Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android After flashing, no network.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

After flashing, no network.

After flashing, no network.

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Dilone61
Dilone61
Dilone61
Experienced Member
22-06-2020, 12:01 AM

Hi, I have a phone, Safaricom neon Ray that went totally dead but still could be detected by a computer. The firmware was not originally available on the internet for free and so I had to pay for it. I flashed the phone using SP upgrade tool. But when I powered on the phone, everything was successful except that the phone now has no network. I have check the IMEI but the IMEI on the sticker at the back of the phone is different from the one displayed. Going to Settings\System\AboutPhone also says Safaricom Neon lite in stead of Neon ray.
How can I restore the network functionality? And, If I change the IMEI to the original one on the sticker, will the network functionality return? I'm totally baffled as to how I can flash firmware from a different make to another phone and the phone still works.
I have just read a guide on how to backup firmware using research download tool. My question is, now that these two phones are to some extent compatible, can I use FDL 1 and 2 to backup another working Neon ray phone and flash the firmware on this one without network? Because Miracle box does not detect phones with an error message "bootload error: ID,1.
Kindly help.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-06-2020, 09:37 AM
(22-06-2020, 12:01 AM)Dilone61 Hi, I have a phone, Safaricom neon Ray that went totally dead but still could be detected by a computer. The firmware was not originally available on the internet for free and so I had to pay for it. I flashed the phone using SP upgrade tool. But when I powered on the phone, everything was successful except that the phone now has no network. I have check the IMEI but the IMEI on the sticker at the back of the phone is different from the one displayed. Going to Settings\System\AboutPhone also says Safaricom Neon lite in stead of Neon ray.
How can I restore the network functionality?

look for a working Safaricom neon Ray phone to backup nvram or full firmware then restore to your own phone or look for it's firmware

(22-06-2020, 12:01 AM)Dilone61 And, If I change the IMEI to the original one on the sticker, will the network functionality return?

most likely it won't fix the issue

(22-06-2020, 12:01 AM)Dilone61 I'm totally baffled as to how I can flash firmware from a different make to another phone and the phone still works.

what it means is that both phone can use exactly the same kernel and OS but different modem. flashing only boot and system.img from the firmware you downloaded would have fixed the device without breaking network reception

(22-06-2020, 12:01 AM)Dilone61 I have just read a guide on how to backup firmware using research download tool. My question is, now that these two phones are to some extent compatible, can I use FDL 1 and 2 to backup another working Neon ray phone and flash the firmware on this one without network? Because Miracle box does not detect phones with an error message "bootload error: ID,1.
Kindly help.

Yes, you can
Dilone61
Dilone61
Dilone61
Experienced Member
23-06-2020, 07:19 PM
I found another Safaricom Neon ray. As I was backing up, Power went, and I'm now left with a phone that can't power on, only LCD lights. When power came back, I tried to backup again to see if after completing the backup the phone will power on normally but no... It did not. What can I do to revive the phone? I now have two casualties, and many safaricom Neon ray stock ROMs found on many sites are scums, I bought them till I got tired. They are different phones packaged to look like Safaricom Neon ray. What next? Thanks.
This post was last modified: 23-06-2020, 08:21 PM by Dilone61.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-06-2020, 10:14 AM
(23-06-2020, 07:19 PM)Dilone61 I found another Safaricom Neon ray. As I was backing up, Power went, and I'm now left with a phone that can't power on, only LCD lights. When power came back, I tried to backup again to see if after completing the backup the phone will power on normally but no... It did not. What can I do to revive the phone? I now have two casualties, and many safaricom Neon ray stock ROMs found on many sites are scums, I bought them till I got tired. They are different phones packaged to look like Safaricom Neon ray. What next? Thanks.

disconnect / reconnect the battery of the backup phone then connect to a charging source and attempt to power it on
what files where you able to successfully backup from the phone?
This post was last modified: 24-06-2020, 10:15 AM by X3non.
Dilone61
Dilone61
Dilone61
Experienced Member
27-06-2020, 12:52 PM

(24-06-2020, 10:14 AM)X3non
(23-06-2020, 07:19 PM)Dilone61 I found another Safaricom Neon ray. As I was backing up, Power went, and I'm now left with a phone that can't power on, only LCD lights. When power came back, I tried to backup again to see if after completing the backup the phone will power on normally but no... It did not. What can I do to revive the phone? I now have two casualties, and many safaricom Neon ray stock ROMs found on many sites are scums, I bought them till I got tired. They are different phones packaged to look like Safaricom Neon ray. What next? Thanks.

disconnect / reconnect the battery of the backup phone then connect to a charging source and attempt to power it on

It surely came up, but restarts automatically after approximately every 2 minutes.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-06-2020, 11:21 AM
(27-06-2020, 12:52 PM)Dilone61
(24-06-2020, 10:14 AM)X3non [quote='Dilone61' pid='195704' dateline='1592936355']
I found another Safaricom Neon ray. As I was backing up, Power went, and I'm now left with a phone that can't power on, only LCD lights. When power came back, I tried to backup again to see if after completing the backup the phone will power on normally but no... It did not. What can I do to revive the phone? I now have two casualties, and many safaricom Neon ray stock ROMs found on many sites are scums, I bought them till I got tired. They are different phones packaged to look like Safaricom Neon ray. What next? Thanks.

/quote]

It surely came up, but restarts automatically after approximately every 2 minutes.

is the second phone able to boot to homescreen before rebooting? or stuck on logo?
have you tried factory resetting the phone?
Enockng
Enockng
Enockng
05-08-2020, 07:55 PM
Is there Neon Ray firmware flashable with spd flash tools without cm2?
Dilone61
Dilone61
Dilone61
Experienced Member
07-08-2020, 01:16 PM
(05-08-2020, 07:55 PM)Enockng Is there Neon Ray firmware flashable with spd flash tools without cm2?

yes.
Dilone61
Dilone61
Dilone61
Experienced Member
07-08-2020, 01:16 PM
(05-08-2020, 07:55 PM)Enockng Is there Neon Ray firmware flashable with spd flash tools without cm2?

yes.
Enockng
Enockng
Enockng
07-08-2020, 11:19 PM

Dilone61
Enockng Is there Neon Ray firmware flashable with spd flash tools without cm2?

yes.
Where can to get it? I have wasted a lot. For many of them found at online are just scums.
This post was last modified: 07-08-2020, 11:20 PM by Enockng.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next