Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Tutorial] How to Flash Nokia Devices (Java & Symbian ONLY)

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2017, 01:03 AM by X3non. )

I’ll be explaining how to flash your Nokia phone or update the firmware. Flashing a phone means re-installing the phone’s firmware, i.e re-installing the operating system of the phone. When a phone’s OS is corrupt due to virus attack, incompatible applications etc, flashing might be the only solution when restoring factory settings doesn’t work. Flashing a phone can also be used to update the firmware to a newer version, revive a dead phone, etc.

Requirements

Note

•  While flashing, the process shouldn't be interrupted due to insufficient charge on the battery or due to disconnection of the usb cord as it may result to a totally damaged phone.
  • Always try to search well for the latest firmware before downloading / flashing. Using a firmware below the current firmware on the phone would result in a partially bricked phone (this is because downgrading isn't allowed)
  • If for some unknown reasons this method doesn't work, you can try the infinity best method @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-14299.html

How to Flash Nokia Devices (Java & Symbian ONLY)

1. Install Nokia PC Suite
  2. Install phoenix
  3. DOwnload your phone's firmware files from Nokia Firmwares
  4. After successfully downloading all files required for your phone, Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Phoenix\Products
    [Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-1.png]

5. Create a folder inside the directory above and rename the folder to your phone's product type. E.G Nokia X2-00 should be renamed as RM-618
    [Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-2.png]

6. Copy and paste all downloaded files into the newly created folder. use the picture below as reference
    [Image: How-to-Flash-Nokia-Devices-Java-Symbian-ONLY-0.png]

7. Start Phoenix
    [Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-3.png]

8. Connect your phone through USB Cable {lets assume we are flashing a dead phone so the phone should be off}
  9. Click File > Open Product. 
    [Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-4.png]

10. Select your RM code from the window that appears. Then click OK
    [Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-5.png]

11. Click Connections > Select "No Connection"
  12. Click on the Flashing tab > select Firmware Update.
    [Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-6.png]

13. A new window should open
    [Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-7.png]

14. Check the option “Dead Phone USB Flashing”
  15. Click the box with three dots besides Product Code and Select your phone's firmware from the windows that appears then Click OK
  16. Click Refurbish and the flashing process should start.
    [Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-8.png]

17. The process might be halted and you would be asked to remove battery etc. simply follow all the processes as seen on your PC screen
    [Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-10.png]

18. Your phone should automatically startup when the flashing is successful
    [Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-9.png]

19.   Once completed successfully, you can safely disconnect your USB cord from the phone

Attached Files
.png   1.PNG (Size: 83.63 KB / Downloads: 412)
Pls how can I know d actual Nokia firmware to download for Nokia C2-00 V03.99 RM-704
thank u
that was useful
(05-16-2015, 05:31 PM)X3non Wrote: I’ll be explaining how to flash your Nokia phone or update the firmware. Flashing a phone means re-installing the phone’s firmware, i.e re-installing the operating system of the phone. When a phone’s OS is corrupt due to virus attack, incompatible applications etc, flashing might be the only solution when restoring factory settings doesn’t work. Flashing a phone can also be used to update the firmware to a newer version, revive a dead phone, etc.

Tools Needed
* Phoenix Service Suite
* Nokia PC Suite
* Firmware files for flashing
* A GOOD USB cable
* Phone to be flashed
* 50% charged battery

WARNING
* While flashing, the process shouldnt be interrupted due to insufficient charge on the battery or due to disconnection of the usb cord as it may result to a totally damaged phone.
* Always try to search well for the latest firmware before download / flashing. Using a firmware below the current firmware on the phone would result in a partially bricked phone (this is because downgrading isnt allowed)

Procedures
* Install Nokia PC Suite
* Install phoenix
* DOwnload your phone's firmware files from Nokia Firmwares
* After successfully downloading all files required for your phone, Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Phoenix\Products
[Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-1.png]

* Create a folder inside the directory above and rename the folder to your phone's product type. E.G Nokia X2-00 should be renamed as RM-618
[Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-2.png]

* Copy and paste all downloaded files into the newly created folder. use the picture below as reference

[Image: How-to-Flash-Nokia-Devices-Java-Symbian-ONLY-0.png]

* Start Phoenix
[Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-3.png]

* Connect your phone through USB Cable {lets assume we are flashing a dead phone so the phone should be off}
* Click File > Open Product. 
[Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-4.png]

* Select your RM code from the window that appears. Then click OK
[Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-5.png]

* Click Connections > Select "No Connection"
* Click on the Flashing tab > select Firmware Update.
[Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-6.png]

* A new window should open
[Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-7.png]

* Check the option “Dead Phone USB Flashing”
* Click the box with three dots besides Product Code and Select your phone's firmware from the windows that appears then Click OK
* Click Refurbish and the flashing process should start.
[Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-8.png]

* The process might be halted and you would be asked to remove battery etc. simply follow all the processes as seen on your PC screen
[Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-10.png]

* Your phone should automatically startup when the flashing is successful
[Image: HOW-TO-FLASH-NOKIA-DEVICES-JAVA-SYMBIAN-ONLY-9.png]

*  Once completed successfully, you can safely disconnect your USB cord from the phone

i did all that but at the final process where i have to click on ok after pulling the battery and reinserting it, the pc shows a blue screen saying it ran into a problem and the pc will restart. I've tried on two different pc's, same story. Used a different variant of the flash files for nokia 300, same story still. Is there something i'm doing wrong?
(11-16-2016, 12:24 PM)Kingsident Wrote: i did all that but at the final process where i have to click on ok after pulling the battery and reinserting it, the pc shows a blue screen saying it ran into a problem and the pc will restart. I've tried on two different pc's, same story. Used a different variant of the flash files for nokia 300, same story still. Is there something i'm doing wrong?

sounds like BSOD
are there any missing drivers on either of these two PCs?
BTW you can try flashing using infinity best guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-14299.html
Does it required a box
(04-29-2017, 01:08 PM)5diamond Wrote: Does it required a box

no it doesnt