Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android BV9800: TWRP Backup/Restore Function does not work
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

BV9800: TWRP Backup/Restore Function does not work

BV9800: TWRP Backup/Restore Function does not work

tomron
tomron
tomron
15-06-2020, 09:42 AM

Unfortunately I don't manage it to backup my system by TWRP. I can produce a backup and restore the backup... all fine and successfull but after TWRP restored the system the phone will not boot, just the loading symbol appears but then nothing, there is no progress. Also wiping cache improves nothing of the behavior, even when I format data, wipe cache and dalvik nothing changes.

When I flash the system partion with SP Flashtool system boots into OS normally. Any suggestions ?

Phone BV9800 (non Pro)
OS Havoc OS 3.5

used TWRP: TWRP for BV9800 Pro (https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32580-p...#pid189457) everything beside the Backup/Restore function works...
tomron
tomron
tomron
16-06-2020, 06:22 AM
I managed to get a work around for this issue.
I just restored the data partition and left system and boot as it was, rebooting to OS afterwards will be performed flawlessly.
But still there is an issue restoring the system partition, any suggestions?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-06-2020, 01:21 PM
(16-06-2020, 06:22 AM)tomron I managed to get a work around for this issue.
I just restored the data partition and left system and boot as it was, rebooting to OS afterwards will be performed flawlessly.
But still there is an issue restoring the system partition, any suggestions?

confirm first if you leave out only system as it is, if the device still boots
while at it, unpack the twrp recovery using android image kitchen tool from xda forum
post the contents of or attach the recovery.fstab file from ramdisk/etc folder