Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Unable to unlock bootloader (OEM unlock disabled)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Unable to unlock bootloader (OEM unlock disabled)

[Please help] Unable to unlock bootloader (OEM unlock disabled)

darksider
darksider
darksider
17-08-2020, 03:11 PM

The phone (google pixel)  was working fine with the latest google stock android 10, i decided to lock the bootloader cuz the phone was getting overheated so i thought it'd be a good idea to lock the bootloader. Prior to do that, it asked me to erase everything! I erased everything and when i tried to reinstall the stock image it asked me to unlock the bootloader!!

The problem is that USB debugging isn't enabled and the phone is empty with no system!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-08-2020, 09:37 AM
(17-08-2020, 03:11 PM)darksider The phone (google pixel)  was working fine with the latest google stock android 10, i decided to lock the bootloader cuz the phone was getting overheated so i thought it'd be a good idea to lock the bootloader. Prior to do that, it asked me to erase everything! I erased everything and when i tried to reinstall the stock image it asked me to unlock the bootloader!!

The problem is that USB debugging isn't enabled and the phone is empty with no system!

try flashing a full OTA firmware rather than a fastboot flashable firmware
see https://developers.google.com/android/ota
darksider
darksider
darksider
18-08-2020, 08:08 PM
(18-08-2020, 09:37 AM)X3non
(17-08-2020, 03:11 PM)darksider The phone (google pixel)  was working fine with the latest google stock android 10, i decided to lock the bootloader cuz the phone was getting overheated so i thought it'd be a good idea to lock the bootloader. Prior to do that, it asked me to erase everything! I erased everything and when i tried to reinstall the stock image it asked me to unlock the bootloader!!

try flashing a full OTA firmware rather than a fastboot flashable firmware
see https://developers.google.com/android/ota

Thanks but I tried both OTA and factory image but they didn't work! it asked me to unlock OEM! :/
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-08-2020, 09:25 AM
(18-08-2020, 08:08 PM)darksider Thanks but I tried both OTA and factory image but they didn't work! it asked me to unlock OEM! :/

attach a screenshot showing what you did and error encountered when using the full OTA firmware