Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Need Help with TWRP issues
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Need Help with TWRP issues

Need Help with TWRP issues

AtheneML
AtheneML
AtheneML
Enthusiastic Member
09-10-2020, 07:59 PM

Hi me again, i need assistance, I have ported a TWRP  using the Auto port tool, It seems to work fine when it comes to the main purpose of the recovery the only issue is that it doesnt boot normally, It just bricks the device, it boots only recpvery mode when flashing it so I have to go back and flash stock recovery to boot, as well I have to wipe data before using the TWRP due it just refuses too boot on recovery as well that it doesnt detect my data partition if i dont clean it through TWRP, I have already flashed the dm-verity file to see if it correct it but nothing works I have already removed the vbmeta verification succesfully, as well all partition are correctly placed on recovery.fstab

My device:

Motorola One Macro
MT6771V(Helio P70)
4GB RAM
Android 9.0
A/B Partition system
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-10-2020, 01:17 PM
(09-10-2020, 07:59 PM)AtheneML Hi me again, i need assistance, I have ported a TWRP  using the Auto port tool, It seems to work fine when it comes to the main purpose of the recovery the only issue is that it doesnt boot normally, It just bricks the device, it boots only recpvery mode when flashing it so I have to go back and flash stock recovery to boot,

you have the option to boot the recovery without flashing it
"fastboot boot twrp.img"

(09-10-2020, 07:59 PM)AtheneML as well I have to wipe data before using the TWRP due it just refuses too boot on recovery as well that it doesnt detect my data partition if i dont clean it through TWRP, I have already flashed the dm-verity file to see if it correct it but nothing works I have already removed the vbmeta verification succesfully, as well all partition are correctly placed on recovery.fstab

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-30160.html ; other methods for data decryption
AtheneML
AtheneML
AtheneML
Enthusiastic Member
10-10-2020, 01:29 PM
(10-10-2020, 01:17 PM)X3non
(09-10-2020, 07:59 PM)AtheneML Hi me again, i need assistance, I have ported a TWRP  using the Auto port tool, It seems to work fine when it comes to the main purpose of the recovery the only issue is that it doesnt boot normally, It just bricks the device, it boots only recpvery mode when flashing it so I have to go back and flash stock recovery to boot,

you have the option to boot the recovery without flashing it
"fastboot boot twrp.img"

(09-10-2020, 07:59 PM)AtheneML as well I have to wipe data before using the TWRP due it just refuses too boot on recovery as well that it doesnt detect my data partition if i dont clean it through TWRP, I have already flashed the dm-verity file to see if it correct it but nothing works I have already removed the vbmeta verification succesfully, as well all partition are correctly placed on recovery.fstab

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-30160.html ; other methods for data decryption
I have checked on my device and my data partition is not Encrypted, as well I have checked with the command fastboot boot twrp.img but my device says that the command is not available so it doesnt let me only boot the image, I am just wondering what's going on on this device, haha it just makes me crazy this 

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-10-2020, 08:42 AM
(10-10-2020, 01:29 PM)AtheneML I have checked on my device and my data partition is not Encrypted, as well I have checked with the command fastboot boot twrp.img but my device says that the command is not available so it doesnt let me only boot the image, I am just wondering what's going on on this device, haha it just makes me crazy this 

how did you verify the non encrypted data? attach a screenshot also include a screenshot for the fastboot error message
This post was last modified: 12-10-2020, 08:42 AM by X3non.