Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Bricked Tecno P9 4.2
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Bricked Tecno P9 4.2

[Please help] Bricked Tecno P9 4.2

Ibn Yahya
Ibn Yahya
Ibn Yahya
26-05-2015, 05:37 PM

Pls I really need your help!

But before I proceed , I'd like to extend my heartfelt appreciation to you guys over there. You're really doing a great job!! Thanks a million!!!

My Tecno P9 4.2 got bricked when I mistakenly formatted the system partition. It currently doesn't turn on when I press the power button, neither does it turn on when I plug it to power. When I plug it to the PC, it is neither detected nor does it turn on until after about 10minutes, but immediately disconnects and leaves the Tecno logo on the display for some minutes before going off. The same thing keeps repeating itself if I leave the device plugged to the PC.

I have the MTK backup of the exact device and I tried using SP Flash tool according to the procedure provided here. The procedure requires removing the battery of the device, but this is a pad and I'm at a loss as to how to that.

I've tried using SP Flash Tool v5.1352.01 and SP Flash Tool v3.1332.0.sn187 without success.

I'll be indeed very grateful if I get over this problem. The device is very important to me.

Thanks for all the help you're rendering.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-05-2015, 08:34 PM
(26-05-2015, 05:37 PM)Ibn Yahya Pls I really need your help!

But before I proceed , I'd like to extend my heartfelt appreciation to you guys over there. You're really doing a great job!! Thanks a million!!!

My Tecno P9 4.2 got bricked when I mistakenly formatted the system partition. It currently doesn't turn on when I press the power button, neither does it turn on when I plug it to power. When I plug it to the PC, it is neither detected nor does it turn on until after about 10minutes, but immediately disconnects and leaves the Tecno logo on the display for some minutes before going off. The same thing keeps repeating itself if I leave the device plugged to the PC.

I have the MTK backup of the exact device and I tried using SP Flash tool according to the procedure provided here. The procedure requires removing the battery of the device, but this is a pad and I'm at a loss as to how to that.

I've tried using SP Flash Tool v5.1352.01 and SP Flash Tool v3.1332.0.sn187 without success.

I'll be indeed very grateful if I get over this problem. The device is very important to me.

Thanks for all the help you're rendering.

you dont need to remove the battery. just ensure  its switched off before you connect to PC for flashing 
before flashing in sp flash tool, install vcom drivers using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
see the updated video @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ibn Yahya
Ibn Yahya
Ibn Yahya
26-05-2015, 09:17 PM

My Tecno P9 4.2 got bricked when I mistakenly formatted the system partition. It ...

Thanks. I'll do that.
Ibn Yahya
Ibn Yahya
Ibn Yahya
26-05-2015, 09:48 PM
(26-05-2015, 09:17 PM)Ibn Yahya

My Tecno P9 4.2 got bricked when I mistakenly formatted the system partition. It ...

Thanks. I'll do that.

Once again, I've been saved!! Thanks alot it worked.