Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Disabling dm-verity on Umidigi A3X
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Disabling dm-verity on Umidigi A3X

Disabling dm-verity on Umidigi A3X

Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Enthusiastic Member
05-05-2020, 12:12 AM

So I bought the Umidigi A3X. It's an Android 10 phone. I'm trying to root it using Magisk. To do that I need to disable dm-verity on the patched boot.img. The only way to do that seems to be through fastboot. But no matter what I do my computer can't detect the phone in fastboot mode even though it does detect it in ADB. I tried installing so many drivers including one that is advertised to be for it specifically from this page:

I tried flashing an empty vbmeta in sp flash tool but it didn't work. dm-verity was still on somehow.
Here is a link to the patched boot.img:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LY_uhR...q1LKanEBQZ

Is it possible to maybe disable dm-verity without fastboot?
Any help would be appreciated.
This post was last modified: 05-05-2020, 09:52 AM by X3non. Edit Reason: remove external link
Attached Files
.img
vbmeta.img
Size: 4 KB / Downloads: 7
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-05-2020, 09:55 AM
(05-05-2020, 12:12 AM)Bitsurah So I bought the Umidigi A3X. It's an Android 10 phone. I'm trying to root it using Magisk. To do that I need to disable dm-verity on the patched boot.img. The only way to do that seems to be through fastboot. But no matter what I do my computer can't detect the phone in fastboot mode even though it does detect it in ADB. I tried installing so many drivers including one that is advertised to be for it specifically from this page:

I tried flashing an empty vbmeta in sp flash tool but it didn't work. dm-verity was still on somehow.

it's more likely that you're using old adb binary than driver problem
ensure USB debugging is on > connect the phone to the pc and accept the usb debugging prompt > check device manager and ensure that the driver is okay
if it is then use latest adb and fastboot from google platform tools @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17104.html
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Enthusiastic Member
05-05-2020, 07:01 PM
(05-05-2020, 09:55 AM)X3non
(05-05-2020, 12:12 AM)Bitsurah So I bought the Umidigi A3X. It's an Android 10 phone. I'm trying to root it using Magisk. To do that I need to disable dm-verity on the patched boot.img. The only way to do that seems to be through fastboot. But no matter what I do my computer can't detect the phone in fastboot mode even though it does detect it in ADB. I tried installing so many drivers including one that is advertised to be for it specifically from this page:

it's more likely that you're using old adb binary than driver problem
ensure USB debugging is on > connect the phone to the pc and accept the usb debugging prompt > check device manager and ensure that the driver is okay
if it is then use latest adb and fastboot from google platform tools @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17104.html
Doesn't seem to be the issue. I installed the platform tools from your link and then tried the ones on the official sdk platform tools' website. Didn't detect the phone either. Is fastboot really the only way to disable dm-verity on android 10?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-05-2020, 12:27 PM
(05-05-2020, 07:01 PM)Bitsurah Doesn't seem to be the issue. I installed the platform tools from your link and then tried the ones on the official sdk platform tools' website. Didn't detect the phone either. Is fastboot really the only way to disable dm-verity on android 10?

you have not confirmed if or what your device shows up as under device manager. attach a screenshot showing your device manager while the phone is connected to the pc in fastboot mode
and its best you use fastboot cause your device might require an unlocked bootloader
Victor Hilles
Victor Hilles
Victor Hilles
Enthusiastic Member
06-05-2020, 03:32 PM

bro , some phones don't enter fastboot mode , meta mode....
I have a phone like that.....
make sure to backup your phone firmware before attempting any tweaks..... an advice
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Bitsurah
Enthusiastic Member
06-05-2020, 06:51 PM
(06-05-2020, 12:27 PM)X3non
(05-05-2020, 07:01 PM)Bitsurah Doesn't seem to be the issue. I installed the platform tools from your link and then tried the ones on the official sdk platform tools' website. Didn't detect the phone either. Is fastboot really the only way to disable dm-verity on android 10?

you have not confirmed if or what your device shows up as under device manager. attach a screenshot showing your device manager while the phone is connected to the pc in fastboot mode
and its best you use fastboot cause your device might require an unlocked bootloader
There ya go
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot (9).png
Size: 75.48 KB / Downloads: 8
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-05-2020, 09:56 AM
(06-05-2020, 06:51 PM)Bitsurah There ya go

look at what the device got detected as ADB interface, which means the phone is still powered on to homescreen...you didn't reboot your device to fastboot. run the command below to reboot to fastboot mode
Code:

adb reboot-bootloader