Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Create TWRP recovery for Samsung Tab A8 SM-T290
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Create TWRP recovery for Samsung Tab A8 SM-T290

Create TWRP recovery for Samsung Tab A8 SM-T290

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-07-2020, 09:08 AM

(20-07-2020, 02:57 PM)Reick this twrp so far was the only one I saw booting, but we have two problems, the first is that it is for a variant of mine the T295, but that I believe to port to the T290 is easy, because the two are identical.  second, this Twrp can't mount anything, just start on the TWRP home screen, fix the recovery so it doesn't go out on its own, but it doesn't do anything for not being able to mount the partitions, if it can fix this flaws and change the data to T290, I  I have faith that it should work

we'll see soon enough
try the new twrp @ https://mega.nz/file/4yw2UKaI#7pKOkno_a2...urtb4W3-qY
btw you never gave any update on the first that was made...still awaiting the outcome
Reick
Reick
Reick
Enthusiastic Member
21-07-2020, 11:31 AM
(21-07-2020, 09:08 AM)X3non
(20-07-2020, 02:57 PM)Reick this twrp so far was the only one I saw booting, but we have two problems, the first is that it is for a variant of mine the T295, but that I believe to port to the T290 is easy, because the two are identical.  second, this Twrp can't mount anything, just start on the TWRP home screen, fix the recovery so it doesn't go out on its own, but it doesn't do anything for not being able to mount the partitions, if it can fix this flaws and change the data to T290, I  I have faith that it should work

we'll see soon enough
try the new twrp @ https://mega.nz/file/4yw2UKaI#7pKOkno_a2...urtb4W3-qY
btw you never gave any update on the first that was made...still awaiting the outcome

oh, I'm sorry for that, you're helping me so much that I'm even embarrassed for forgetting this, unfortunately I don't know anything about error logs to show you, what I could do, and what I was able to do I did  , which suggested to me I unfortunately do not go up to do so I didn’t leave the first attempt, I’m believing that the problem may even be my kernel compiler, because I went to edit this T295 twrp and it just stopped working and it didn’t  I got in more, so I have my hands tied.  The great pro here is to enter Twrp, he is always replaced by the factory, and this is what happened to the two who sent me, that is, I couldn't even test it Sad
Reick
Reick
Reick
Enthusiastic Member
21-07-2020, 05:50 PM
same problem, I don't know what happens, I think I'm going to leave this Rom, it must be her, no matter what I do, even if I manage to install it, whenever I try to start Twrp it is replaced by recovery Stock.  oh and your files didn't work, I had to use another vbmeta, and modify the binary to be able to install.
Reick
Reick
Reick
Enthusiastic Member
22-07-2020, 05:57 AM

they gave me a light, apparently the way you force yourself to enter Twrp is very complicated, but it is functional, with this step by step in hand I can test the TWRPs, I thank you for your help and patience, now just wait and I'll wait for you  give feedback as soon as possible on which TWRPs are most functional, thank you very much Smile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-07-2020, 08:36 AM

(21-07-2020, 11:31 AM)Reick ... The great pro here is to enter Twrp, he is always replaced by the factory, and this is what happened to the two who sent me, that is, I couldn't even test it Sad

before you flash with odin, untick the checkbox for "auto reboot" in options, when flashing is complete then disconnect the phone and boot straight into twrp
if you make a mistake and boot to normal, then stock recovery returns and you have to repeat the procedure

OR, root your device using magisk then use a root file manager to delete recovery-from-boot.p from within /system then flash twrp and you can boot to recovery using any method (adb or hardware keys)
Reick
Reick
Reick
Enthusiastic Member
22-07-2020, 02:23 PM
(22-07-2020, 08:36 AM)X3non
(21-07-2020, 11:31 AM)Reick ... The great pro here is to enter Twrp, he is always replaced by the factory, and this is what happened to the two who sent me, that is, I couldn't even test it Sad

before you flash with odin, untick the checkbox for "auto reboot" in options, when flashing is complete then disconnect the phone and boot straight into twrp
if you make a mistake and boot to normal, then stock recovery returns and you have to repeat the procedure

OR, root your device using magisk then use a root file manager to delete recovery-from-boot.p from within /system then flash twrp and you can boot to recovery using any method (adb or hardware keys)

thanks

i try this to, later

"To install:
1. unzip twrp.zip; you now have a twrp.tar file.
2. use ODIN to install it; uncheck auto reboot
3. after flash, press vol dwn + pwr key until screen goes blank, then quickly press vol up.
after msg about boot loader being unlocked, press pwr, then quickly press vol up + pwr.
After reboot, When screen goes show bootloader unlocked message, press pwr, then qickly press vol up.
That should take you into TWRP. It's a pain to get into TWRP from download mode, but the steps work."
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-07-2020, 09:13 AM
(22-07-2020, 02:23 PM)Reick

thanks

i try this to, later

"To install:
3. after flash, press vol dwn + pwr key until screen goes blank, then quickly press vol up.
after msg about boot loader being unlocked, press pwr, then quickly press vol up + pwr.
After reboot, When screen goes show bootloader unlocked message, press pwr, then qickly press vol up.
That should take you into TWRP. It's a pain to get into TWRP from download mode, but the steps work."

great, so which of the two twrp recoveries worked for you?
Reick
Reick
Reick
Enthusiastic Member
23-07-2020, 05:30 PM
(23-07-2020, 09:13 AM)X3non
(22-07-2020, 02:23 PM)Reick

thanks

i try this to, later

"To install:

great, so which of the two twrp recoveries worked for you?

come on, let me explain to you what situation I find myself in, yesterday just before I saw the tips on how to install TWRP, I upgraded to Android 10, and now all this Twrp that I did and the ones that I did also do not work  more.  Since this system on Android 10 is better and more fluid, I'll stay on it, and try to port Twrp using the new files, ok?  when I can I will send you the new files of the new system
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-07-2020, 10:35 AM
(23-07-2020, 05:30 PM)Reick come on, let me explain to you what situation I find myself in, yesterday just before I saw the tips on how to install TWRP, I upgraded to Android 10, and now all this Twrp that I did and the ones that I did also do not work  more.  Since this system on Android 10 is better and more fluid, I'll stay on it, and try to port Twrp using the new files, ok?  when I can I will send you the new files of the new system

You'll need to provide Android 10 files though TWRP might not be as likely to work yet

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Reick
Reick
Reick
Enthusiastic Member
01-08-2020, 01:12 AM

(27-07-2020, 10:35 AM)hovatek
(23-07-2020, 05:30 PM)Reick come on, let me explain to you what situation I find myself in, yesterday just before I saw the tips on how to install TWRP, I upgraded to Android 10, and now all this Twrp that I did and the ones that I did also do not work  more.  Since this system on Android 10 is better and more fluid, I'll stay on it, and try to port Twrp using the new files, ok?  when I can I will send you the new files of the new system

You'll need to provide Android 10 files though TWRP might not be as likely to work yet
ok, i'm sending you, i'm trying to route this new version of Android 10, sorry about anything, the weather is very busy here. 

Android 10 was downloading faster, but I managed to get back to 9, the problem is the bootloader version, now it's 3, so I can't flash the files, so I'll send you the new ones as soon as possible, ignore  the files given for Android 10
This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 06:32 PM by Reick.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next