Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Help me
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Help me

Help me

lek jambret
lek jambret
lek jambret
Enthusiastic Member
16-11-2020, 11:32 AM

I got a nokia 5.1 plus totally dead state, my mistake was doing the backup after I installed the firmware.
I tried to install the proinfo, protect1, proteck2 partitions but when verifying the serial number via adb I got a notification "(bootloader) PID NULL" and failed to flash nvram.img with the notification "FAILED (device is locked)".
Can this be solved by rewriting the nvram and proinfo partitions?
Please guide ?
This post was last modified: 16-11-2020, 11:34 AM by lek jambret.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-11-2020, 05:58 PM
(16-11-2020, 11:32 AM)lek jambret I got a nokia 5.1 plus totally dead state, my mistake was doing the backup after I installed the firmware.
I tried to install the proinfo, protect1, proteck2 partitions but when verifying the serial number via adb I got a notification "(bootloader) PID NULL" and failed to flash nvram.img with the notification "FAILED (device is locked)".
Can this be solved by rewriting the nvram and proinfo partitions?
Please guide ?

don't understand what you mean by "my mistake was doing the backup after I installed the firmware"
what were you doing that led to the phone going totally dead? what tool did you use? what was the outcome?
lek jambret
lek jambret
lek jambret
Enthusiastic Member
17-11-2020, 03:13 PM
I bought this bricked device. I flashed the firmware using SP flashtool.
before flashing I forgot to backup and I chose "format + download" mode to flash the firmware.
now my device imei is unknown and the serial number has changed to 0123456789ABCDEF. Is there a way to solve this problem?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-11-2020, 10:34 AM
(17-11-2020, 03:13 PM)lek jambret I bought this bricked device. I flashed the firmware using SP flashtool.
before flashing I forgot to backup and I chose "format + download" mode to flash the firmware.
now my device imei is unknown and the serial number has changed to 0123456789ABCDEF. Is there a way to solve this problem?

ensure that the baseband on the phone isn't unknown see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21069.html
you can try using modem meta tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html