Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android How can I force change itelP15 network mode from 3G/2G to 3G
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How can I force change itelP15 network mode from 3G/2G to 3G

How can I force change itelP15 network mode from 3G/2G to 3G

DivergentSony
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
Techie Member
10-08-2020, 04:25 PM

I just got one Android to be using for the time being till when I'll have money to buy a good smartphone and I just discovered that the phone's network mode doesn't have 3G only. it's only 2G and 3G/2G it has.

whenever I'm browsing and the network drops to Edge, internet speed is always low. Is there any way I can make the network mode to be on 3G only? I'm surprised such a phone running on Android 9 can't have 3G only network mode Sad
This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 04:47 PM by DivergentSony.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-08-2020, 09:33 AM
(10-08-2020, 04:25 PM)DivergentSony I just got one Android to be using for the time being till when I'll have money to buy a good smartphone and I just discovered that the phone's network mode doesn't have 3G only. it's only 2G and 3G/2G it has.

whenever I'm browsing and the network drops to Edge, internet speed is always low. Is there any way I can make the network mode to be on 3G only? I'm surprised such a phone running on Android 9 can't have 3G only network mode Sad

did you try *#*#4636#*#* > phone information > set preferred network type > WCDMA only ?
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
Techie Member
11-08-2020, 10:28 AM
Yes, thanks. I tried it when I saw it on Google yesterday and I. think it has been working fine so far.