Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Infinix note 5 android 9 and 10 hardware bugs
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix note 5 android 9 and 10 hardware bugs

Infinix note 5 android 9 and 10 hardware bugs

peeporzor
peeporzor
peeporzor
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2020, 07:07 PM

So I have Infinix note 5 on andriod 9, build X604-H633H-191113V280. Volume up keeps pressing by itself. I downgraded to stock android 8.10, volume problem disappeared. I upgraded to android 10, new problem shows . Touchscreen stops working when screen goes off. I restart phone and problem no more but once screen goes off , touch  stops working. Which version of android 10 is ok. Or how do I use android 10 without those problems ?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
18-05-2020, 09:01 PM
(18-05-2020, 07:07 PM)peeporzor So I have Infinix note 5 on andriod 9, build X604-H633H-191113V280. Volume up keeps pressing by itself. I downgraded to stock android 8.10, volume problem disappeared. I upgraded to android 10, new problem shows . Touchscreen stops working when screen goes off. I restart phone and problem no more but once screen goes off , touch  stops working. Which version of android 10 is ok. Or how do I use android 10 without those problems ?

Which method did you use in upgrading the phone? Automatic Software update in settings or firmware + flash tool?
peeporzor
peeporzor
peeporzor
Enthusiastic Member
19-05-2020, 07:55 AM
(18-05-2020, 09:01 PM)innagee
(18-05-2020, 07:07 PM)peeporzor So I have Infinix note 5 on andriod 9, build X604-H633H-191113V280. Volume up keeps pressing by itself. I downgraded to stock android 8.10, volume problem disappeared. I upgraded to android 10, new problem shows . Touchscreen stops working when screen goes off. I restart phone and problem no more but once screen goes off , touch  stops working. Which version of android 10 is ok. Or how do I use android 10 without those problems ?

Which method did you use in upgrading the phone? Automatic Software update in settings or firmware + flash tool?
I used automatic software update through phone settings. That's OTA update. But when I started having problems, I went back to stock 8.10 using SWD tool and firmware to flash it.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-05-2020, 10:01 AM
(19-05-2020, 07:55 AM)peeporzor I used automatic software update through phone settings. That's OTA update. But when I started having problems, I went back to stock 8.10 using SWD tool and firmware to flash it.

either try confirming from other note 5 users having your same build if they have the same problem(s) when they upgrade OR if you can, check the vol up button and ensure it isn't faulty
peeporzor
peeporzor
peeporzor
Enthusiastic Member
19-05-2020, 02:45 PM

(19-05-2020, 10:01 AM)X3non
(19-05-2020, 07:55 AM)peeporzor I used automatic software update through phone settings. That's OTA update. But when I started having problems, I went back to stock 8.10 using SWD tool and firmware to flash it.

either try confirming from other note 5 users having your same build if they have the same problem(s) when they upgrade OR if you can, check the vol up button and ensure it isn't faulty
Just like i said in my original post, my phone is working very well on android 8.10. No volume button issues , no touch hanging. This only points to the fact that the problem was coming from the update. I want to know if there is a firmware version of android that does not have these issues . Many people who upgraded to 10 are facing these issues . I can also see some who are using 10 without issues . I think those whose phones do not use H633H firmware do not have issues I guess .
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-05-2020, 04:46 PM
(19-05-2020, 02:45 PM)peeporzor Just like i said in my original post, my phone is working very well on android 8.10. No volume button issues , no touch hanging. This only points to the fact that the problem was coming from the update. I want to know if there is a firmware version of android that does not have these issues . Many people who upgraded to 10 are facing these issues . I can also see some who are using 10 without issues . I think those whose phones do not use H633H firmware do not have issues I guess .

which is why i mentioned that you should "either try confirming from other note 5 users having your same build if they have the same problem(s) when they upgrade..."
you won't be assuming if you can confirm the build(s) affected by this bug asides that, only infinix team can really answer anything pertaining to the bug you mentioned and also if & when they plan to release an update to fix it
peeporzor
peeporzor
peeporzor
Enthusiastic Member
19-05-2020, 07:10 PM
(19-05-2020, 04:46 PM)X3non
(19-05-2020, 02:45 PM)peeporzor Just like i said in my original post, my phone is working very well on android 8.10. No volume button issues , no touch hanging. This only points to the fact that the problem was coming from the update. I want to know if there is a firmware version of android that does not have these issues . Many people who upgraded to 10 are facing these issues . I can also see some who are using 10 without issues . I think those whose phones do not use H633H firmware do not have issues I guess .

which is why i mentioned that you should "either try confirming from other note 5 users having your same build if they have the same problem(s) when they upgrade..."
you won't be assuming if you can confirm the build(s) affected by this bug asides that, only infinix team can really answer anything pertaining to the bug you mentioned and also if & when they plan to release an update to fix it
Alright, thanks. Right now, I don't know anyone using my type of phone and build version. Besides, I have no idea how to get this info from infinix. I really appreciate the work done here on this forum . I'm very much impressed . I guess I would have to wait until a fix is released .
Could you please point me to where I can download android 10 for my infinix note 5 so that I can try flash tool update method . Thanks .
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
20-05-2020, 12:42 PM
(19-05-2020, 07:10 PM)peeporzor
(19-05-2020, 04:46 PM)X3non

Alright, thanks. Right now, I don't know anyone using my type of phone and build version. Besides, I have no idea how to get this info from infinix. I really appreciate the work done here on this forum . I'm very much impressed . I guess I would have to wait until a fix is released .
Could you please point me to where I can download android 10 for my infinix note 5 so that I can try flash tool update method . Thanks .

we'll list it @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23512.html once available.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-05-2020, 12:52 PM
(19-05-2020, 07:10 PM)peeporzor Alright, thanks. Right now, I don't know anyone using my type of phone and build version. Besides, I have no idea how to get this info from infinix. I really appreciate the work done here on this forum . I'm very much impressed . I guess I would have to wait until a fix is released .

you can check the infinix forum, you'll most likely find users with the same phone and possibly similar build there
you also need to confirm the build number where you and others (if any) experience this issue. this way you all will know which builds to avoid
we don't have the firmware for x604 android 10, you can run a google search for "X604-H633H-Q". you'll find several firmware build numbers for android 10 and most likely not for free