Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Anyone with a Ntel tecno camon c5?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Anyone with a Ntel tecno camon c5?

Anyone with a Ntel tecno camon c5?

itababa
itababa
itababa
14-10-2020, 10:38 AM

Hi All, I installed a TWRP recovery image on my tecno camon c5.  The phone then got stuck in a reboot loop.  Unfortunately in order to fix it, I then installed the Hovatek stock rom I found on the Internet ([Hovatek]-Tecno-C5-H351-D1-L.zip). After that, nothing shows on the screen any longer. I can tell it is up because the screen is backlit but still blank. I can also connect to the phone using adb and run commands such as listing its content and uploading/pushing files to its sdcard. I was even able to use adb to install a (KingRoot) APK file on the phone using adb. 

Someone mentioned it is probably due to having the "wrong" lk.bin which is not initializing the display properly. Unfortunately all the stock images on the Internet seems to be exactly the same (they have the exact same copy of the lk.bin file). This is the Ntel tecno camon c5 so it appears it is probably customized in some way that makes the stock rom not initialize the screen properly.  Please does anyone have a copy of this specific phone?  You can extract its rom using the instructions at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html  and upload them to some site on the Internet (any of the free file upload services) and I can download it from there and apply it to my phone.  I even contacted someone that works in Ntel sales but she couldn't find a copy of the phone. Thank you very much.
This post was last modified: 15-10-2020, 10:39 AM by X3non.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-10-2020, 11:27 AM
(14-10-2020, 10:38 AM)itababa ...

you definitely need to look for a working phone same model as yours to backup firmware from
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-10-2020, 06:16 AM
(14-10-2020, 10:38 AM)itababa Hi All, I installed a TWRP recovery image on my tecno camon c5.  The phone then got stuck in a reboot loop.  Unfortunately in order to fix it, I then installed the Hovatek stock rom I found on the Internet ([Hovatek]-Tecno-C5-H351-D1-L.zip). After that, nothing shows on the screen any longer. I can tell it is up because the screen is backlit but still blank. I can also connect to the phone using adb and run commands such as listing its content and uploading/pushing files to its sdcard. I was even able to use adb to install a (KingRoot) APK file on the phone using adb. 

Someone mentioned it is probably due to having the "wrong" lk.bin which is not initializing the display properly. Unfortunately all the stock images on the Internet seems to be exactly the same (they have the exact same copy of the lk.bin file). This is the Ntel tecno camon c5 so it appears it is probably customized in some way that makes the stock rom not initialize the screen properly.  Please does anyone have a copy of this specific phone?  You can extract its rom using the instructions at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html  and upload them to some site on the Internet (any of the free file upload services) and I can download it from there and apply it to my phone.  I even contacted someone that works in Ntel sales but she couldn't find a copy of the phone. Thank you very much.

Do you recall the phone's original build number?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.