Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno Camon 15 Soft Brick
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Tecno Camon 15 Soft Brick

Tecno Camon 15 Soft Brick

CyberSinister
CyberSinister
CyberSinister
Enthusiastic Member
13-10-2020, 06:14 PM

Hey!

(Please read the TLDR first which leads straight to the point if that makes things faster. Thanks.)

My issue is something similar to this one right here: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-34488-page-3.html
but I'll start from the beginning.

Yesterday night, I tried to root my fully working Tecno Camon 15. I unlocked bootloader, restarted the phone to verify it and then took it back to fastboot where I first flashed an empty vbmeta file and then flash a magisk-patched boot img but that's where I messed up. I forgot to disable verity which resulted in an "Orange State" bootloop (My phone kept rebooting after that message which tells you that the phone is unlocked and can't be trusted).

I looked for around 7 hours online and finally found Hovatek. I followed this post and downloaded both the roms, extracted them in a folder etc. after which I went into the SPF tool and selected the right DA and Auth files (Both of them by X3non on Hovatek). The very first ROM I tried was the (CD7-H6214AB-Q-200102V359) one which resulted in (STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH) by SPF and the "SoftwareDownload_V4.XX" both. I then tried the other ROM too on both tools which too failed.

I understand that I should've just flashed the boot.img and get it over with but I didn't know better and used the Firmware Upgrade option on both tools which failed. Then I tried my luck with the download only option which too failed on both tools.

TL;DR:
- As of right now both SPF and "SoftwareDownload_V4.XX" return STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH on both the ROMS.
- I should tell you that I didn't check the build number before flashing (My second f up) nor can I find it anywhere on or inside the phone box.
- This is a quote from the thread I linked at the very top: "Whenever I select boot, preloader, recovery separately, they flash successfully, but partitions like tkv-verifieddtbo-verified, [i]vbmeta_system-verified, [i]vbmeta_vendor-verified, [i]super-verified gives me  mismatch error.[/i][/i][/i]"

Please help. I too broke to afford a new phone. I just bought this one like 2 months ago.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
13-10-2020, 07:13 PM
(13-10-2020, 06:14 PM)CyberSinister Hey!

(Please read the TLDR first which leads straight to the point if that makes things faster. Thanks.)

My issue is something similar to this one right here: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-34488-page-3.html

Yesterday night, I tried to root my fully working Tecno Camon 15. I unlocked bootloader, restarted the phone to verify it and then took it back to fastboot where I first flashed an empty vbmeta file and then flash a magisk-patched boot img but that's where I messed up. I forgot to disable verity which resulted in an "Orange State" bootloop (My phone kept rebooting after that message which tells you that the phone is unlocked and can't be trusted).

I looked for around 7 hours online and finally found Hovatek. I followed this post and downloaded both the roms, extracted them in a folder etc. after which I went into the SPF tool and selected the right DA and Auth files (Both of them by X3non on Hovatek). The very first ROM I tried was the (CD7-H6214AB-Q-200102V359) one which resulted in (STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH) by SPF and the "SoftwareDownload_V4.XX" both. I then tried the other ROM too on both tools which too failed.

I understand that I should've just flashed the boot.img and get it over with but I didn't know better and used the Firmware Upgrade option on both tools which failed. Then I tried my luck with the download only option which too failed on both tools.

TL;DR:
- As of right now both SPF and "SoftwareDownload_V4.XX" return STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH on both the ROMS.
- I should tell you that I didn't check the build number before flashing (My second f up) nor can I find it anywhere on or inside the phone box.
- This is a quote from the thread I linked at the very top: "Whenever I select boot, preloader, recovery separately, they flash successfully, but partitions like tkv-verifieddtbo-verified, [i]vbmeta_system-verified, [i]vbmeta_vendor-verified, [i]super-verified gives me  mismatch error.[/i][/i][/i]"

Please help. I too broke to afford a new phone. I just bought this one like 2 months ago.

Stick to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-36892.html
CyberSinister
CyberSinister
CyberSinister
Enthusiastic Member
13-10-2020, 08:07 PM
(13-10-2020, 07:13 PM)innagee
(13-10-2020, 06:14 PM)CyberSinister Hey!

TL;DR:

Stick to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-36892.html

Sorry, I think it glitched.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Hovatek Mobile
Tema Yuriev
Tema Yuriev
Tema Yuriev
Enthusiastic Member
03-11-2020, 07:08 AM
Hello how to enter edl mode tecno camon 15 cd7?
This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 07:27 AM by Tema Yuriev.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-11-2020, 07:45 PM

(03-11-2020, 07:08 AM)Tema Yuriev Hello how to enter edl mode tecno camon 15 cd7?

edl mode is available to qualcomm devices
tecno camon 15 is a mediatek device, no edl mode