Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Neon Ray V06 SPD 9832e Hung on logo after spd tool readback
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Neon Ray V06 SPD 9832e Hung on logo after spd tool readback

Neon Ray V06 SPD 9832e Hung on logo after spd tool readback

laban kamonya
laban kamonya
laban kamonya
31-05-2020, 08:56 AM

Hi hovatek I had a dead Neon ray which hungs on boot logo. So I had a friend assist me with his similar phone with same build number to back up his and flash it to mine. I did the read back and it went smoothly .in the read flash folder the system IMG and vender was in FLAG extenion ,so I thought the read back was a problem. So I decided to go for the second read back .but before second read back the friends phone powered just well. But on second read back I first got failed error on reading NV ,so in disconnected and untucked NV from read back and connected and the process went on well. After second read back my friends phone powers up but hugs on Boot logo.any help ?

Sent from my TECNO CF7 using Hovatek Mobile
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
31-05-2020, 10:55 AM
(31-05-2020, 08:56 AM)laban kamonya Hi hovatek I had a dead Neon ray which hungs on boot logo. So I had a friend assist me with his similar phone with same build number to back up his and flash it to mine. I did the read back and it went smoothly .in the read flash folder the system IMG and vender was in FLAG extenion ,so I thought the read back was a problem. So I decided to go for the second read back .but before second read back the friends phone powered just well. But on second read back I first got failed error on reading NV ,so in disconnected and untucked NV from read back and connected and the process went on well. After second read back my friends phone powers up but hugs on Boot logo.any help ?

Have you tried booting the phone to recovery mode and factory reset it?
laban kamonya
laban kamonya
laban kamonya
31-05-2020, 11:04 AM
It can't boot into recovery it just hangs like that forever

laban kamonya
laban kamonya
laban kamonya
31-05-2020, 04:12 PM
Just to ask how do I flash back the files with FLAG extension for the system  and Vender ,do I leave them like or I have to edit back to IMG and if so how do I do it. Thanks in advance.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-06-2020, 01:18 PM

(31-05-2020, 11:04 AM)laban kamonya It can't boot into recovery it just hangs like that forever

you'll need to create a different thread for this if the issue persists to avoid confusion
try disconnecting / reconnecting the battery clip (if you can disassemble the phone to get to the battery) OR wait till the battery runs down

(31-05-2020, 04:12 PM)laban kamonya Just to ask how do I flash back the files with FLAG extension for the system  and Vender ,do I leave them like or I have to edit back to IMG and if so how do I do it. Thanks in advance.

what's the filesize of the files with flag extension? if it's not 0kb then flash it as it is
the extension won't matter
but if it's 0kb, then retry backup again but use an older version of research download tool. e.g R8.0.0001 or older version @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15611.html
laban kamonya
laban kamonya
laban kamonya
01-06-2020, 01:39 PM
The Flag extension file is 1.4GB for the system and 400MB for the vendor.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-06-2020, 10:23 AM
(01-06-2020, 01:39 PM)laban kamonya The Flag extension file is 1.4GB for the system and 400MB for the vendor.

that's good, you can flash it as it is OR rename and remove the .flag extension i.e to system.img and vendor.img
whichever you choose is fine
laban kamonya
laban kamonya
laban kamonya
04-06-2020, 11:51 AM
It refused ,when flashing back the flag file it gives wrong Bma config error but when i edited the flag to IMG it flashed well but still it hungs on boot logo.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-06-2020, 09:42 AM
(04-06-2020, 11:51 AM)laban kamonya ...but when i edited the flag to IMG it flashed well but still it hungs on boot logo.

and did you factory reset in recovery mode after successfully flashing?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-06-2020, 10:02 AM

(04-06-2020, 11:51 AM)laban kamonya It refused ,when flashing back the flag file it gives wrong Bma config error but when i edited the flag to IMG it flashed well but still it hungs on boot logo.

Quick questions:
1. Which tool did you use to backup (I believe Research Download tool right?)
2. How did you get the pac file (or fdl 1&2) and bmaconfig file you used to the backup and create pac file respectively
3. Are you sure you didn't allow something to get flashed or wiped (especially under Settings > Main Page
4. Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.