Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android need help to revive my bricked Tecno WX3P (WX3P-H8017AB-N-170523V63)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

need help to revive my bricked Tecno WX3P (WX3P-H8017AB-N-170523V63)

need help to revive my bricked Tecno WX3P (WX3P-H8017AB-N-170523V63)

Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5 Next
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
Techie Member
17-07-2020, 02:24 PM

The phone started getting slow on Sunday. I initially thought killing background running apps, clearing internal storage cache, or restarting it will solve it as always. But it graduated from getting slow to hanging and freezing. It started freezing in less than 5 mins of switching it on or restarting it.

Then I booted into twrp custom recovery. I wiped  the dalvik and cache, but it was the same thing. Then I made the mistake of wiping the system  Sad and that was when it all began. As at then I didn't know wiping system means wiping OS.

So since then I've been looking for the system.img file to flash it with twrp, but I haven't seen that particular build no - (WX3P-H8017AB-N-170523V63). I've tried the 2nd one in this thread with build no. - Tecno WX3P  (WX3P-H8017AB-N-170829V142)  but it's not booting to home screen. It just gets stucked at tecno logo.

Pls I'll be very grateful if I can get help to fix this device. I've not used it for like 5 days now and it's affecting my business. I don't have money to get a better smartphone, if not I'll have changed it long before now.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-07-2020, 08:16 PM
(17-07-2020, 02:24 PM)DivergentSony The phone started getting slow on Sunday. I initially thought killing background running apps, clearing internal storage cache, or restarting it will solve it as always. But it graduated from getting slow to hanging and freezing. It started freezing in less than 5 mins of switching it on or restarting it.

Then I booted into twrp custom recovery. I wiped  the dalvik and cache, but it was the same thing. Then I made the mistake of wiping the system  Sad and that was when it all began. As at then I didn't know wiping system means wiping OS.

So since then I've been looking for the system.img file to flash it with twrp, but I haven't seen that particular build no - (WX3P-H8017AB-N-170523V63). I've tried the 2nd one in this thread with build no. - Tecno WX3P  (WX3P-H8017AB-N-170829V142)  but it's not booting to home screen. It just gets stucked at tecno logo.

Pls I'll be very grateful if I can get help to fix this device. I've not used it for like 5 days now and it's affecting my business. I don't have money to get a better smartphone, if not I'll have changed it long before now.

if you're going to try flashing system from a different build, you should flash boot, recovery and system. you can flash using sp flash tool
if flashing is successful, then attempt to boot to stock recovery mode and factory reset the phone then reboot to homescreen and check if it boots successfully

before flashing, you could make a full backup of the current os on the phone using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
Techie Member
18-07-2020, 12:51 AM
(17-07-2020, 08:16 PM)X3non
(17-07-2020, 02:24 PM)DivergentSony The phone started getting slow on Sunday. I initially thought killing background running apps, clearing internal storage cache, or restarting it will solve it as always. But it graduated from getting slow to hanging and freezing. It started freezing in less than 5 mins of switching it on or restarting it.

Using sp flash tool to flash

if you're going to try flashing system from a different build, you should flash boot, recovery and system. you can flash using sp flash tool
if flashing is successful, then attempt to boot to stock recovery mode and factory reset the phone then reboot to homescreen and check if it boots successfully

before flashing, you could make a full backup of the current os on the phone using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
Flashing with sp flash tool can't work since I can't activate usb debugging on it. Twrp is still the only means. Then secondly, flashing the stock recovery wipes away twrp. If I flash stock recovery too and the device doesn't boot to homescreen, that means I won't be able to do anything on the phone again. No more twrp recovery and I can't flash it back because I'll need usb debugging to be activated before I can flash it back using pc adb commands
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-07-2020, 09:52 AM
(18-07-2020, 12:51 AM)DivergentSony Flashing with sp flash tool can't work since I can't activate usb debugging on it. Twrp is still the only means. Then secondly, flashing the stock recovery wipes away twrp. If I flash stock recovery too and the device doesn't boot to homescreen, that means I won't be able to do anything on the phone again. No more twrp recovery and I can't flash it back because I'll need usb debugging to be activated before I can flash it back using pc adb commands

you clearly have used sp flash tool before, it doesn't require usb debugging. see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html and read my full reply which contains a link to backup the current os (including twrp)
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
Techie Member
19-07-2020, 05:50 PM

(18-07-2020, 09:52 AM)X3non
(18-07-2020, 12:51 AM)DivergentSony Flashing with sp flash tool can't work since I can't activate usb debugging on it. Twrp is still the only means. Then secondly, flashing the stock recovery wipes away twrp. If I flash stock recovery too and the device doesn't boot to homescreen, that means I won't be able to do anything on the phone again. No more twrp recovery and I can't flash it back because I'll need usb debugging to be activated before I can flash it back using pc adb commands

you clearly have used sp flash tool before, it doesn't require usb debugging. see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html and read my full reply which contains a link to backup the current os (including twrp)
Is it because it's a different build no. that I'm flashing that I must I flash the stock recovery.img file?

And is it a must I use sp flash tool to do the flashing for it to work? Can't twrp recovery achieve the same result? My laptop just turned to a tv that can go off during flashing with SP flash tool

Then lastly, If I eventually flash with SP flash tool and it doesn't work, how will I flash back the twrp recovery to a bricked or maybe phone
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-07-2020, 09:01 AM
(19-07-2020, 05:50 PM)DivergentSony Is it because it's a different build no. that I'm flashing that I must I flash the stock recovery.img file?

No, stock recovery is necessary cause only stock recovery can be relied on to factory reset (basically wipe userdata partition) without problems
different build requires boot and system

(19-07-2020, 05:50 PM)DivergentSony And is it a must I use sp flash tool to do the flashing for it to work? Can't twrp recovery achieve the same result? My laptop just turned to a tv that can go off during flashing with SP flash tool

No, twrp can be used for flashing but for the reasons given above, stock recovery must be used for factory reset
So basically if you're going to flash recovery, simply flash all 3 partitions using spft

(19-07-2020, 05:50 PM)DivergentSony Then lastly, If I eventually flash with SP flash tool and it doesn't work, how will I flash back the twrp recovery to a bricked or maybe phone

similar way you flashed the stock recovery.
from your backup, flash back only the recovery file
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
Techie Member
20-07-2020, 09:43 AM
(20-07-2020, 09:01 AM)X3non similar way you flashed the stock recovery.
from your backup, flash back only the recovery file

Ok thanks. Pls one last question? Concerning firmware backup, the phone doesn't have an OS and I have the twrp image in my laptop. Is there any need of going through the rigorous stress of trying to use miraclebox to back it up?
Moreover, I think I read something like the miraclebox stuff needs an hardware stuff to work which I don't have
This post was last modified: 20-07-2020, 09:44 AM by DivergentSony.
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
Techie Member
20-07-2020, 04:00 PM
Then I just tried using sp flash tool to flash one of the Tecno WX3P firmware builds that was posted in the forum 3 years ago, but I got ERROR: ?? (3)
which means "There's a problem with the format of the scatter file or file(s) being flashed. An example is trying to flash .bin files using SP Flash Tool" according to the sp flash tool error list posts - https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html.

Does it mean the Tecno WX3P firmware builds that were posted in the forum 3 years ago can't be flashed to my phone with Sp flash tool? or is it that I have to rename the files I want to flash from .bin to .img?
This post was last modified: 20-07-2020, 11:21 PM by DivergentSony.
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
Techie Member
20-07-2020, 11:19 PM
UPDATE: Sp flash tool is not working to flash the firmware. I even renamed the .bin files that I want to flash to .img files, it's telling me ERROR: ??3? on both occasions.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-07-2020, 09:10 AM

(20-07-2020, 04:00 PM)DivergentSony Then I just tried using sp flash tool to flash one of the Tecno WX3P firmware builds that was posted in the forum 3 years ago, but I got ERROR: ?? (3)
which means "There's a problem with the format of the scatter file or file(s) being flashed. An example is trying to flash .bin files using SP Flash Tool" according to the sp flash tool error list posts - https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html.

Does it mean the Tecno WX3P firmware builds that were posted in the forum 3 years ago can't be flashed to my phone with Sp flash tool? or is it that I have to rename the files I want to flash from .bin to .img?

(20-07-2020, 11:19 PM)DivergentSony UPDATE: Sp flash tool is not working to flash the firmware. I even renamed the .bin files that I want to flash to .img files, it's telling me ERROR: ??3? on both occasions.

the firmware you downloaded is marked with [miracle box], you're meant to flash such using miracle box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5 Next