Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Help on Infinix hote note
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Help on Infinix hote note

[Please help] Help on Infinix hote note

adepeter
adepeter
adepeter
Techie Member
19-05-2015, 04:23 PM

Dear hovatek, i just bought my Infinix hot note, i have upgraded the fone to the latest update. After all this updates, i then rooted it to avoid boot looping which some Infinix Hot users do complain of.

The only thing i ve done on the fone is rooting.
I ve not install busybox on it.
I ve not flashed in CWM to d fone.

My main question now is that: now that i ve rooted it, if a new UPDATE pops up, what should I do?
Should I unroot it back & delete the KINGUSER app then proceed to updating it

Or

Should i just UNROOT den UPDATE the ROM.?

YOUR HELP & ASSISTANCE NEEDED. i dont wanna fall a victim of bootlooping.....
This post was last modified: 19-05-2015, 04:28 PM by adepeter.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-05-2015, 07:05 PM
(19-05-2015, 04:23 PM)adepeter Dear hovatek, i just bought my Infinix hot note, i have upgraded the fone to the latest update. After all this updates, i then rooted it to avoid boot looping which some Infinix Hot users do complain of.

My main question now is that: now that i ve rooted it, if a new UPDATE pops up, what should I do?

Or

you're lucky you didnt get a brick after the first update. many unrooted hot notes have got bricked that way. if you wish to flash another update, you could unroot before flashing just to play things safe

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
adepeter
adepeter
adepeter
Techie Member
19-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Ok.... Lucky me...

Should I proceed to flash in CWM & backup the current ROM or i should leave the stock RECOVERY IMG incase if there is any update.?
adepeter
adepeter
adepeter
Techie Member
19-05-2015, 08:20 PM
My reasons for asking all dis is that i don't wanna loose 24,500# just like dat.

If i unroot but cwm is flashed in & later i updated the SOFTWARE, wont it brick it?

Or should I just unroot without flashing CWM incase if there is any update?
aceinc
aceinc
aceinc
Enthusiastic Member
20-05-2015, 04:34 AM

No need flashing a cwm... It's very hard to replace it with stock recovery.... Rather just get an MTK backup as it is handy.... As for rooting.... the update will apply once you unroot

Sent from my Infinix X507 using Hovatek mobile
This post was last modified: 20-05-2015, 04:35 AM by aceinc.
adepeter
adepeter
adepeter
Techie Member
20-05-2015, 08:41 AM
@ aceinc, i dont get you too much. Xplain beta pls. Hovatek, pls come in
adepeter
adepeter
adepeter
Techie Member
20-05-2015, 09:57 AM
(19-05-2015, 07:05 PM)hovatek
(19-05-2015, 04:23 PM)adepeter Dear hovatek, i just bought my Infinix hot note, i have upgraded the fone to the latest update. After all this updates, i then rooted it to avoid boot looping which some Infinix Hot users do complain of.

Or

you're lucky you didnt get a brick after the first update. many unrooted hot notes have got bricked that way. if you wish to flash another update, you could unroot before flashing just to play things safe

Pls,  hovatek reply to aceinc text. I dont understand too well
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-05-2015, 02:55 PM
(20-05-2015, 08:41 AM)adepeter @ aceinc, i dont get you too much. Xplain beta pls. Hovatek, pls come in
he's asking you to stick to your stock recovery instead of flashing cwm (to make updates smoother)
also, unroot before you do an OTA upgrade
backup your phone using this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html to make it easy to recover
This post was last modified: 20-05-2015, 02:57 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
adepeter
adepeter
adepeter
Techie Member
20-05-2015, 03:08 PM
(20-05-2015, 02:55 PM)hovatek
(20-05-2015, 08:41 AM)adepeter @ aceinc, i dont get you too much. Xplain beta pls. Hovatek, pls come in
he's asking you to stick to your stock recovery instead of flashing cwm (to make updates smoother)
also, unroot before you do an OTA upgrade
backup your phone using this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html to make it easy to recover

Thanks @hovatek....