Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Infinix note 5 stock rom back up
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix note 5 stock rom back up

Infinix note 5 stock rom back up

Uchemichael042
Uchemichael042
21-07-2020, 09:05 PM

I have downloaded the stock rom of infinix note 5 from this site but before flashing it, I want to do a backup of my phone should incase. Now I have gone through all the methods listed here including the WWR app with pc but I think I prefer using sp flash tool because am used to it. But the question I have nw is... Can I use the scatter file in the rom of the infinix note 5 i downloaded to do the read back in the scatter loading of the sp flash tool...

Secondly.. Which address or partition should I usr for a full rom backup.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-07-2020, 08:38 AM
(21-07-2020, 09:05 PM)Uchemichael042 I have downloaded the stock rom of infinix note 5 from this site but before flashing it, I want to do a backup of my phone should incase. Now I have gone through all the methods listed here including the WWR app with pc but I think I prefer using sp flash tool because am used to it. But the question I have nw is... Can I use the scatter file in the rom of the infinix note 5 i downloaded to do the read back in the scatter loading of the sp flash tool...

ideally yes, you can use scatter file from the firmware listed here then again you can easily generate one using wwr

(21-07-2020, 09:05 PM)Uchemichael042 Secondly.. Which address or partition should I usr for a full rom backup.

readback pgpt from your phone and supply the file to wwr. it'll tell the full emmc length
or you could connect your phone to wwr adb tab, amongst the info wwr outputs, emmc_user length should be included
either way, you should know that reading back full 32gb or 64gb depending on your phone will take a lot of hours and it may end up not completing. you might want to consider excluding cache and userdata from your backup and manually backup your files on the phone by copying them to the pc