Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Philz for Mediatek Devices.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Philz for Mediatek Devices.

Philz for Mediatek Devices.

nxts
nxts
nxts
Enthusiastic Member
09-05-2020, 08:20 AM

I have Infnix S5 Lite stock rom. I was using the [Hovatek] MTK Auto Philz Recovery Porter V1.5 by Team Hovatek tools for create Philz for my device. But i can't. Because my Android version is 9. There isn't option for Android 9 to select in tools which i mentioned before. 
My question is: Does anyone guys have this tool with Android 9 option availability? I hope hovatek administrator will read this thread and give more developing for [Hovatek] MTK Auto Philz Recovery Porter V1.5 by Team Hovatek tool. I hope any one will give some solution for me.

Cause my device already experienced bootloop until now. Thanks everybody
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-05-2020, 11:30 AM
(09-05-2020, 08:20 AM)nxts I have Infnix S5 Lite stock rom. I was using the [Hovatek] MTK Auto Philz Recovery Porter V1.5 by Team Hovatek tools for create Philz for my device. But i can't. Because my Android version is 9. There isn't option for Android 9 to select in tools which i mentioned before. 
My question is: Does anyone guys have this tool with Android 9 option availability? I hope hovatek administrator will read this thread and give more developing for [Hovatek] MTK Auto Philz Recovery Porter V1.5 by Team Hovatek tool. I hope any one will give some solution for me.

the philz porter only supports android 8.x downwards. i suggest you use the twrp tool instead @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html

for the bootloop, you'll need to explain what you did and how the problem started
This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 11:31 AM by X3non.
nxts
nxts
nxts
Enthusiastic Member
10-05-2020, 11:18 AM
(09-05-2020, 11:30 AM)X3non
(09-05-2020, 08:20 AM)nxts I have Infnix S5 Lite stock rom. I was using the [Hovatek] MTK Auto Philz Recovery Porter V1.5 by Team Hovatek tools for create Philz for my device. But i can't. Because my Android version is 9. There isn't option for Android 9 to select in tools which i mentioned before. 

the philz porter only supports android 8.x downwards. i suggest you use the twrp tool instead @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html

for the bootloop, you'll need to explain what you did and how the problem started
Its oke. BTW, my phone no longer experience bootloop, thanks. Big Grin 

Then, i tried to port TWRP from my device using stock ROM (recovery.img). But i can't. I have to disable dm-verity from 2 ways, both flashing empty vbmeta.img and flashing boot.img from Magisk Patch with dm-verity unticked. It's just same. I have to flash recovery output file from TWRP porter, it doesn't work, even i have to disable dm-verity Sad . That's it. Please help me.

Thanks for reading this thread. Hope you might help me soon. Smile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-05-2020, 10:46 AM
(10-05-2020, 11:18 AM)nxts Its oke. BTW, my phone no longer experience bootloop, thanks. Big Grin 

Then, i tried to port TWRP from my device using stock ROM (recovery.img). But i can't. I have to disable dm-verity from 2 ways, both flashing empty vbmeta.img and flashing boot.img from Magisk Patch with dm-verity unticked. It's just same. I have to flash recovery output file from TWRP porter, it doesn't work, even i have to disable dm-verity Sad . That's it. Please help me.

after disabling dm_verity then flashing and attempting to boot to twrp, what happens?
no recovery mode or you still get stock recovery mode?
nxts
nxts
nxts
Enthusiastic Member
06-06-2020, 03:12 AM

(11-05-2020, 10:46 AM)X3non
(10-05-2020, 11:18 AM)nxts Its oke. BTW, my phone no longer experience bootloop, thanks. Big Grin 

after disabling dm_verity then flashing and attempting to boot to twrp, what happens?
i still get the stock recovery mode. the TWRP is not working from flashing. Is there another way to create TWRP for Mediatek Devices?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-06-2020, 01:14 PM
(06-06-2020, 03:12 AM)nxts after disabling dm_verity then flashing and attempting to boot to twrp, what happens?
i still get the stock recovery mode. the TWRP is not working from flashing. Is there another way to create TWRP for Mediatek Devices?
[/quote]

refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10992.html ; root your device (you must have done this if you have magisk installed) then rename or remove recovery-from-boot.p file from system partition then reflash the twrp recovery
This post was last modified: 06-06-2020, 01:16 PM by X3non.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-06-2020, 09:03 AM
(06-06-2020, 03:12 AM)nxts i still get the stock recovery mode. the TWRP is not working from flashing. Is there another way to create TWRP for Mediatek Devices?

With root access and a root file manager like Jrummy, follow the instructions in @x3non's last reply.
dmverity on Android 9 is disabled by flashing a blank or modified vbmeta.img

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.