Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Dead Camon CA7, Build Number: CA7-H633BCDK-O-180830V221
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Dead Camon CA7, Build Number: CA7-H633BCDK-O-180830V221

Dead Camon CA7, Build Number: CA7-H633BCDK-O-180830V221

Femex001
Femex001
Femex001
Enthusiastic Member
11-06-2020, 08:46 AM

Hi Admin!
My Camon CA7's build number is CA7-H633BCDK-O-180830V221.

The phone had this bootloop issue. I tried getting into recovery mode but the phone just wouldn't get there due to the fact that it kept rebooting up till the CAMON logo and then reboot again. Even if I get into recovery mode, luckily, the phone will reboot again before I can scroll to click any option.
After days of not coming up, I tried using SP Flash Tool v5.1924 to flash it but I had another issue with the laptop detecting the phone. It kept connecting and disconnecting every 3 to 5 seconds. I guess that was due to the phone rebooting.
After much tries, I decided to try Software Download V4.1811.23.11 out but was still having same error as that of SP Flash Tool. I kept interchanging the two softwares and kept selecting all the options but nothing was happening.
Then, what I felt murdered the phone was when the disconnection issue suddenly stopped with the Software Download app but then, the progress bar wasn't reading for about 3-4 minutes, I disconnected the USB and reconnected back to see if it would make it work but then, that was the end of the phone rebooting, It stopped coming up! When connected or plugged to power outlet, the charging indicator (blue light) comes on but the screen is always blank.
And if I connect it to the laptop, it still makes a connection sound and then disconnects almost immediately. Whenever it connects, the flash tool attempts to start loading DA but then, it disconnects again and the process fails.
I've tried all the instructions in almost all the threads on this forum but it's still not working. I keep getting lots of error messages with the Software Download tool. Tried with battery connected and disconnected but still the same. Tried different version of firmwares too but still, same error. The only firmware I've not found is the one for the phone's exact version.

The phone has been dead for about 10 days now and I've left the phone charging for over 5 days but still, no show.
I hope I won't have to dump the phone in the waste bin. Counting on you guys to help.
And apologies for the epistle but I hope I described the phone's journey to it present state well enough.
Thanks in advance!!!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-06-2020, 11:15 AM
(11-06-2020, 08:46 AM)Femex001 Hi Admin!

disconnect / reconnect the battery of the device (you'll need to disassemble the back cover to get to the battery), the device should be able to power on afterwards (back to the bootloop)
download and flash the firmware build CA7-H633BCDK-O-180329V139 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23177.html
Femex001
Femex001
Femex001
Enthusiastic Member
11-06-2020, 02:02 PM
X3non
(11-06-2020, 08:46 AM)Femex001 Hi Admin!

disconnect / reconnect the battery of the device (you'll need to disassemble the back cover to get to the battery), the device should be able to power on afterwards (back to the bootloop)
download and flash the firmware build CA7-H633BCDK-O-180329V139 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23177.html

Thanks for your response.

I have disconnected and reconnected the battery a million and one times over the past 10 days up till now but it's still the same. Blank!
Then, for the filmware, I already downloaded the full stock rom of each versions in the shared link up to three times using different browsers but each time I try to unzip, it throws diagnostic error and the size of all the extracted files are zero.
Kindly assist further.

Thanks again.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
11-06-2020, 08:28 PM
(11-06-2020, 02:02 PM)Femex001 Thanks for your response.

I have disconnected and reconnected the battery a million and one times over the past 10 days up till now but it's still the same. Blank!
Then, for the filmware, I already downloaded the full stock rom of each versions in the shared link up to three times using different browsers but each time I try to unzip, it throws diagnostic error and the size of all the extracted files are zero.
Kindly assist further.

Thanks again.

download from mega using a different method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-18831.html
then try flashing the firmware using SWD tool and post the result
Femex001
Femex001
Femex001
Enthusiastic Member
14-06-2020, 06:09 AM

(11-06-2020, 08:28 PM)freshtyt
(11-06-2020, 02:02 PM)Femex001 Thanks for your response.

Kindly assist further.

Thanks again.

download from mega using a different method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-18831.html
then try flashing the firmware using SWD tool and post the result

Thanks so much for the help.

I tried all the options on that link and even other options online and still, it was the same error. The firmware I previously downloaded from mega (not from here though) was seamless without error. I think there is a need to repack those files and upload them again. I have only succeeded in wasting over 12gb of data downloading those files repeatedly. Kindly re-upload the firmwares or share another link to download them from. You can download the files yourself too to validate this claim.
Also, the third firmware on the list is the same version I previously downloaded which is not working.
Awaiting your further response.

Many thanks!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-06-2020, 08:18 AM
(14-06-2020, 06:09 AM)Femex001 Thanks so much for the help.

I tried all the options on that link and even other options online and still, it was the same error. The firmware I previously downloaded from mega (not from here though) was seamless without error. I think there is a need to repack those files and upload them again. I have only succeeded in wasting over 12gb of data downloading those files repeatedly. Kindly re-upload the firmwares or share another link to download them from. You can download the files yourself too to validate this claim.
Also, the third firmware on the list is the same version I previously downloaded which is not working.
Awaiting your further response.

Many thanks!

OK.
Stop downloading for a moment.
Which firmware have you successfully downloaded and unzipped? Lets work with that.
For the connection-disconnection issue, try a different PC so we can rule out the issue being from your PC (driver/port blocking)

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.