Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android bricked unlocked redmi6 - is there way to flash preload.bin without SP flash tool?
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

bricked unlocked redmi6 - is there way to flash preload.bin without SP flash tool?

bricked unlocked redmi6 - is there way to flash preload.bin without SP flash tool?

s7evie
s7evie
s7evie
Enthusiastic Member
05-10-2020, 12:17 AM

hi, i have bricked a redmi 6, unlocked, rooted, twrp (LR.Team 3.3.0-0423) and oreo custom rom.

after having flashed a pie custom rom i remebered that i red somewhere that i could not flash pie roms without a 3.3.1 twrp. so trying to roll back i made a factory reset and stupidly rebooted in fastboot mode trying to follow on upgrading twrp.
i'm not an expert and not sure what happend but probably the oreo preload_cereus.bin has been replaced from the pie preload.bin but the result is that i can find no way to enter in fastboot or recovery anymore

so now olny black screen with vibraton each 20 sec (or if i plug usb with plugged battery less seconds - 5?)

unplugging battery and usb connecting device gets detected from win pc only for 2 secs and after gets lost (this short detection happens only keeping pressed vol+, and for this short time appears in ports (com and lpt) a mediatek usb port on com3 (or comm4 or 5 if i change usb place)- the white led keeps lightened).

if i plug with pwr and vol- it seems that nothing happens and the lightend led turns off after 20secs

anyway no devices are shown with adb devices or fastboot devices in any of the the above cases

no sp flash tool, spmdt or anything i tried worked (and win sp flash tool error is STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (0xC0060005) for the required authorized service account).

if it's not the only way i really don't care about reflashing miui, first because i hate it, second because i dont want to risk wasting months again for their kind permission to unlock again the phone i own.

so since my goal is only to access to fastboot or recovery to flash a pie rom, anyone knows if there is a way to replace the preload file or any other way to proceed (hopefully without taking it to a service center or paying unknown ppl to access to your pc and fix the phone with their authorized service account and begin that irritating unlock procedure again)?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-10-2020, 01:15 PM
(05-10-2020, 12:17 AM)s7evie ...

if the DA file @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23776.html doesn't work for your device then you'll definitely need a service center or authorized account
s7evie
s7evie
s7evie
Enthusiastic Member
05-10-2020, 09:31 PM
(05-10-2020, 01:15 PM)X3non

if the DA file @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23776.html doesn't work for your device then you'll definitely need a service center or authorized account
s7evie
s7evie
s7evie
Enthusiastic Member
05-10-2020, 09:32 PM
(05-10-2020, 09:31 PM)s7evie
(05-10-2020, 01:15 PM)X3non

great i'll surely give it a try thanks for now