Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android IMEI not showing in MTK Droid Tool & IMEI/NVRAM option not available
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

IMEI not showing in MTK Droid Tool & IMEI/NVRAM option not available

IMEI not showing in MTK Droid Tool & IMEI/NVRAM option not available

HowleR
HowleR
HowleR
11-10-2020, 09:31 AM

Hello people,

I have a Gionee P5W (informations in screenshot).
Last time, my smartphone's board (chip) got damaged and I replaced it with a new one.
Before, there was network ( SIM signal) in my device but after I changed chip, there is no network but sim card is detected.
I mean, sim card is detected but doesn't give network at all.
I at least know that it is not location or network provider's fault because it was working perfectly fine before.
So, I searched through the internet and was suggested to change IMEI, but before, I wanted to check details with MTK Droid Tools.
But when I opened MTK Droid Tools, my IMEI was not shown and IMEI/NVRAM option was not available. Maybe, it was the problem for no network because IMEI plays a vital role in network of device.
[Image: xaerHYx.png]
A screenshot is attached, please suggest me what is causing this error and what should I do to fix it?
Please help me, don't ignore!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-10-2020, 08:46 AM
(11-10-2020, 09:31 AM)HowleR Hello people,

I have a Gionee P5W (informations in screenshot).
Last time, my smartphone's board (chip) got damaged and I replaced it with a new one.
Before, there was network ( SIM signal) in my device but after I changed chip, there is no network but sim card is detected.
I mean, sim card is detected but doesn't give network at all.
I at least know that it is not location or network provider's fault because it was working perfectly fine before.
So, I searched through the internet and was suggested to change IMEI, but before, I wanted to check details with MTK Droid Tools.
But when I opened MTK Droid Tools, my IMEI was not shown and IMEI/NVRAM option was not available. Maybe, it was the problem for no network because IMEI plays a vital role in network of device.
[Image: xaerHYx.png]
A screenshot is attached, please suggest me what is causing this error and what should I do to fix it?
Please help me, don't ignore!

mtk droid tools doesn't fully support mt6580
changing imei doesn't fix no network
did you check if the imei and baseband on this device are both invalid and unknown? see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21069.html
HowleR
HowleR
HowleR
12-10-2020, 12:33 PM
Thanks for your fast reply!
But I checked both IMEI and BASEBAND are not invalid.
Why is this problem occuring? Both IMEI and BASEBAND are correct.
Any solutions left?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-10-2020, 10:06 AM
(12-10-2020, 12:33 PM)HowleR Thanks for your fast reply!
But I checked both IMEI and BASEBAND are not invalid.
Why is this problem occuring? Both IMEI and BASEBAND are correct.
Any solutions left?

try switching the device to 2G only and confirm if the device receive network signals or not, then also try 3G only