Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Infinix Hot 8 Lite TWRP Boot Loop
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix Hot 8 Lite TWRP Boot Loop

Infinix Hot 8 Lite TWRP Boot Loop

survivor
survivor
survivor
17-07-2020, 11:47 AM

Hello,

I was hoping someone is going to help me with my problem. 
I rooted my Infinix Hot 8 Lite using Magisk and this is what I did. 
I unlocked the bootloader and flash TWRP unofficial recovery. And I flashed Magisk 19.4 from TWRP. And everything was fine until I decided to install OTA update that was bugging me to reboot. After I decided to install OTA and the phone rebooted, it booted into TWRP recovery since I have replaced the stock recovery. As you understand that the stock recovery will install the update and rebooted, TWRP don’t understand what to do in this case and the phone is stuck in boot loop to recovery. I made a mistake of not doing NAND backup after installing TWRP custom recovery and now I don’t know what to do. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Infinix Hot 8 Lite
X650-H8029AB-OGo-200102V294
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-07-2020, 07:06 PM
(17-07-2020, 11:47 AM)survivor Hello,

I unlocked the bootloader and flash TWRP unofficial recovery. And I flashed Magisk 19.4 from TWRP. And everything was fine until I decided to install OTA update that was bugging me to reboot. After I decided to install OTA and the phone rebooted, it booted into TWRP recovery since I have replaced the stock recovery. As you understand that the stock recovery will install the update and rebooted, TWRP don’t understand what to do in this case and the phone is stuck in boot loop to recovery. I made a mistake of not doing NAND backup after installing TWRP custom recovery and now I don’t know what to do. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Infinix Hot 8 Lite

you are not meant to OTA update your device while having root and twrp installed, that's a ticket to getting a bricked phone
download and flash stock rom @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32545.html
survivor
survivor
survivor
18-07-2020, 12:00 PM
(17-07-2020, 07:06 PM)X3non

Infinix Hot 8 Lite

you are not meant to OTA update your device while having root and twrp installed, that's a ticket to getting a bricked phone
download and flash stock rom @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32545.html

Thank you. I have downloaded and installed the ROM. At first I was skeptical if it was going to work since that rom is not the same version with the one that used to be on my phone. But it works and I have it rooted again.

There’s another thing. Do you have any idea why the OTG may not be working fine? One minute it will be detected and another minute it will disappear. Is there any fix for that?
This post was last modified: 18-07-2020, 12:08 PM by survivor.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-07-2020, 11:09 PM
(18-07-2020, 12:00 PM)survivor ...There’s another thing. Do you have any idea why the OTG may not be working fine? One minute it will be detected and another minute it will disappear. Is there any fix for that?

clean out the usb port on the phone with methylated spirit
MikeBrown254
MikeBrown254
MikeBrown254
22-11-2020, 02:36 AM

Bro can u send me the link of the recovery img that u flashed in your hot 8 lite..i have been searching for one bro
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-11-2020, 09:16 AM
(22-11-2020, 02:36 AM)MikeBrown254 Bro can u send me the link of the recovery img that u flashed in your hot 8 lite..i have been searching for one bro

it is best you use recovery for the build number of your device
you could attempt porting twrp using the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html
okoye.innocent56
okoye.innocent56
okoye.innocent56
29-11-2020, 12:30 AM

Infinix Hot 8 Lite

Please can you drop your Whatsapp no or chat me on 08164696476
I want to know how you rooted your hot 8 with magisk cos my hot 8 is not rooting with the latest magisk

Thanks
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
30-03-2021, 09:36 AM
U caused it by ur self ,u cannot perform ota when u have magisk flash through recovery
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
30-03-2021, 09:41 AM
If u have file copy to from ur PC that will make otg not to work.the error is that if u format the drive with NFS mode it will not,make sure u format ur drive normally