_bumi
06-09-2020, 06:56 PM

(01-08-2020, 12:17 PM)victornworgu Any update regarding this issue. i downgraded to Pie (I cant live without root and magisk, lol). If there is a way out of this then i will upgrade to Q. Any one tried Magisk v20.1 yet?
broo im using the x604 h633h i know its a different variant but i had this little work around for root, my device was android 10 so i downgraded to 8.1 stock rom then i rooted it using this guide https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html now we all know there are no stock roms for android Q and P for x604 around unless you dump or extract etc. so heres what you'll do. i hope im allowed to post external links here bc the guy who owns the page explained it really well; how to update after rooting with magisk plus you dont loose any user data so u basically eat your cake and have it
this is the link https://www.thecustomdroid.com/install-o...ice-guide/ i'm on android pie now (bc im not really a fan of android Q) rooted with magisk, and i believe with this method you can get root on android Q flawlessly. just follow the processes carefully.
  Incase you didnt really understand my explanation, this is it:
" you downgrade to stock rom (automatically you receive notification for system update, up to the version you were on before you downgraded and even versions after that so the system is automatically getting you to upgrade to the latest version available which in our case is android Q) then root, then follow the guide to install OTA on rooted device and continue the process till you receive the version you want.
         you have to preserve the root access by uninstalling magisk and installing after OTA update if not you'll end up with a normal update after reboot(full process is in the guide).
Pages (2): Previous 1 2