Hovatek Forum GENERAL General Discussions How to Use Etisalat BIS Plan (3GB data @ N1000) on Android and PC (Hotspot)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to Use Etisalat BIS Plan (3GB data @ N1000) on Android and PC (Hotspot)

How to Use Etisalat BIS Plan (3GB data @ N1000) on Android and PC (Hotspot)

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
Ibn Yahya
Ibn Yahya
Ibn Yahya
27-05-2015, 12:42 AM

Hello everyone!

This tweak has been active for months now and is still very functional.
All you need is an android phone or any other phone that allows you configure APN settings manually and has the ability to share its network (hotspot).

To subscribe for Etisalat BIS complete (3GB data for 30 days) at N1000, see this list https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-83.html or dial *200# and follow the on-screen procedure. This is safer because the subscription code sometimes changes, but the SIM menu codes remain up to date. Remember to switch off Data transmission before loading credit.

Disable Data auto renewal by dialing *229*0# before you recharge.

If you exhaust your 3GB data before the end of 30 days, dial *200# and follow the on-screen menu to Opt Out first before attempting to renew. This is because the systems are set to automatically renew your subscription at the end of 30 days and would not allow you make a new one before the period is expired.

Let's start.

1. On your Android, Go to Settings > Wireless & Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Etisalat NG   (Android 2 users might have it slightly different).

2. Press the Options button and select New APN
    NB: Some devices do not give this option. Simply select the default ETISALAT WAP and
     proceed.

3. Enter the following:
     NAME:               Etisalat NG
     APN:                  blackberry.net
     PROXY ADDR:   10.71.170.5
     PORT:                 8080
     USERNAME:       etisalat
     PASSWORD:      8080
     SERVER:             etisalat

4. Press the Options button and SAVE.

5. Select this new APN as default.

6. Browse freestyle on your device.

HOTSPOTTING

1. Press the Windows Key on your keyboard, then type Internet Options and select it.

Windows 7 users will see it in the Start Menu, while Windows 8 users will find it on the Start
    Screen under Settings, and Windows 8.1 users will see it on the Start Screen as well.

2. In the window that pops up, select the Connections tab.

3. Then select LAN Settings. Another window should pop up.

4. In the LAN Settings window, Tick the check box under Proxy server that reads
    "Use a proxy server for your LAN" then enter 10.71.170.5 under Address and 8080
     under Port. Click OK on all open windows to save settings.

5. On your Android device, switch on your data transmission and switch on your
    hotspot.

6. Make sure your computer's WiFi is turned on then connect and Enjoy!

NB: To protect your data from being used without your permission, add a security
        password or better still, limit the number of Maximum Connections to 1.

Additional Notes.
You may find that your Whatsapp doesn't connect. That's because Whatsapp has not started allowing proxy connections. This is what you should do.

1. Go to Playstore and download SurfEasy

2. Launch the application and get registered.

3. Click Options and press Turn ON. On the pop-up that follows, Accept and OK.

4. It should start connecting. When a secure connection is established (only takes
    a few seconds), minimize the application and open Whatsapp.

5. To download Whatsapp media (pictures, videos and audios) through this connection,  temporarily disconnect  SurfEasy.

UPDATE
You can alternatively use any of these premium VPN apps in place of SurfEasy
Droid VPN Premium (requires root for optimal performance): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4jHtK...21tTWNZUjg

Jail Break VPN Premium: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4jHtK...20zeXlfOW8

Enjoy!

NB: Please note that Etisalat has discontinued its BlackBerry services as at November/December 2016. Hence there's no longer such thing as a 3GB BB subscrption, just normal raw data.
This post was last modified: 14-02-2017, 10:52 PM by Ibn Yahya. Edit Reason: Validity period ended
tundecool
tundecool
tundecool
10-07-2015, 08:01 AM
Bro, are u sure?

Make I no go dash etisalat 1k ooo..
Ibn Yahya
Ibn Yahya
Ibn Yahya
10-07-2015, 04:47 PM
(10-07-2015, 08:01 AM)tundecool Bro, are u sure?

Make I no go dash etisalat 1k ooo..

It's definitely working. No worries. Cancel all auto data renewals by dialing *229*0# to avoid receiving 200MB.
Jethro13
Jethro13
Jethro13
Respected Member
11-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Good day.. .. love this thread pls I need confirmation if it's working without tweaking imei n d surfeasy app is it compulsory to be downloaded!
This post was last modified: 11-07-2015, 10:43 PM by Jethro13.
Ibn Yahya
Ibn Yahya
Ibn Yahya
13-07-2015, 02:30 PM

(11-07-2015, 10:34 PM)Jethro13 Good day.. .. love this thread pls I need confirmation if it's working without tweaking imei  n d surfeasy app is it compulsory to be downloaded!

It does not need any IMEI tweaking. Any VPN app should work, but SurfEasy is light, simple and uses little system resources.
ttoobbyy
ttoobbyy
ttoobbyy
Techie Member
13-07-2015, 04:48 PM
it's working for my itel 1502, i tried day plan, now m using a month plan i connect with psiphone vpn or surfeasy both working
winnzzy
winnzzy
winnzzy
Enthusiastic Member
18-07-2015, 02:11 PM
(13-07-2015, 04:48 PM)ttoobbyy it's working for my itel 1502, i tried day plan, now m using a month plan i connect with psiphone vpn or surfeasy both working

Is this tweak fast.. Does it still work?

Sent from my Infinix-X551 using Hovatek mobile
Muchmoney
Muchmoney
Muchmoney
Techie Member
19-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Not working at all. I have bb subscription on 2 etisalat sims. None is working. If it is working for you, please post a screen shot.
Ibn Yahya
Ibn Yahya
Ibn Yahya
25-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Did you follow the instructions properly? Pls note that SurfEasy is only required if you're using Whatsapp. It should be disconnected when you're not on Whatsapp. The tweak is still very active, especially on 3G mode. In fact, downloads reach up to over 2MB/sec depending on your device and network strength.
Emmy1
Emmy1
Emmy1
Techie Member
25-07-2015, 07:49 PM

(25-07-2015, 11:48 AM)Ibn Yahya Did you follow the instructions properly? Pls note that SurfEasy is only required if you're using Whatsapp. It should be disconnected when you're not on Whatsapp. The tweak is still very active, especially on 3G mode. In fact, downloads reach up to over 2MB/sec depending on your device and network strength.

What is the code for one week
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next