Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Infinix note 5 x604 unable to root after update to android 10 (Q)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix note 5 x604 unable to root after update to android 10 (Q)

Infinix note 5 x604 unable to root after update to android 10 (Q)

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Engr. Ahmad Osama
Engr. Ahmad Osama
Engr. Ahmad Osama
Enthusiastic Member
19-04-2020, 06:27 PM

My Android Phone Inifnix Note 4 (x604) having Android One Software after updating to Android Q build version X604-H633IJL-Q-200403V256 is unable to root,

Whenever i try to patch magisk img file, phone is stuck at restarting at boot screen.

I took the stock boot.img, from https://mega.nz/file/c5Z0AKYa#7h9tsgVSQ9...lDXHjT1cEE
patched it using Magisk Application,
Rebooted Phone to Bootloader,
Unlocked the bootloader, and flashed patched boot.img
i used following commands for the purpose.

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
fastboot reboot

After Reboot, device keep rebooting after first logo is appeared. I even tried to reflash my stock boot.img but it did not worked, and I have to reflash entire System using Sp Flashtools (it's mediatek processor)

Moreoever, my device has a/b partition system

and dear please guide me how to extract boot logs from my phone.
This post was last modified: 19-04-2020, 06:29 PM by Engr. Ahmad Osama.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-04-2020, 11:58 AM
(19-04-2020, 06:27 PM)Engr. Ahmad Osama ...

did you perform a factory reset in recovery mode after flashing using sp flash tool?
victornworgu
victornworgu
victornworgu
Enthusiastic Member
24-04-2020, 07:25 PM
(19-04-2020, 06:27 PM)Engr. Ahmad Osama My Android Phone Inifnix Note 4 (x604) having Android One Software after updating to Android Q build version X604-H633IJL-Q-200403V256 is unable to root,

Whenever i try to patch magisk img file, phone is stuck at restarting at boot screen.

I took the stock boot.img, from https://mega.nz/file/c5Z0AKYa#7h9tsgVSQ9...lDXHjT1cEE

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot reboot

After Reboot, device keep rebooting after first logo is appeared. I even tried to reflash my stock boot.img but it did not worked, and I have to reflash entire System using Sp Flashtools (it's mediatek processor)

Grateful I found this thread. I have the same issue, same device, same ROM. I patched stock boot image with Magisk and flashed with fastboot and boom, bootloop. Reflashed stock boot image and everything is back to normal. Pached boot again, this time with canary version of Magisk and flashed, the same issue. In my case I've tried wiping (factory reset) after flashing patched boot, no luck. Please I need help rooting this device.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-04-2020, 11:42 AM
(24-04-2020, 07:25 PM)victornworgu Grateful I found this thread. I have the same issue, same device, same ROM. I patched stock boot image with Magisk and flashed with fastboot and boom, bootloop. Reflashed stock boot image and everything is back to normal. Pached boot again, this time with canary version of Magisk and flashed, the same issue. In my case I've tried wiping (factory reset) after flashing patched boot, no luck. Please I need help rooting this device.

for both you and the OP
either you try mtksu method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32765.html OR you wait for next magisk version hoping for better support for boot.img for a/b devices upgraded to android 10 OR downgrade back to android 9 and enjoy root OR try GSI roms on android 10, be sure to check if the rom has supersu embedded
peeporzor
peeporzor
peeporzor
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2020, 08:00 PM

(19-04-2020, 06:27 PM)Engr. Ahmad Osama My Android Phone Inifnix Note 4 (x604) having Android One Software after updating to Android Q build version X604-H633IJL-Q-200403V256 is unable to root,

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot reboot

Please did  you  encounter any hardware bugs like touchscreen hanging and volume up pressing by itself  on X604-H633IJL-Q-200403V256 version?
This post was last modified: 18-05-2020, 08:02 PM by peeporzor.
Engr. Ahmad Osama
Engr. Ahmad Osama
Engr. Ahmad Osama
Enthusiastic Member
25-06-2020, 03:25 PM
(18-05-2020, 08:00 PM)peeporzor Please did  you  encounter any hardware bugs like touchscreen hanging and volume up pressing by itself  on X604-H633IJL-Q-200403V256 version?

No, everything worked fine
This post was last modified: 26-06-2020, 10:03 AM by X3non. Edit Reason: fixed quote tag
clenikay
clenikay
clenikay
30-07-2020, 02:44 AM
(25-04-2020, 11:42 AM)X3non
(24-04-2020, 07:25 PM)victornworgu Grateful I found this thread. I have the same issue, same device, same ROM. I patched stock boot image with Magisk and flashed with fastboot and boom, bootloop. Reflashed stock boot image and everything is back to normal. Pached boot again, this time with canary version of Magisk and flashed, the same issue. In my case I've tried wiping (factory reset) after flashing patched boot, no luck. Please I need help rooting this device.

for both you and the OP
either you try mtksu method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32765.html OR you wait for next magisk version hoping for better support for boot.img for a/b devices upgraded to android 10 OR downgrade back to android 9 and enjoy root OR try GSI roms on android 10, be sure to check if the rom has supersu embedded
try magisk 20.1, any oter version will send u to bootloop
victornworgu
victornworgu
victornworgu
Enthusiastic Member
01-08-2020, 12:17 PM
Any update regarding this issue. i downgraded to Pie (I cant live without root and magisk, lol). If there is a way out of this then i will upgrade to Q. Any one tried Magisk v20.1 yet?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-08-2020, 08:23 AM
(01-08-2020, 12:17 PM)victornworgu Any update regarding this issue. i downgraded to Pie (I cant live without root and magisk, lol). If there is a way out of this then i will upgrade to Q. Any one tried Magisk v20.1 yet?

You could try it and give others feedback

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
clenikay
clenikay
clenikay
15-08-2020, 05:30 PM

Okay, i think i can solve your problem, you want android 10 and magisk(root privileges), this is what i did to eat my cake and have it since our device (x604) is so picky about magisk, i got this GSI rom very stable and its android 10 comes with everything even TWRP installed all u need is flash magisk 20.1 and enjoy ur rom.
There is a catch tho, GSI roms have 2 major bugs, u cant control the call volume on local calls internet call works fine, and the second is VOlte would nnot work too. Apart from that it works flawlessly. This is the link to the ROM follow the instructions there, dnt read the comments dey are discouraging tho lol...just knw im using,

https://androidhq254.blogspot.com/2019/1...4.html?m=1
Pages (2): 1 2 Next