Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Doogee S88 pro + malware
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Doogee S88 pro + malware

Doogee S88 pro + malware

Moobeetem
Moobeetem
Moobeetem
10-11-2020, 11:06 PM

Hello,

I recently purchased a doogee s88 pro, because I absolutely love the specifications, especially the battery as well as the design.

However I have read online that there's been numerous complaints about doogee shipping their phones with preinstalled malware.

Has anyone been able to back this up, or better yet prove this isn't true?

Without being able to root the device, and install a custom ROM on it, I'm a little bit hesitant of using the phone even though I love it.

Some have suggested something called sleeper malware which only activates after a certain amount of time.

Is this true, or is doogee considered trustworthy?
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
13-11-2020, 09:39 AM
(10-11-2020, 11:06 PM)Moobeetem Hello,

I recently purchased a doogee s88 pro, because I absolutely love the specifications, especially the battery as well as the design.

However I have read online that there's been numerous complaints about doogee shipping their phones with preinstalled malware.

Has anyone been able to back this up, or better yet prove this isn't true?

Without being able to root the device, and install a custom ROM on it, I'm a little bit hesitant of using the phone even though I love it.

Some have suggested something called sleeper malware which only activates after a certain amount of time.

Is this true, or is doogee considered trustworthy?

I think this is true to a large extent. Doogee isn't the only one guilty of such. Its rampant on those cheap generic devices. If the malware is in the /system directory then a clean GSI should solve that