Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Lenovo M7 (TB-7305F) Android Go 1GB
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Lenovo M7 (TB-7305F) Android Go 1GB

Lenovo M7 (TB-7305F) Android Go 1GB

hw-schrauber
hw-schrauber
hw-schrauber
17-08-2020, 04:14 PM

Hi X3non,

I test your advice from a different Thread.

Step 1: I installed a fresh system
Step 2: Then I installed MAGISK
Step 3: Then I boot to the recovery with the Key-Combo, (checked that MAGISK is on)
Step 4: switch off and on again in fastboot-mode and
Step 5: reboot in to recovery-mode via fastboot reboot recovery
steg 6: switch off and on again in fastboot-mode and
Step 7: reboot into recovery-mode via fastboot oem reboot-recovery (like your advice)

In all three steps (3+5+7) the system starts in to the recovery and MAGISK is available.

Then I begin at step 1 again, only that I use the porter patched original recovery-sin. And be shure in all three steps (3,5, and7) the system starts normal.

To delete the recovery-from-boot.p I've never tested, because the routine to boot in to the recovery with fastboot or KeyCombo is correct working. So what can I do to bringup TWRP to this unit?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-08-2020, 12:57 PM
(17-08-2020, 04:14 PM)hw-schrauber Hi X3non,

Step 3: Then I boot to the recovery with the Key-Combo, (checked that MAGISK is on)
Step 7: reboot into recovery-mode via fastboot oem reboot-recovery (like your advice)

In all three steps (3+5+7) the system starts in to the recovery and MAGISK is available.

Then I begin at step 1 again, only that I use the porter patched original recovery-sin. And be shure in all three steps (3,5, and7) the system starts normal.

To delete the recovery-from-boot.p I've never tested, because the routine to boot in to the recovery with fastboot or KeyCombo is correct working. So what can I do to bringup TWRP to this unit?

How did you get the TWRP you used?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sevens7
sevens7
sevens7
27-02-2021, 03:22 PM
(24-08-2020, 12:57 PM)hovatek [quote="hw-schrauber" pid="199519" dateline="1597677266"]
Hi X3non,

Hi. How did you get a working recover.img?
As i patched recovery.img with magisk the patched.img can no flashed with fastboot. File is to large.
Seems that Magisk doesn´t patch it properly.
Please let me know more about your experiences.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-02-2021, 07:14 PM
(27-02-2021, 03:22 PM)sevens7 Hi. How did you get a working recover.img?
As i patched recovery.img with magisk the patched.img can no flashed with fastboot. File is to large.
Seems that Magisk doesn´t patch it properly.
Please let me know more about your experiences.

create a new thread for issue
in the new thread, confirm if you have unlocked bootloader and disabled dm_verity