Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Teclast P80X Root
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Teclast P80X Root

Teclast P80X Root

matjesreloaded
matjesreloaded
24-09-2020, 10:38 AM

Hi

I own a Teclast P80x G5K6 and i wanna root the Tablet. I found your Guides and I wanna try.

Problem I cant get a boot.img for my device. Teclast link on website is down. Only Firmware i can get is for Model P80X G5K4 or model P80X G5K5

The question is can i take the boot.img from one of these devices ? Or is it possible to extract boot.img from Tablet?

Thank You
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-09-2020, 06:20 AM
(24-09-2020, 10:38 AM)matjesreloaded Hi

I own a Teclast P80x G5K6 and i wanna root the Tablet. I found your Guides and I wanna try.

Problem I cant get a boot.img for my device. Teclast link on website is down. Only Firmware i can get is for Model P80X G5K4 or model P80X G5K5

The question is can i take the boot.img from one of these devices ? Or is it possible to extract boot.img from Tablet?

Thank You

I wouldn't advise you to use their boot.img. If you must use any file from either, I suggest you use recovery.img instead .
The idea is to try our TWRP @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32735.html (then do a full backup) Or you patch the stock recovery.img using magisk manager and use it to obtain root.

The reason its safer to go with recovery.img and recovery partition to gain root (instead of boot) in your case is that even if something goes wrong, recovery-from-boot.p in /system will overwrite the recovery you flashed upon boot so you'll be back to stock

Hope you know you need to sign the TWRP or magisk patched recovery and have flashed custom signed vbmeta before flashing it
This post was last modified: 25-09-2020, 06:24 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
matjesreloaded
matjesreloaded
25-09-2020, 01:31 PM
Thank you for support :-)

My Plan is to install your TWRP make a full Backup and then extract Boot.img

Patch the Boot.img and finaly geting root.

The Installation Routine is the same like i patch the recovery.img right?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-09-2020, 10:38 AM
(25-09-2020, 01:31 PM)matjesreloaded Thank you for support :-)

My Plan is to install your TWRP make a full Backup and then extract Boot.img

Patch the Boot.img and finaly geting root.

The Installation Routine is the same like i patch the recovery.img right?

Yes, only difference is that you'll enter TWRP instead of straight to home screen with root.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
matjesreloaded
matjesreloaded
26-09-2020, 02:04 PM

New Problem Sad

To create a custom signed vbmeta.img I need a
"vbmeta-sign.img extracted from a pac file for your model"
Where can I get the File when I Have no Firmware to download?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-09-2020, 09:19 AM
(26-09-2020, 02:04 PM)matjesreloaded New Problem Sad

you could try writing to teclast support, see if they can help you with a link to this firmware build
OR try backup using a hardware dongle tool such as cm2 dongle, latest spd module @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-36704.html
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-09-2020, 07:34 PM
(26-09-2020, 02:04 PM)matjesreloaded New Problem Sad

If you're willing to risk it, you could try the pac file of any P80x firmware you can find. What you need is the FDL (you might be lucky for the fdls to support your variant)
You can then backup your firmware using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31800.html

Note!