Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Android 7.0 MT6737 Internal Storage Write Access Denied
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Android 7.0 MT6737 Internal Storage Write Access Denied

Android 7.0 MT6737 Internal Storage Write Access Denied

Siolu
Siolu
Siolu
10-05-2020, 02:12 PM

Hi, Hovatek pros.
I came upon this problem a month ago but it did not affect me so i ignored it, but now it is being troublesome.
I have rooted by magisk android 7.0 MT6737 Micromax Canvas Q4310 32-bit, stock rom phone.
Please skip to below after DOTS for real problem, i have given specs of problem here.

Whenever i connect my phone to pc, it showed me partial files of ONLY external sdcard. My internal storage was completely shown and working.
So, I decided to follow internet`s steps to correct this problem like wiping data of external storage app and media storage app, wiping cache, rebooting phone. However not only was my problem not solved but even my internal storage disappeared, means, it still showed exact space left and all that, but in the folder it showed nothing. Same as my sdcard. 
But i found that now if i change some files in my phone with its file manager, it shows the change on pc. But this sometimes and not everytime it works like i changed the name of titaniumbackup folder while still connected to pc and when reattached my phone it showed the whole folder. 
Now THIS is the real problem, that i am not able to write anything in the android folder in internal storage either by its file manager or pc. If i do with Apps2sd, it shows mkdir error access denied, with es file manager (file not copied), with pc it shows that your phone has either stopped responding or has been disconnected. This has never happened before because whatever i do with pc it becomes permanent on phone. So ENDPOINT = I am not able to create obb folder and not able to install large games with obb, not able to download games from play store with obb because it it completes till 100% then again start from 0 % without making any message.
Please look into my problem, Also I do not have custom recovery, just stock. And i tried every listed method on internet, wiped my data and restored it, rebooted it, but the phone error was still there.
This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 02:14 PM by Siolu.
Siolu
Siolu
Siolu
10-05-2020, 07:21 PM
here is a shell version. i used chmod and chown functions too and they all returned true but for some reason i still am not able to create any folder within android folder
Attached Files
.jpg
error.jpg
Size: 48.68 KB / Downloads: 2
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-05-2020, 10:27 AM
(10-05-2020, 02:12 PM)Siolu Hi, Hovatek pros.
I came upon this problem a month ago but it did not affect me so i ignored it, but now it is being troublesome.
I have rooted by magisk android 7.0 MT6737 Micromax Canvas Q4310 32-bit, stock rom phone.
Please skip to below after DOTS for real problem, i have given specs of problem here.

Whenever i connect my phone to pc, it showed me partial files of ONLY external sdcard. My internal storage was completely shown and working.
So, I decided to follow internet`s steps to correct this problem like wiping data of external storage app and media storage app, wiping cache, rebooting phone. However not only was my problem not solved but even my internal storage disappeared, means, it still showed exact space left and all that, but in the folder it showed nothing. Same as my sdcard. 
But i found that now if i change some files in my phone with its file manager, it shows the change on pc. But this sometimes and not everytime it works like i changed the name of titaniumbackup folder while still connected to pc and when reattached my phone it showed the whole folder. 
Now THIS is the real problem, that i am not able to write anything in the android folder in internal storage either by its file manager or pc. If i do with Apps2sd, it shows mkdir error access denied, with es file manager (file not copied), with pc it shows that your phone has either stopped responding or has been disconnected. This has never happened before because whatever i do with pc it becomes permanent on phone. So ENDPOINT = I am not able to create obb folder and not able to install large games with obb, not able to download games from play store with obb because it it completes till 100% then again start from 0 % without making any message.
Please look into my problem, Also I do not have custom recovery, just stock. And i tried every listed method on internet, wiped my data and restored it, rebooted it, but the phone error was still there.

have you tried wiping data or better still flashing stock firmware without restoring anything back then try to create a folder?
Siolu
Siolu
Siolu
11-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Thanks for telling, i found out the problem just as before i was going to wipe i remembered that my phone Micromax Canvas Q4310 had a option called fast boot and i had enabled it, i disabled it and also disabled lucky patcher`s patch on media storage.
End result= I am able to completely see my files in pc and i can perform all functions on it except write in android folder.
I am still not able to write obb folder in android folder in internal storage. It shows same errors as before.
I used all linux commands with apps2sd, adb but still when i tried to create any folder, file in the folder.
It showed permission denied as in adb and linux shell. And device has stopped responding in PC.
There was a folder named "obb" in /storage/emulated/obb, i tried to put in it and was able to but my game didnt recognize it and showed error.
Also another folder with name "obb" in /data/media/obb, i tried putting there and was successful but still game didnt recognize it and same error. 
The game only recognizes obb in android folder.
I do not know why but i can write, delete anything in the whole internal storage but not the android folder.
Siolu
Siolu
Siolu
12-05-2020, 05:59 AM

[quote pid='192829' dateline='1589189275']
Here is some more information on my problem.
I flashed stock system image on my phone with so flash tool without changing anything. I got a red state but my phone works fine, but still the same issue, Android folder is not writable.
Also when I created a new user it also showed the same error however when I used guest used, it worked fine, I was able to use my play store put obb and play obb games.

So how to resolve this error on my phone, please look into it.
[/quote]
Siolu
Siolu
Siolu
12-05-2020, 03:24 PM
I solved this problem by myself and if anyone else has the same problem. This is the solution.
Go to Stock Recovery and backup user data.
Create Guest user in your android phone.
Download an app from play store with obb in it
Then go back to original account and swap the name of directories of both user(Do not delete Guest yet)
Go to the guest user again and uninstall the app.
Come to original account and delete the guest directory in /Storage/Emulated/0/
This directory was guest one`s but i swapped it original.
Now after deleting reboot phone.
You have solved Android folder specific Error.