Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Bricked Teclast P80x
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Bricked Teclast P80x

Bricked Teclast P80x

sp0o0k
sp0o0k
sp0o0k
18-09-2020, 10:51 AM

I tried flashing it with magisk using the guide found in the site (which is really helpful by the way), now the tablet won't even turn on. Can't even use it with the upgrade tool. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-09-2020, 09:00 AM
(18-09-2020, 10:51 AM)sp0o0k I tried flashing it with magisk using the guide found in the site (which is really helpful by the way), now the tablet won't even turn on. Can't even use it with the upgrade tool. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Explain exactly what you did in detail

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sp0o0k
sp0o0k
sp0o0k
19-09-2020, 09:05 AM
So unlocked the bootloader and it worked, I move on tonthe flashing the signed magisk file. I've used the stock recovery on the cannary magisk build and signed it after using the guide. After that, I've tried the power off method using the upgradedownload tool. After it turned off, it won't power off again even connecting the charger won't ahow the charging animation. Hope that helps
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-09-2020, 08:11 AM
(19-09-2020, 09:05 AM)sp0o0k So unlocked the bootloader and it worked, I move on tonthe flashing the signed magisk file. I've used the stock recovery on the cannary magisk build and signed it after using the guide. After that, I've tried the power off method using the upgradedownload tool. After it turned off, it won't power off again even connecting the charger won't ahow the charging animation. Hope that helps

You probably did something wrong. Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html . You'll have to keep charging till it comes back to life or leave it a few days to drain then charge
1. Did you create and flash a custom signed vbmeta?
2. Since you're using canary build, patch boot instead of recovery, this wouldn't need the power off trick
This post was last modified: 20-09-2020, 08:12 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sp0o0k
sp0o0k
sp0o0k
20-09-2020, 01:17 PM

That's what probably I did wrong. I flashed the signed magisk file to the recovery instead of boot. I'll wait for a few days to let the battery drain and will try again. This time I will use the stock boot image on canary build of magisk and will flash it on boot. And yes, I do have a signed vbmeta which i created using the guide on this awesome site. If the unit still won't turn on after a couple of days, I will try to open it up and remove the battery. I'll just have to search for aguide to opening up a teclast p80x.
This post was last modified: 20-09-2020, 01:17 PM by sp0o0k.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-09-2020, 05:20 AM
(20-09-2020, 01:17 PM)sp0o0k That's what probably I did wrong. I flashed the signed magisk file to the recovery instead of boot. I'll wait for a few days to let the battery drain and will try again. This time I will use the stock boot image on canary build of magisk and will flash it on boot. And yes, I do have a signed vbmeta which i created using the guide on this awesome site. If the unit still won't turn on after a couple of days, I will try to open it up and remove the battery. I'll just have to search for aguide to opening up a teclast p80x.

OK. Give it a couple of days. 
When it comes up, stick to fastboot for flashing these modified images. Using SPD flash tools is asking for trouble

Note!