Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Infinix S4 x626 Bootloop
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix S4 x626 Bootloop

Infinix S4 x626 Bootloop

MirzaGhalib
MirzaGhalib
MirzaGhalib
Enthusiastic Member
18-07-2020, 12:47 PM

I first unlocked the bootloader and then flashed twrp (both via ADB commands). Phone went on a bootloop. Downloaded the stock firmware from hovatek (the only stock rom that worked). Phone was in orange state till then

After phone booted in stock I unlocked the bootloader via adb commands without any problem. Then I installed magisk patched boot.img too and got root access as well. But everytime I install twrp recovery.img via adb it goes into bootloop.

There is another way to install twrp.img from the phone itself which needs root access (flashify method). I did it too but again phone went on a bootloop.

After all these steps, I tried flashing the empty vbmeta.img I found from both xda and hovatek. Neither of them worked

My phone's stock vbmeta.img is not named as vbmeta_signed.img and yet the empty vbmeta img is not working

Note : I was able to root without flashing vbmeta.img

But flashing vbmeta had no effect on twrp issue. It went on bootloop regardless.

I have also used hovatek application to make twrp recovery for my phone and it still went on a bootloop (again, with/without flashing vbmeta)
This post was last modified: 18-07-2020, 12:52 PM by MirzaGhalib.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-07-2020, 11:15 PM
(18-07-2020, 12:47 PM)MirzaGhalib I first unlocked the bootloader and then flashed twrp (both via ADB commands). Phone went on a bootloop. Downloaded the stock firmware from hovatek (the only stock rom that worked). Phone was in orange state till then

After phone booted in stock I unlocked the bootloader via adb commands without any problem. Then I installed magisk patched boot.img too and got root access as well. But everytime I install twrp recovery.img via adb it goes into bootloop.

There is another way to install twrp.img from the phone itself which needs root access (flashify method). I did it too but again phone went on a bootloop.

After all these steps, I tried flashing the empty vbmeta.img I found from both xda and hovatek. Neither of them worked

My phone's stock vbmeta.img is not named as vbmeta_signed.img and yet the empty vbmeta img is not working

Note : I was able to root without flashing vbmeta.img

But flashing vbmeta had no effect on twrp issue. It went on bootloop regardless.

I have also used hovatek application to make twrp recovery for my phone and it still went on a bootloop (again, with/without flashing vbmeta)

zip and upload your stock recovery.img then post the link here
also state the build number of the phone and the command you used to flash the twrp
MirzaGhalib
MirzaGhalib
MirzaGhalib
Enthusiastic Member
22-07-2020, 12:46 PM
This is not the stock rom my phone came with. I've seen more than one difference between the one I used to use before and the one I flashed which was downloaded from hovatek forum itself (my original rom came with "AI gallery" installed, this rom doesn't have the app. The alarm clock interface is a bit different too).

I wanna know if the build number changed? I never paid attention to my build number and never wrote it down before experimenting Sad

I'm sorry if my question is stupid to you.
This post was last modified: 22-07-2020, 12:56 PM by MirzaGhalib.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-07-2020, 09:10 AM
(22-07-2020, 12:46 PM)MirzaGhalib This is not the stock rom my phone came with. I've seen more than one difference between the one I used to use before and the one I flashed which was downloaded from hovatek forum itself (my original rom came with "AI gallery" installed, this rom doesn't have the app. The alarm clock interface is a bit different too).

I wanna know if the build number changed? I never paid attention to my build number and never wrote it down before experimenting Sad

I'm sorry if my question is stupid to you.

build number changes whenever you perform a software update
you have neither answered my question nor provided the stock recovery.img from your current build as requested
MirzaGhalib
MirzaGhalib
MirzaGhalib
Enthusiastic Member
31-07-2020, 07:13 PM

BUILD NUMBER - X626-H624JK-P-200508V412

Recovery img link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q8s3ML1...sp=sharing
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-08-2020, 02:03 PM
(31-07-2020, 07:13 PM)MirzaGhalib BUILD NUMBER - X626-H624JK-P-200508V412

try both TWRPs @ https://mega.nz/file/IZYiGYiC#_pIL4GdwZ4...H2hVw8G17U
ensure that your device is still having empty vbmeta before flashing
MirzaGhalib
MirzaGhalib
MirzaGhalib
Enthusiastic Member
04-08-2020, 07:14 AM
They gave an update 2 days ago. Now the build number is X626-H624JK-P-200612V417
Does the recovery img changes after the updates? I'm curious.
And I'm sorry I forgot to mention the commands I used. I've saved the commands in my laptop but it is kinda dead now so won't be able to do anything till it gets fixed.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-08-2020, 02:49 PM
(04-08-2020, 07:14 AM)MirzaGhalib They gave an update 2 days ago. Now the build number is X626-H624JK-P-200612V417
Does the recovery img changes after the updates? I'm curious.
And I'm sorry I forgot to mention the commands I used. I've saved the commands in my laptop but it is kinda dead now so won't be able to do anything till it gets fixed.

that depends on the kind of update that was pushed, in many cases it changes. you can only find out if the kernel has changes by flashing the previous recovery and if it fails to boot to recovery or causes bootloop then changes were made
if you have already updated the device then it's unlikely that the previous twrp ports will work, you should provide stock recovery for the current build number on the device and carry out the test while on the same build (not after you've updated the device)