Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] What does the SP Flash tools error 8046 mean?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] What does the SP Flash tools error 8046 mean?

[Please help] What does the SP Flash tools error 8046 mean?

james909
james909
james909
Enthusiastic Member
25-05-2015, 09:29 PM

What does the SP Flash tools error 8046 mean?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-05-2015, 12:00 PM
(25-05-2015, 09:29 PM)james909 What does the SP Flash tools error 8046 mean?

whats the hint at the bottom and have you tried both version 3 and 5?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
james909
james909
james909
Enthusiastic Member
05-06-2015, 12:31 PM
(26-05-2015, 12:00 PM)hovatek
(25-05-2015, 09:29 PM)james909 What does the SP Flash tools error 8046 mean?

whats the hint at the bottom and have you tried both version 3 and 5?
I have tried both versions. The hint is blank, although at one point it was saying invalid flash. I think the internal flash is corrupt. I probably dropped the phone too many times. I've tried every version of SP Flash tools and lots of different roms and nothing ever starts. If I could format then I would feel optimistic but I've given up on it for now. BTW I previously flashed the phone okay so I know the drivers are all installed correctly. The phone just kept crashing until it wouldn't start at all.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-06-2015, 04:51 PM
(05-06-2015, 12:31 PM)james909 I have tried both versions.  The hint is blank, although at one point it was saying invalid flash.  I think the internal flash is corrupt.  I probably dropped the phone too many times.  I've tried every version of SP Flash tools and lots of different roms and nothing ever starts.  If I could format then I would feel optimistic but I've given up on it for now.  BTW I previously flashed the phone okay so I know the drivers are all installed correctly.  The phone just kept crashing until it wouldn't start at all.

between version 3 and 5, you should at least get a hint at the bottom
check the version info of the sp flash tool you're using to be sure they're v 3 and 5
another thing that could help us locate the problem is the point at which the error pops up.
at what point in the flashing process does the error pop up?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
james909
james909
james909
Enthusiastic Member
08-06-2015, 02:28 PM

(05-06-2015, 04:51 PM)hovatek
(05-06-2015, 12:31 PM)james909 I have tried both versions.  The hint is blank, although at one point it was saying invalid flash.  I think the internal flash is corrupt.  I probably dropped the phone too many times.  I've tried every version of SP Flash tools and lots of different roms and nothing ever starts.  If I could format then I would feel optimistic but I've given up on it for now.  BTW I previously flashed the phone okay so I know the drivers are all installed correctly.  The phone just kept crashing until it wouldn't start at all.

between version 3 and 5, you should at least get a hint at the bottom
check the version info of the sp flash tool you're using to be sure they're v 3 and 5
another thing that could help us locate the problem is the point at which the error pops up.
at what point in the flashing process does the error pop up?

It shows 100% da and a full red bar then it stops working at about the 10 second mark. I've had it go on for a lot longer but I eventually got an error that the device wasn't responding. I never get the bar to start going green.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-06-2015, 04:50 PM
(08-06-2015, 02:28 PM)james909 It shows 100% da and a full red bar then it stops working at about the 10 second mark.  I've had it go on for a lot longer but I eventually got an error that the device wasn't responding.  I never get the bar to start going green.

ok. judging by your description, I can somewhat eliminate some possible causes

1. I know the ROM is somewhat recognized as being for your phone model, else, you wont have got this far (error 4032 would've popped up at once)
2. I know its not a vcom driver issue because the phone got detected

What remains to be eliminated are:

1. its possible that flashing is getting interrupted due to the phone disconnecting or attempting to power on
2. its possible SP flash tool is having problems reading / writing to the phone
3. its possible the ports / cord arent functioning correctly

Note!
james909
james909
james909
Enthusiastic Member
08-06-2015, 05:25 PM
(08-06-2015, 04:50 PM)hovatek
(08-06-2015, 02:28 PM)james909 It shows 100% da and a full red bar then it stops working at about the 10 second mark.  I've had it go on for a lot longer but I eventually got an error that the device wasn't responding.  I never get the bar to start going green.

ok. judging by your description, I can somewhat eliminate some  possible causes

1. I know the ROM is somewhat recognized as being for your phone model, else, you wont have got this far (error 4032 would've popped up at once)
2. I know its not a vcom driver issue because the phone got detected

What remains to be eliminated are:

1. its possible that flashing is getting interrupted due to the phone disconnecting or attempting to power on
2. its possible SP flash tool is having problems reading / writing to the phone
3. its possible the ports / cord arent functioning correctly

I think number two but I will try to find another cord to test.