Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android SP Flash tool does not accept MT6761 scatter file
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

SP Flash tool does not accept MT6761 scatter file

SP Flash tool does not accept MT6761 scatter file

danielxx
danielxx
danielxx
21-08-2020, 02:59 PM

I installed the latest version of SP flash tool and tried using it to flash my infinix hot 9 play when i received an error that "platform MT6761 does not support this version, try updating"....Since this was the latest version, i tried downgrading and trying again, it returned with an invalid scatter file error...How do i solve this

All error screenshots are below
Attached Files
.png
mtk2.PNG
Size: 7.59 KB / Downloads: 27
.png
mtk1.PNG
Size: 41.28 KB / Downloads: 22
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-08-2020, 10:40 AM
(21-08-2020, 02:59 PM)danielxx I installed the latest version of SP flash tool and tried using it to flash my infinix hot 9 play when i received an error that "platform MT6761 does not support this version, try updating"....Since this was the latest version, i tried downgrading and trying again, it returned with an invalid scatter file error...How do i solve this

All error screenshots are below

you're using an old version, download latest version @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13970.html
danielxx
danielxx
danielxx
22-08-2020, 04:09 PM
Tha ks a lot X3non
... I installed the latest version and it accepted the scatter file... The problem now is that I cannot flash the modified boot image to the boot partition as it always give me an error as if there is a locked bootloader... But for system less root.,i don't think I need to unlock the bootloader right?

I have done the following things

- enabled OEM unlocking in developer settings
- enabled USB debugging for my pc
- I stalled all the drivers on my pc and it recognizes my device very well

What else do you think I am missing??
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
22-08-2020, 10:08 PM
(22-08-2020, 04:09 PM)danielxx Tha ks a lot X3non
... I installed the latest version and it accepted the scatter file... The problem now is that I cannot flash the modified boot image to the boot partition as it always give me an error as if there is a locked bootloader... But for system less root.,i don't think I need to unlock the bootloader right?

I have done the following things

- enabled OEM unlocking in developer settings
- enabled USB debugging for my pc
- I stalled all the drivers on my pc and it recognizes my device very well

What else do you think I am missing??

to reduce the chances of brick, unlock the bootloader and flash the modified boot via fastboot
also flash empty vbmeta @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32719.html and ensure the phone can boot to homescreen before flashing the boot.img
This post was last modified: 24-08-2020, 02:34 AM by X3non.